X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• semicasual
    replied
    Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
    Holy mother of god that needs to be a Wyld Hunt leader. A highly decorated Wyld Hunt leader who's entire career is built off of butchering people who couldn't fight back and considers himself to be the savior of Creation.
    "Anathema? A trifle. It was simply a matter of outsmarting them. You see, the possessed have a preset kill limit. Knowing their weakness, I sent wave after wave of my own men at them until they reached their limit and shut down."

(Actually not a bad analogue for getting mote-tapped).

Leave a comment:

• Lioness
    replied
    That's actually how I portray Desus.
    To Ophelim: "What makes a behemoth turn neutral ... Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just formed with a heart full of neutrality?"

Leave a comment:

• DrLoveMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Lioness View Post
    Zapp Brannigan levels of incompetence here.
    Holy mother of god that needs to be a Wyld Hunt leader. A highly decorated Wyld Hunt leader who's entire career is built off of butchering people who couldn't fight back and considers himself to be the savior of Creation.

Leave a comment:

• Morty
    replied
    I think the way to goo is to make them reasonably competent - just not really prepared for the reality of what they're about to face. They've heard about the Anathema, but what they've heard is filtered through the Immaculate doctrine, and not nearly complete, since the Solars have only recently returned. It doesn't really paint a picture complete enough for them to expect just what kind of force a group of Solar Exalted can bring to bear if their lives are at stake. It might be a little different if they're up against Lunars, given that Lunars are more of a known quantity in the Realm. Of course, Lunars sort of defy being a known quantity.

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied
    Personally, I'd redo Liara as somebody who would be a lot better as a socialite, but is under intense pressure due to her family. She doesn't really recognise the fact that she'd rather be doing something else, and her misuse of subordinates is a combination of venting unexamined frustration, lashing out against people she's jealous of for having a better handle on their situations, and desperately hoping that one of them will have a success she can validate herself with.

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied
    Originally posted by Prince of the Night
    won't upset you too much if that makes me WANT to use her?
    The fuck, person?

Leave a comment:

• Zelbinnean
    replied
    The problem is that there's no subtlety to her write-up.
    It's not that she's a bad commander because she's reckless or lacks experience due to being promoted way ahead of her ability, it's that she shouldn't have ever graduated and anyof her elite troops would be a better general than her so we're entering Zapp Brannigan levels of incompetence here.
    Sex seems to be the only thing that she's good for... which might be why she has issues with men but unfortunately she's written like a caricature so that kind of examination of her is impossible.
    Yeah that is very problematic. She'd probably be better in a "Zak failed Basic Flight but I passed him" type of scenario (with her as Zak - BSG reference, btw). Or just "I had such great connections and my instructor was one of daddy's old Brotherhood buddies so he passed me" type of stuff - which is VERY evocative of real-life scenarios. Would explain a few things about her being up jumped without hitting the Brannigan threshold.

Leave a comment:

• Lioness
    replied
    Originally posted by Zelbinnean View Post
    Ugh ugh ugh not enough ughs ugh sadly unsurprised but still very ugh
    The problem is that there's no subtlety to her write-up.
    It's not that she's a bad commander because she's reckless or lacks experience due to being promoted way ahead of her ability, it's that she shouldn't have ever graduated and any of her elite troops would be a better general than her so we're entering Zapp Brannigan levels of incompetence here.
    Sex seems to be the only thing that she's good for... which might be why she has issues with men but unfortunately she's written like a caricature so that kind of examination of her is impossible.
    Last edited by Lioness; 12-20-2014, 01:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    And my question is on "How is someone still themselve" when under such a compulsion.
    Are you "still you" if I put a gun to a loved one's head and force you to cook meth for me?

Are you still you if you get suckered in by the Church of Scientology?

Are you still you when you're ten years older?

Questions of identity rarely have solid, easy answers I'm afraid.

Leave a comment:

• Zelbinnean
    replied
    Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    I INTENSELY DISLIKE(in most restrained terms)Lookshyan Wyld hunts, as a concept.

Am one of the people, know I'm in the minority, who LIKED the solar friendly Lookshy from 2nd edition, we got conflicting data in 1st edition.
    Sure, but at least acknowledge that (1) the Shogunate conducted Wyld Hunts; (2) Lookshy was a part of the Shogunate and considers itself the Shogunate's legitimate successor state; (3) the religion of Lookshy, dating to the Shogunate, contained all of the "we hate Anathema" stuff that persists relatively unchanged in the Realm's offshoot religion.

So to me there is not a real reason for Lookshy to have a radically different Anathema policy from the Shogunate. They're still DBs, they still buy into the Great Uprising story, etc.

Now sure there may be a Lookshyan political faction that sees the state of its country, hears about the rapid increase in Anathema sightings recently and thinks "we're not in a position to do this, let's try to normalize relations with some of them," but that faction is likely to be both a huge minority and seen as heretical.

Oh lots of reasons, but most importantly Tepet Lisara really brings out the creepy in people- the number of times I've seen some variation of "lets make the Appearance 5 misandrist our sex slave" makes me genuinely uncomfortable.
    Ugh ugh ugh not enough ughs ugh sadly unsurprised but still very ugh

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    If Pelleps Delled fell in love with a Solar... I think he'd kill himself.
    (Okay, actually I think he'd use the DB charm that breaks servitude effects on yourself but is really expensive. Worth it to do that. Then he'd stab Arianna in the heart.)
    he needs to buy 4 prequisite charms to be able to do so, and if Arriana has as much extra XP as him, in that scenariao she may have a higher essence then him, so hes screwed.

And my question is on "How is someone still themselve" when under such a compulsion.

Leave a comment:

• Hand-of-Omega
    replied
    Originally posted by Jen View Post

Puh, I'm shipping Volfer with Peleps Deled and ain't no suicide gonna stop the incoming smut.

Ship Deled with an Abyssal, and now you're talking!

Leave a comment:

• Jen
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    Puh, I'm shipping Volfer with Peleps Deled and ain't no suicide gonna stop the incoming smut.

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    (Okay, actually I think he'd use the DB charm that breaks servitude effects on yourself but is really expensive. Worth it to do that. Then he'd stab Arianna in the heart.)

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Oh lots of reasons, but most importantly Tepet Lisara really brings out the creepy in people- the number of times I've seen some variation of "lets make the Appearance 5 misandrist our sex slave" makes me genuinely uncomfortable.

Ok... won't upset you too much if that makes me WANT to use her?😉

Curious, any charms that can help in "rehabilitation" of captured wyld huntsmen?
    I wondered a bit ago, if Arriana puts Peleps Deled under 3 fold binding of the heart, how is he still "Peleps Deled" in any meaningful way
    Last edited by Prince of the Night; 12-19-2014, 10:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X