Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mnemon, why are you so Mean ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mnemon, why are you so Mean ?


    Yeah, Mnemon doesn't seem like a nice person, and she is so high-up there in the the heart of the Imperial City, not to mention having a bunch of App 5 lovers trailing behind her back. If the PC somehow falling in love with her by some wick chance, does that mean they are doom to fail from the start ?

    Since the Purple Princess look like the kind of character that kick you into the trash can the moment you're running out of use without batting an eyelash, such people are usually immune to all kind of seduction and love. I have read some PC write-up where they are engaged to Mnemon and thinking "You don't get bad end #43 where she sics a bunch of blood apes on you, Please teach me how !".
    Last edited by Jen; 11-13-2014, 12:58 PM.


    The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

  • #2
    She's not mean, she's six hundred years old and she's just lost track of her moral code.

    (amusingly, this might be literally true)


    Bits and pieces of Exalted setting.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Omicron View Post
      She's not mean, she's six hundred years old and she's just lost track of her moral code.

      (amusingly, this might be literally true)

      headcannon accepted

      Plus, don't forget: She knows what happened to momma (IIRC) but she's not telling...


      Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

      Comment


      • #4
        Hmm... Moral Code... <adds to list of things NPCs can sacrifice for Sorcery>
        Fits right beside Anger and Memory!

        Comment


        • #5
          Part of it might just be her environment. Most of great house founders are dead, and the current rulers worked their way up in an environment where their houses were old enough to be immortal institutions to the human mind. Mnemon had to build it all up, carving a place for her house against the at least implicit competition of all the other houses.

          If she was a nice person she would probably be a lower-upperclass wife in some major house who taught sorcery and was well regarded in her field.

          Edit: Though terrestrials are my fourth after Alchemicals, Solars, and Infernals when it comes to my reading so I may be mistaken.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Omicron View Post
            She's not mean, she's six hundred years old and she's just lost track of her moral code.
            ... Did the Scarlet Empress eat her fries?

            ****

            In Little Red's write up in CBE, it implies that she can have her Happily Ever After Moment with someone who:

            1. Is a competent Sorcerer
            2. Has as much ambition as her.
            3. Does not stand in the way of her ruling the Realm singled handed with an iron fist.

            So all you need to do is find a suitably grand ambition which is aided by being married to the Empress of the Realm, but in no way involves using Mnemon. So... I guess if you were a Celestial God, then you'd have a shot... if only she didn't believe in the Immaculate Texts... I guess Ragara Bhagwei would have a shot... if he didn't hate Mnemon with the passion of a thousand suns. Hmm... I'll get back to you on that one...


            Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post

              In Little Red's write up in CBE, it implies that she can have her Happily Ever After Moment with someone who:

              1. Is a competent Sorcerer
              2. Has as much ambition as her.
              3. Does not stand in the way of her ruling the Realm singled handed with an iron fist.
              Would "Being married to the most powerful woman in Creation" not be ambitious enough? If not, maybe tag something on to it, like "be the favored assassin/administrator/assistant to the most powerful woman in Creation."


              Glorious Echeladder Ascension Technique - Forum Topic

              "Look, sometimes you just are in the mood to play the divinely empowered champion of the God of Farts. Mechanically optimized play is not the only way to enjoy playing your character." -Wise Old Guru

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
                ... Did the Scarlet Empress eat her fries?

                ****

                In Little Red's write up in CBE, it implies that she can have her Happily Ever After Moment with someone who:

                1. Is a competent Sorcerer
                2. Has as much ambition as her.
                3. Does not stand in the way of her ruling the Realm singled handed with an iron fist.

                So all you need to do is find a suitably grand ambition which is aided by being married to the Empress of the Realm, but in no way involves using Mnemon. So... I guess if you were a Celestial God, then you'd have a shot... if only she didn't believe in the Immaculate Texts... I guess Ragara Bhagwei would have a shot... if he didn't hate Mnemon with the passion of a thousand suns. Hmm... I'll get back to you on that one...
                I've always thought that finding and marrying the Scarlet Empress to be a suitably gutsy and impressive way for a Solar to begin rebuilding the Old Realm, in no part to the need to maneuver Realm politics, avoid detection and actually find his/her beau. That Mnemon could take her place? I never considered that. Still, here's hoping I can find a Realm Civil War game to try this character out in.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ryumaru View Post

                  Would "Being married to the most powerful woman in Creation" not be ambitious enough? If not, maybe tag something on to it, like "be the favored assassin/administrator/assistant to the most powerful woman in Creation."
                  Clearly Mnemon needs her own Vin.


                  Bits and pieces of Exalted setting.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Mnemon is Exalted's Azula, or vice versa. She's a sociopathic princess with parental issues, extraordinary talents and a mean sense of entitlement.


                    Currently writing for Exigents.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Ryumaru
                      Would "Being married to the most powerful woman in Creation" not be ambitious enough?
                      Would Mnemon be satisfied with just being married to somebody more powerful than herself?


