No announcement yet.

Things One is Not Allowed to do in Exalted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 434: There is no god of "that itch you just can't reach" and you cannot sway it to curse all your foes

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

• 434a: Don't get me started on how Lunars can theoretically reach any itch.

Comment

• 434b: or GSPs with the appropriate mutation charms. No, you do NOT get to do that. I don't care how many favors you have with Kimbery or her component souls

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

• 435: You can't use Ephemeral Induction to create a mostly harmless trickster fae and then complain that the ST makes it do mischief every time a player taking care of it forgets he had the fae.

Comment

• 356: Sure, as an alchemical you can build yourself into a living eletrified canon-ball... but that doesn't mean you should

Comment

• 437: Just because you've managed to collect some of every magical material doesn't mean it is a good idea to try to create an alloy out of all them. Especially if you have no idea how to separate the materials after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayWalker View Post
                437: Just because you've managed to collect some of every magical material doesn't mean it is a good idea to try to create an alloy out of all them. Especially if you have no idea how to separate the materials after that.
                I don't see how that would not be a very cool experiment. It may not result in anything useful, but that's just part of being an experiment.

I thank the Devs for the great game of Exalted!

Comment

• Originally posted by BjornTheFellhanded View Post

I don't see how that would not be a very cool experiment. It may not result in anything useful, but that's just part of being an experiment.
                  I admit while it could be a cool experiment, we haven't seen any indication that such a thing would work or whether the result would be remotely useful. So I figured wasting the group's resources (I think it would be rather difficult to get a sample of all of them) with no idea of what you're going to actually do with those resources could be seen as a foolish pursuit that shouldn't be done lightly.
                  Though I do admit I'd still probably do it anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrayWalker View Post

I admit while it could be a cool experiment, we haven't seen any indication that such a thing would work or whether the result would be remotely useful. So I figured wasting the group's resources (I think it would be rather difficult to get a sample of all of them) with no idea of what you're going to actually do with those resources could be seen as a foolish pursuit that shouldn't be done lightly.
                    Though I do admit I'd still probably do it anyways.
                    It might not work, that's up to the ST. But it would be interesting either way.

But yes, if the materials belong to a party that isn't fully aboard with it, that's a no-no.

Comment

• 438: You can't make a master plan, ocean's eleven style, to murder a master spy that's been a thorn on your side for years just so you can ship the dawn and the twilight of your circle.

Comment

• 439) There is no such thing as Pink Jade and even if there was, it would not resonate with Cotton-Candy Aspect Terrestrials.

440) You will cure an Apostate Alchemical by buying him dinner and asking nicely.

Shameless Technocratic shill.

Comment

• 441) Cannot build a giant drill to pierce the vault of the sky and, even if you did, it wouldn't get you into Yu Shan.

441a) Cannot use a giant drill to burrow out of Malfeas either.

441b) No giant drills!

442) Cannot ignore the NPC offering a way out of Malfeas just because my idea is "more awesome" (see 441a).

443) Cannot create pink jade by combining red and white jade.

443a) Even if you did, the combination of earth and fire would not make pink jade the "ultimate combat jade".

444) Having all the female characters go on a shopping trip is okay, if somewhat stereotypical, but role-playing said trip in detail is not.

444a) Expecting the Storyteller to devote a session to running the aforementioned shopping trip is right out.

445) Not allowed to create temporal paradoxes.

446) Just because the exalt using it has been shapeshifted into an animal my character eats, that doesn't mean that his social charms make me want to eat him more.

Comment

• 441c) If you must have a giant drill, the rest of your gaming group will forever haunt you with ridicule over that time when the giant golden phallus was screwing its way through the desert, deeply penetrating their defences. (In my head technodrome + sandworm sounded awesome for an evil twilight's base. My players have yet to stop laughing.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Not a Platypus View Post
                              444) Having all the female characters go on a shopping trip is okay, if somewhat stereotypical, but role-playing said trip in detail is not.

444a) Expecting the Storyteller to devote a session to running the aforementioned shopping trip is right out.
                              Psh, at my table we'd call that "The GM had a 4am shift and we're doing a character session"

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

Psh, at my table we'd call that "The GM had a 4am shift and we're doing a character session"

Yes. We spent so many sessions in random teashops and "We will get the Unicorn a girlfriend!" in my Legend of the Five Rings campaign...

And that was suppossed to be a gritty noir chronicle!

Comment

Working...
                                X