• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lioness
    replied
    Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    But Why "anything but her" ?
    Oh lots of reasons, but most importantly Tepet Lisara really brings out the creepy in people- the number of times I've seen some variation of "lets make the Appearance 5 misandrist our sex slave" makes me genuinely uncomfortable.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Originally posted by CycloneJoker View Post
    I feel compelled once again to bring up the Kickstarter update we got a while back that talked about the nature of the Wyld Hunt in 3e--in particular, the fact that it's not exclusive to the Realm and can indeed consist of, at the low end, a couple of outcastes and a batch of hired mortal legbreakers who want to lynch that goddamn Anathema cutting into their bottom line; it's plausible for such a gang to not have necessarily made wise backup plans in case they kick on this one Solar and he turns out to have a whole Circle backing him up. Or he's actually a Dawn Caste with an artifact blade he hadn't been using openly up 'til now.

I INTENSELY DISLIKE(in most restrained terms)Lookshyan Wyld hunts, as a concept.

Am one of the people, know I'm in the minority, who LIKED the solar friendly Lookshy from 2nd edition, we got conflicting data in 1st edition.

Leave a comment:

• Dominostro
    replied
    I dunno using an incompetent commander like Lisara could be a good way of making them seem like a very deadly threat if only the leader hadn't made so many blunders.

You could also have a hunt with a very fearsome reputation but mostly full of sycophantic toadies, for a twist make the group as a whole actually pretty strong but because they're all a bunch of cowards they flee fairly easily. Then having been dishonored and made a laughingstock they come back to reclaim their reputation and are deadly serious.

Another thought is to have a group of mostly green or less than devote dynasts being led by a Peleps Deled type fanatic. Leader goes down swinging and the rest most of whom weren't too keen on becoming the Anathema's next trophy make a big deal out of reclaiming the body and swearing vengeance but are mostly just interested in getting the hell out of there.

Leave a comment:

• JayTee
    replied
    I poked my head in to this thread fully expecting a huge, bitchy argument over the strengths/weakness of Dragon-Blooded and their overall value, or other some such nonsense.

I am pleasantly surprised, please continue.

Leave a comment:

• CycloneJoker
    replied
    I feel compelled once again to bring up the Kickstarter update we got a while back that talked about the nature of the Wyld Hunt in 3e--in particular, the fact that it's not exclusive to the Realm and can indeed consist of, at the low end, a couple of outcastes and a batch of hired mortal legbreakers who want to lynch that goddamn Anathema cutting into their bottom line; it's plausible for such a gang to not have necessarily made wise backup plans in case they kick on this one Solar and he turns out to have a whole Circle backing him up. Or he's actually a Dawn Caste with an artifact blade he hadn't been using openly up 'til now.

Leave a comment:

• nalak42
    replied
    Originally posted by Zelbinnean View Post
    I like to believe this is a little tongue-in-cheek regarding criticisms about the IRL military/glass ceilings.

It certainly would be fun to play a Solar or Lunar living in an area that Liara is in, and covertly support her because it makes the whole Hunt in that area less effective.
    Hogan's Heroes in Exalted apparently.

Leave a comment:

• Zelbinnean
    replied
    and a female chauvinist who likes to train wreck Promising Male officers Careers.
    I like to believe this is a little tongue-in-cheek regarding criticisms about the IRL military/glass ceilings.

It certainly would be fun to play a Solar or Lunar living in an area that Liara is in, and covertly support her because it makes the whole Hunt in that area less effective.

Leave a comment:

• Oriares
    replied
    I dunno how to feel about tailor-built chumps aside from it would just seem too convenient.

If the whole Hunt is like that, it'll probably be too much, but one or two members might work.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    and a female chauvinist who likes to train wreck Promising Male officers Careers.

Hmmmn. if I was a devious Solar, I'd help her from a safe distance, to make sure the Wyld hunt doesnt get competent people assigned to it.

But Why "anything but her" ?

she seem too stupid to you?

Leave a comment:

• Omicron
    replied
    Just a hugely incompetent DB who thinks she's much hotter shit than she actually is.
    And who got promoted through sex.

Leave a comment:

• Zelbinnean
    replied
    Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
    Who is that?
    Just a hugely incompetent DB who thinks she's much hotter shit than she actually is.

Leave a comment:

• nalak42
    replied
    Originally posted by Lioness View Post
    Anything but Tepet Lisara.
    Who is that?

Leave a comment:

• Aquillion
    replied
    Ive been curious for a while, any idea how to make a wyld hunt that reasonably easy to defeat, in ways that make their mistake shout "Unworldly monks" "Disgraced Scion, trying to cleanse his name" "Ambitious young officer, desperate for glory"

theirs a thin line between that, and "What the hell is he thinking?"
    Well, there's Wyld Hunts and Wyld Hunts.

Some Wyld Hunts probably consist of a few DBs scraped together to deal with the PCs now. Exactly why they did this on a shoestring budget should come down to how you want to portray them:

* They might be overconfident, convinced that tales of Anathema are overblown. When you're an Exalted god-king used to being surrounded by mortals, it's easy to overestimate your abilities vs. other Exalted.

* They might have misjudged the threat for other reasons (thinking the PCs were just one Solar rather than a circle, say.)

* They might be overly-ambitious, not wanting to share the glory of this victory with anyone else (especially if they also underestimate the PCs in one way or another.)

* They might think that they have to deal with the PCs right now and only have a few options available.

* They might be DBs who simply don't have the option of calling in support -- inexperienced outcastes or black sheep who wouldn't even know where to start, trying to scrape together whatever they can to confront PCs anyway. Although I assume tales about Anathema are taken seriously regardless, with Anathema popping up all over the place a disgraced scion is going to find it harder to call in support than, say, a Dynast with lots of powerful connections.
    Last edited by Aquillion; 11-18-2015, 06:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    With the Wyld Hunt, I used to do it so that the Wyld Hunt knew there'd be one or two Solars... but not that there were 6. Because that's not something they expect. So they'd turn up to kill whichever player had hidden his Solar nature worst, and just order their mortal guards to attack "the Solar's minions". This of course would go horribly wrong when it turned out the minions were all Solars too.
    Honestly though, I don't think it was that good. It just made them look like a weak Wyld Hunt.

Leave a comment:

• Lioness
    replied
    Anything but Tepet Lisara.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X