Map Updates?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Updates?

Probably the spoilers I'm most interested in until the game is released is the Map Updates, I want to see how the world culture and setting is portrayed in the new edition. The Map of Creation always made me excited because I loved the ample space to create your own cultures and nations, and not just small ones you could create truly large ones in the gaps!

So its been ages since we got a map update. Care to inform us on some? :P

It is a time for great deeds!

You'll be seeing the finalized map very soon. We expect it in soon.

The latest version I saw blew me away.

Comment

Oh man, now I'm really excited. I love maps, and the previews we have already been given were pretty nice. I want the finished version.

Comment

From the Monday Meeting blog:

The map is almost done, Jared is working on a few tweaks I sent back to him.

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
        [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
        [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Holden View Post
          You'll be seeing the finalized map very soon. We expect it in soon.

The latest version I saw blew me away.
          If you can say, will this be the finalized map without labels and locations, or the full blown map itself?

Comment

I'm waiting (barely) patiently.

I'm a Woman, I'm a GM. Of course I'm Evil.

Follow the misadventures of the Dragons of the Sun

Comment

yess... give me maps! mine! precious little mapsies, give them to me! my mapsies... precious mapsies. GOLUM, GOLUM!

Ultimate Jade-Screened Exalted Scholar, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar
              THDR : Future Dragon-Blooded campaign, and other links.
              If you like Ex3, you can support Holden on Patreon!

Comment

I have a section of wall reserved for my map - the sooner it gets here, the faster I can frame it.

Masters of the Industrial Elements
                Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
                Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
                The Underworld (3rd Edition)
                ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

Originally posted by Kyeudo View Post
                  I have a section of wall reserved for my map - the sooner it gets here, the faster I can frame it.
                  I'm just hoping I'll have a wall by the time this all comes out!

Comment

I've seen a nearly-complete version of the map, and it's pretty sweet! I find it especially cool to see a whole bunch of new locations I created marked on the map.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

Is it in color!?

Comment

And here I am, getting increasingly bothered by how the Imperial Mountain is off-center.

(It's pretty cool map overall, though. Doubtlessly the most evocative teaser so far.)

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
                          Is it in color!?
                          It's in as much color as the most recent map sample that's up on the Kickstarter site.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                            It's in as much color as the most recent map sample that's up on the Kickstarter site.
                            Hmm... Does anyone (writer or otherwise) knows if the map will be a bit more... let's say colorful than the one we had in the previews once it's done? I really liked the vivid colors of the first and second edition maps, it would be weird to have a maps that's more... subdued.

Ultimate Jade-Screened Exalted Scholar, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar
                            THDR : Future Dragon-Blooded campaign, and other links.
                            If you like Ex3, you can support Holden on Patreon!

Comment

When you guys show the final version of the map, could we perhaps get a bigger image? I know you guys will want to sell poster sized pdf versions or something later, but the current one is pretty tiny given the amount of detail. Maybe a bonus wallpaper sized image as a backer only exclusive? If not, can you at least make sure it's big enough to read the location names clearly?

Comment

Working...
                              X