No announcement yet.

Upon the Rock of Tradition: Memorials [Upcoming Fan Splat]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just suggesting it for the mechanical stuff of "you don't have these charms when they aren't attuned." I mean, unlike normal Evocations (which just interact with that one weapon or armor), doing Charms-as-Evocations would just give you charms that go away when you de-attune from that artifact.

I'm assuming they can't be forcibly de-attuned from their Catalyst? If that's even still a thing in 3e?

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

Dragonmystic and I actually discussed the idea of the Catalyst as shape-changing during a Memorial's Exaltation, but it started feeling a lot like a Lunar's spirit shape. We eventually decided that it felt better if the Memorial's Catalyst was usually a remnant of a past incarnation, a legacy handed down to the Memorial by his past.

Masters of the Industrial Elements
      Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
      Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
      The Underworld (3rd Edition)
      ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

This is pretty awesome. Plan to show us any more goodies? Perhaps the other castes?

Comment

Hmm, it has been a while since we last updated this. To be fair, I've been in somewhat of a holding pattern, waiting to see what 3e brings before proceeding further.

Kyeudo has put more work into it, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyeudo View Post
            there isn't anything stopping the Guild or someone else from kidnapping a Memorial's family and using them to blackmail the Memorial into giving up his powers. I'm sure there's more I haven't thought of yet.
            Yes I am sure that would end well for those mortals. But this also assumes that random people in the late-Second Age world know how Memorial power works.

"Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

"Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

Comment

Originally posted by ZealousChristian24 View Post
              This is pretty awesome. Plan to show us any more goodies? Perhaps the other castes?
              There's some that I've been working on, but they haven't quite cleared the standard of awesome yet. Meanwhile, thinking about Memorials leads to thinking about the Underworld which leads to thinking about the changes that Third Edition will surely bring to the Underworld, its politics, the Deathlords, the Abyssals, the addition of the Liminals, the possibility of Lunar involvement, and the current sorry state of ghosts and their mechanics.

I think the Caste writeups are done and unlikely to change, so I think we could probably spoil one of them. We haven't released the write ups for the Scholars, the Wardens, or the Wayfinders yet. Any preferences?

Originally posted by Zelbinnean View Post
              Yes I am sure that would end well for those mortals. But this also assumes that random people in the late-Second Age world know how Memorial power works.
              The thing we are going for here is that the Memorials have been around for all of Creation's history and, while less numerous than Dragon-Blooded, are more common than, say, Sidereals. That means that it is reasonable that various entities know that a Memorial can forsake his Exaltation. I can certainly see it as a secret that many would like to keep quiet, though.

Comment

I'd like to see Wayfinders.

Comment

Thank you for responding! I would personally prefer either Scholars or Wayfarers, please. Sorry if my last post sounded a little like wineing.

Comment

Definitely want to see Wayfinders!

"Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

"Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

Comment

THE CHOSEN OF CHARON

Memories guide us through life. From the first tottering steps of an infant to the landmarks along a trade route to the advice handed down by an elder, memories make what should come next clear and reassure us as we walk along the path of life. This is the task given to the Chosen of Charon.
                      During the Primordial War, the Wayfinders served as scouts, trailblazers, and guides, ensuring that enemies were found and that supply caravans reached their destinations safely. In the golden age that followed the war, they continued their work as merchant princes, rangers, and explorers, helping to map and tame the dangerous places of Creation, the Wyld, and the Underworld.
                      After the Usurpation and again after the Balorian Crusade, the Chosen of Charon rebuilt the trade houses, shipping companies, and pilgrimage routes. Their guidance brought great voyages safely to their destinations, armies a sure route into the enemy's fortress, and refugees to a new place to call home.
                      Those Chosen to take up the mantle of a Wayfinder are often confident in their self-sufficiency and well-prepared for whatever they may find along the trail. Many are restless, always wanting to be going somewhere and doing something. There are more than a few who are outspoken about what should be done and which path to take. Wayfinders are often natural leaders, their place at the head of any expedition they are a part of.
                      Anima Banner: The Chosen of Charon are marked by the Ferryman's sign, a boat beneath the pale sun of the Underworld. Their animas are blends of stormy greys, misty silvers, and pale amber.
                      Caste Abilities: The Chosen of Charon are adept at finding their way, at all forms of travel, and in leading men to follow their path. Their Caste Abilities are Awareness and Presence and three Abilities from the following list: Athletics, Ride, Sail, Socialize, or Surival.
                      Associations: The color gray, the season of winter, the western direction, and the element of water.
                      Sobriquets: Wayfinders
                      Concepts: Military scout, merchant prince, ship's captain, ranger, caravan master, diplomat

Comment

Are you envisioning the Memorial Castemarks to look like the astrological symbols Pluto, Charon, Uranus, etc.? Like the Sidereals have the astrological symbols of Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn?

Comment

Originally posted by Zelbinnean View Post
                          Are you envisioning the Memorial Castemarks to look like the astrological symbols Pluto, Charon, Uranus, etc.? Like the Sidereals have the astrological symbols of Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn?

Yes, that is the intent.

Comment

What does the astrological sign of Charon look like?

My homebrew blog

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Jaxus View Post
                              What does the astrological sign of Charon look like?
                              Something like this:

Comment

Interesting, I'm liking so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X