Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make a Wyld hunt Incompetent but not too incompetent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Lioness View Post
    Anything but Tepet Lisara.
    Who is that?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
      Who is that?
      Just a hugely incompetent DB who thinks she's much hotter shit than she actually is.


      "Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

      "Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Zelbinnean View Post
        Just a hugely incompetent DB who thinks she's much hotter shit than she actually is.
        And who got promoted through sex.


        Bits and pieces of Exalted setting.

        Comment


        • #19
          and a female chauvinist who likes to train wreck Promising Male officers Careers.


          Hmmmn. if I was a devious Solar, I'd help her from a safe distance, to make sure the Wyld hunt doesnt get competent people assigned to it.

          But Why "anything but her" ?

          she seem too stupid to you?


          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Zelbinnean View Post
            I dunno how to feel about tailor-built chumps aside from it would just seem too convenient.

            If the whole Hunt is like that, it'll probably be too much, but one or two members might work.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
              and a female chauvinist who likes to train wreck Promising Male officers Careers.
              I like to believe this is a little tongue-in-cheek regarding criticisms about the IRL military/glass ceilings.

              It certainly would be fun to play a Solar or Lunar living in an area that Liara is in, and covertly support her because it makes the whole Hunt in that area less effective.


              "Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

              "Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Zelbinnean View Post
                I like to believe this is a little tongue-in-cheek regarding criticisms about the IRL military/glass ceilings.

                It certainly would be fun to play a Solar or Lunar living in an area that Liara is in, and covertly support her because it makes the whole Hunt in that area less effective.
                Hogan's Heroes in Exalted apparently.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I feel compelled once again to bring up the Kickstarter update we got a while back that talked about the nature of the Wyld Hunt in 3e--in particular, the fact that it's not exclusive to the Realm and can indeed consist of, at the low end, a couple of outcastes and a batch of hired mortal legbreakers who want to lynch that goddamn Anathema cutting into their bottom line; it's plausible for such a gang to not have necessarily made wise backup plans in case they kick on this one Solar and he turns out to have a whole Circle backing him up. Or he's actually a Dawn Caste with an artifact blade he hadn't been using openly up 'til now.


                  "Won't you believe in him? Even if there is no God, or Buddha...there is still Kamen Rider." —Taki Kazuya, Kamen Rider SPIRITS

                  Now...count up all your sins.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I poked my head in to this thread fully expecting a huge, bitchy argument over the strengths/weakness of Dragon-Blooded and their overall value, or other some such nonsense.

                    I am pleasantly surprised, please continue.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I dunno using an incompetent commander like Lisara could be a good way of making them seem like a very deadly threat if only the leader hadn't made so many blunders.

                      You could also have a hunt with a very fearsome reputation but mostly full of sycophantic toadies, for a twist make the group as a whole actually pretty strong but because they're all a bunch of cowards they flee fairly easily. Then having been dishonored and made a laughingstock they come back to reclaim their reputation and are deadly serious.

                      Another thought is to have a group of mostly green or less than devote dynasts being led by a Peleps Deled type fanatic. Leader goes down swinging and the rest most of whom weren't too keen on becoming the Anathema's next trophy make a big deal out of reclaiming the body and swearing vengeance but are mostly just interested in getting the hell out of there.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by CycloneJoker View Post
                        I feel compelled once again to bring up the Kickstarter update we got a while back that talked about the nature of the Wyld Hunt in 3e--in particular, the fact that it's not exclusive to the Realm and can indeed consist of, at the low end, a couple of outcastes and a batch of hired mortal legbreakers who want to lynch that goddamn Anathema cutting into their bottom line; it's plausible for such a gang to not have necessarily made wise backup plans in case they kick on this one Solar and he turns out to have a whole Circle backing him up. Or he's actually a Dawn Caste with an artifact blade he hadn't been using openly up 'til now.

                        I INTENSELY DISLIKE(in most restrained terms)Lookshyan Wyld hunts, as a concept.

                        Am one of the people, know I'm in the minority, who LIKED the solar friendly Lookshy from 2nd edition, we got conflicting data in 1st edition.


                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                          But Why "anything but her" ?
                          Oh lots of reasons, but most importantly Tepet Lisara really brings out the creepy in people- the number of times I've seen some variation of "lets make the Appearance 5 misandrist our sex slave" makes me genuinely uncomfortable.


                          Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                          Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                            Oh lots of reasons, but most importantly Tepet Lisara really brings out the creepy in people- the number of times I've seen some variation of "lets make the Appearance 5 misandrist our sex slave" makes me genuinely uncomfortable.

                            Ok... won't upset you too much if that makes me WANT to use her?😉

                            Curious, any charms that can help in "rehabilitation" of captured wyld huntsmen?
                            I wondered a bit ago, if Arriana puts Peleps Deled under 3 fold binding of the heart, how is he still "Peleps Deled" in any meaningful way
                            Last edited by Prince of the Night; 12-19-2014, 10:42 AM.


                            Comment


                            • #29
                              If Pelleps Delled fell in love with a Solar... I think he'd kill himself.
                              (Okay, actually I think he'd use the DB charm that breaks servitude effects on yourself but is really expensive. Worth it to do that. Then he'd stab Arianna in the heart.)


                              I play...
                              Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
                              Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                                If Pelleps Delled fell in love with a Solar... I think he'd kill himself.
                                Puh, I'm shipping Volfer with Peleps Deled and ain't no suicide gonna stop the incoming smut.


                                The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X