No announcement yet.

Let's play: Forumquest!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B) Fury at the hardships you have had to endure. Curse you Banished Horan, what were you thinking!?

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

No more fish and meat, all our family is dead, leaving us alone in what was once a prosperous farm, and now there's a Wyld storm coming to finish us off? I'm gonna vote
      B) Fury at the hardships you have had to endure.

Comment

Heck, I'll bite.

Let us be wise about this. We have lived well, and in the next life we will be rewarded for our labors in this one, if only by the respect of our ancestors and our fallen family in the Underworld.

We're feeling satisfaction at what we've built, though it's a damn shame we're not passing it on to the next generation.

Satisfaction and pride. Bring it, Saturn.

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

The absence of a monument can, in its own way, be something of a monument also.
        -Roger Zelazny

Comment

B) Fury.

We're never going to Exalt if we humbly accept the inevitable or give up and roll over.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

Y'all suck at Enlightenment.

You don't get to be a successful farmer by bitching about how hard it is! You roll up your sleeves and get to work. Bein' proud of your accomplishments and knowing satisfaction at a life well-lived doesn't mean rolling over and giving up! It can mean sublime acceptance of the fact that nothing lasts forever, or it can lead to a decision to defend what you've built because you're gonna die anyway so you might as well fight to preserve something after you're gone!

...but it looks like I'm outvoted. So I guess we're going Infernal or cranky Solar instead of Endings or Serenity or Battles or optimistic Solar or Lunar-Who-Protects-Her-Home-Territory.

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

-Roger Zelazny

Comment

Guru, I get what you're saying, but if your only living relative was Banished Horan, you'd be pretty angry too.

Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

Comment

Hey, I'm just saying. After working all your life, you'd expect a kind and just Heaven to leave you something more to show for it than an empty house. All your achievements will eventually turn to dust, sure, but that doesn't mean you want to see it happen right before your eyes.

I mean, what are you, some sort of wise old... guru...

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
                  Guru, I get what you're saying, but if your only living relative was Banished Horan, you'd be pretty angry too.
                  I know, right? What a douche.

I'll admit, given the circumstance, it seems a bit strange to be feeling satisfaction. I'd say fury or despair, and frankly, one is way more over done than the other. So I will have to pick...

C) Despair at your imminent end

Dex Davican wrote: I can say without exaggeration or dishonesty that I am the most creative man ever to have lived

Comment

I shall defy what appears to be the inevitable by picking...
                    A) Satisfaction at the prosperity your two hands have brought

My reasons much resemble Wise Old Guru's. Some people find satisfaction in what they've had and earned, even in the face of the end. Some people can stare right into the oncoming storm that will wash away all they are and all they've made with a sense of peace and serenity in a life well-lived. There's nothing wrong with being pissed off about it, but facing what might be the end with positive feelings about one's life is definitely more interesting to me. Note that this does not automatically mean not doing one's damnedest to avoid dying or to preserve what one has: "I've led a long, happy life. So I'd like that to continue."

That said, I also don't see finding satisfaction in the prosperity one has brought as mutually exclusive with frustration at the hardships endured in bringing about that prosperity. People are allowed to feel more than one emotion at a time, guys. A & B together isn't implausible.
                    Last edited by Gaius; 10-28-2014, 09:52 PM.

The EX3 What We Know Wiki, courtesy of Marin and JMobius
                    Nishkriya, the EX3 Freelancer Quotes Tracker, courtesy of Anathema and Moonwolf
                    The White Wolf Forum Archive, courtesy of The Dark Wizard and Sanctaphrax (see its Patreon)
                    Arrghus: There's also the Shepherd of the North Star, busily guiding the one thing in all the heavens that doesn't move.

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus878 View Post
                      Hey, we banished him. Problem solved! No reason to hold on to our anger towards someone we will likely never meet again. Let it go.

-Roger Zelazny

Comment

Definitely B) fury.

Also eat a crowtato

Comment

Originally posted by Dominostro View Post
                          Definitely B) fury.

Also eat a crowtato

Furiously.

Comment

[To clarify something, when I offer a choice with set alternatives like this I'll pick the response randomly, basing the ratio on the number of votes for each option. So being outvoted doesn't make your vote pointless! (Of course I say that and then the dice ends up picking the most popular option...)
                            When it's open ended (like picking the name) I might randomise, or I'll just pick whatever option I like the most. It'll depend :P]

Enter a command: B

You have selected: Fury

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...

Comment

Begin cutscene:

Crowtato really isn't very good raw. You eat it anyway.
                              You stare deep into the forest - the tide is rising. This is it.

Comment

>Get ye flask

Have you ever read a Coik post before, man? lol
                                -Holden

Comment

Working...
                                X