                      I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                      Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                      https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Omicron View Post
                        She's not mean, she's six hundred years old and she's just lost track of her moral code.

                        (amusingly, this might be literally true)

                        Strange, I prefer to construct that rhyme with Cecelyne. Yet, the comparisons of the Scarlet Empress to Hudson Abadeer are giving me a chortle-worthy image of the SE raiding the fridge at midnight in a tanktop and boxer shorts to make a giant sandwich.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dietaku View Post
                          I've always thought that finding and marrying the Scarlet Empress to be a suitably gutsy and impressive way for a Solar to begin rebuilding the Old Realm, in no part to the need to maneuver Realm politics, avoid detection and actually find his/her beau. That Mnemon could take her place? I never considered that. Still, here's hoping I can find a Realm Civil War game to try this character out in.
                          I played a game where marrying Memnon to legitimise my character's rule was a genuine plan we were working towards. The only trouble was that Memnon didn't want to marry the Emperor, she wanted to be the Empress, which was fair but annoying. In the end the two characters kind of fell for each other a bit though (despite being a Solar, we managed to persuade her that the Immaculate texts were not infallible, which was tricky enough let me tell you) and became pretty intimate and it seemed like the problem had been solved.

                          Sadly, the game finished before we could resolve it. Was very cool though. Memnon makes a cool love interest character, she's frosty and ruthless, but in anime-style romance land what that really means is tsundere (or so I am told), and having marriage negotiations with Memnon where she is ostensibly unhappy about the whole deal but very hot under the collar is pretty funny.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The following seem relevant to talk of Mnemon, at least as far as EX3 goes and especially Immaculate beliefs, so I'll just leave these here.
                            Originally posted by EX3 What We Know Wiki
                            Q: (Mizu005)
                            Will Savants in the Realm who realize the whole 'Anathema' thing (and the Immaculate faith in general) is pure BS but continue to pay lip service in public out of pragmatism be common? Because it always bothered me that Scroll of Exalts described Mnemon as a 'true believer' in the Immaculate faith despite being an elder exalt with a 7 in Lore and Occult who should flat out just know better (Truth be told, I was also bothered by the notion that the Empress would raise an ignoramus for a child when there was no benefit at all to letting her children think the Immaculate faith was anything but a propaganda tool).

                            A: (Holden)
                            People like Mnemon aren't misinformed so much as fully and pragmatically informed. She's fully aware that Solars and Lunars are just another kind of Exalted. She also knows that the Lunars are demonstrably batshit crazy monsters trying to tear down the Realm and eat her flesh; and that the last time the Solars were around, they took charge of the world, built terrifyingly powerful magical weapons, then eventually went batshit crazy and started wrecking everything. She sees no reason to believe that, if the Solars are allowed to come back, things would be any different the second time around. Really, it's the Gold Faction that's making a leap of faith here-- "this time things will all work out for the best and the Solars won't fall into hubris and madness, because of reasons." She doesn't advertise the fact that the Anathema are just another kind of Exalt to the masses because it's generally a bad idea to draw attention to points of similarity between yourself and a group you're trying to demonize.


                            Q: (Mizu005)
                            Will knowledge of the Sidereals existence likewise be more common? Because again, it bothered the hell out of me that people like Mnemon weren't full aware of how heavily involved Sidereals were in the Realm.

                            A: (Holden)
                            Mnemon is fully aware of Sidereal involvement in the Realm and helps cover up their involvement because it undermines the perceived legitimacy of the Dragon-Blooded hegemony if they've got another kind of Exalted propping up their rule, and because the Sidereals want it that way, and there's little to gain by giving them credit for anything when the Dragon-Blooded could take that credit for themselves.


                            Oh. And also this totally serious and definitely not jocular one.

                            Originally posted by EX3 What We Know Wiki
                            Q: (SurlySeraph)
                            Will Mnemon get the hugs she was so sorely deprived of as a child?

                            A: (John Mørke)
                            Never!


                            The EX3 What We Know Wiki, courtesy of Marin and JMobius
                            Nishkriya, the EX3 Freelancer Quotes Tracker, courtesy of Anathema and Moonwolf
                            The White Wolf Forum Archive, courtesy of The Dark Wizard and Sanctaphrax (see its Patreon)
                            Arrghus: There's also the Shepherd of the North Star, busily guiding the one thing in all the heavens that doesn't move.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I don't think my brain will let me take her seriously. Who wears a frumpy purple dress and a dull, matte crown with that gorgeous colour of hair? She clearly doesn't know what she's doing. I don't trust her to rule. And whoever told her that was a good look was clearly not looking out for her bests interests.

                              She's Earth-Aspected, she should ditch the purple dress for some flowing white silk chiffon. Make the crown darker and more severe (to project power), use food dyes to enhance the red of her hair. Get up in some really high heels to literally tower over her lessers. She could be really fierce and commanding but, at present, her character design really phones it in. Her purple dress makes me sad and angry. I hate it.


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X