X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxAstro
    started a topic Things One is Not Allowed to do in Exalted

Things One is Not Allowed to do in Exalted

Inspired by an old thread and a new game.

1) Not allowed to use Resplendant Destinies to convince the other players that I'm "helping the GM run a few different NPCs".
    2) Not allowed to use travel through Yu-Shan to arrive at each major location well before the rest of the party, thereby supporting the above claim.
    3) Not allowed to have a secret society whose membership consists solely of my own Respendant Destinies.
    4) Especially not if said secret society supposedly teaches a rare Celestial Martial Art, thereby explaining why all the "NPCs" I am playing seem to have the same fighting style.
    5) When the party discovers that I have been manipulating them to my own ends the entire campaign and am more or less responsible for all the trouble they keep getting into, I am to understand that I am on my own as far as an escape plan goes.

• Nicolas Milioni
    replied
    Originally posted by Lupislacertus View Post
    Just happened in my game

One does not "Pretty Please" the NeverBorn.
    oh my! can you tell me the context?

Leave a comment:

• Lupislacertus
    replied
    Just happened in my game

One does not "Pretty Please" the NeverBorn.

Leave a comment:

• Nemo_Oceansoul
    replied
    223: While using Generalized Ammunition Technique as justification to carry a quiver full of sex toys may not be prohibited...it is going to earn you an odd reputation.

224: Abusing the 'love' option of Many Missiles Bow Technique will get it taken away...again.
    224a: Seriously, we've had quite enough wars devolving into orgies.
    224b: And stop calling yourself Cupid!
    224c: i am equally no longer allowed to have pregnancy as an option.
    224c.2 especially if i only use it against guys.
    224c.3 especially if my character, or a resplendent destiny i have can be described as being the celtic goddess macha
    224c.4 laying down a destiny that makes a countries warriors suffer from the pain of giving birth when they enter into combat, while fun and thematic, will be vetoed and result in an audit.
    224c.4.2 causing actual births is right out.
    224d: nor am i allowed to use it to kill deathlords via resonance.
    224e:im no longer allowed to cause pregnancy using magic.

Leave a comment:

• webkilla
    replied
    489: It doesn't matter if your character's motivation does infer ethnic cleansing and racial purity, reading Hitler's speeches for your grand social stunts is just a bit too tacky, so don't

Leave a comment:

• webkilla
    replied
    484: Your alchemical character might have the artifact lets it recycle any organic matter into food pellets, but that does NOT mean that you get to stuff every pet you come across into even if you think they're useless
    484a: The same apples to human corpses - some cultures actually like to bury their dead

Leave a comment:

• Lion Hamster
    replied
    Originally posted by wern212 View Post
    483a: ... especially if the speaker only has Appearance 2.

What?
    You have players who are just a two?

Leave a comment:

• wern212
    replied
    Inspired by today's session:

479: No longer allowed to blame the Dawn Caste's pet Elephant for literally everything.
    480: Not allowed to put Neomah in Butler outfits and teach them MA charms to protect me.
    480a: Maid outfits are allowed, though.
    481: While it isn't forbidden to ask the Solar who just got a hearthstone that allows him to summon lightning bolts to light the Immaculate Temple on fire, it is considered ill-advised.
    482: When a centuries-old Raska Noble travels for hundreds of miles to deliver me an item given to her by my previous incarnation, begging her for "more gifts" is asking for trouble.
    483: While it's true that appearance measures a character's physical attractiveness, calling a Circle member "Just a four". isn't particularly flattering.
    483a: ... especially if the speaker only has Appearance 2.

Leave a comment:

• webkilla
    replied
    478: While replicating your favorite video game or anime character in Exalted can be fun, then you're not allowed to stall the game simply because the next episode of manga hasn't come out yet so you don't know how the character should react in-game.

Leave a comment:

• Sith_Happens
    replied
    457f. My rivals will respond to my army of living warstriders by inventing ODM gear.

Leave a comment:

• PlotVitalNPC
    replied
    Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

Link to reddit post?

This seems cool. Never noticed that about the genesis rules.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/exalted/com...large/dxsti8f/

There are three fascinating things about craft genesis as defined in Wonders of the Lost Age:
    One: No purely craft genesis artifact ever has maintenance or a repair rating unless you specifically add a need for some exotic food to stay healthy. This is a basis on which some (such as Jukashi, back when he did homebrew) have ruled that most craft:Magitech artifacts are a rank higher as craft genesis.
    Two: Any craft genesis entity can be made capable of reproduction by raising it by one dot in rating.
    Three: Making N/A Genesis projects simply consists of preparing an ST-determined amount of artifact 5 genesis crafted organs, then performing another 5 dot genesis artifact crafting project to combine them.

Leave a comment:

• Accelerator
    replied
    Originally posted by PlotVitalNPC View Post
    457a (Inspired by a post from the Exalted subreddit): I'm not allowed to use the broken craft genesis rules to create a set of 24 artifact 5 organs which, when assembled, create a pair of artifact N/A royal warstriders with no maintenance and the capacity to sexually reproduce.
    Link to reddit post?

This seems cool. Never noticed that about the genesis rules.

Leave a comment:

• PlotVitalNPC
    replied
    457a (Inspired by a post from the Exalted subreddit): I'm not allowed to use the broken craft genesis rules to create a set of 24 artifact 5 organs which, when assembled, create a pair of artifact N/A royal warstriders with no maintenance and the capacity to sexually reproduce.
    457b: It does not suddenly become acceptable to make such warstriders if they're just artifact 5 versions of common warstriders, either.
    457c: No, if someone makes sexually reproducing scout warstriders, that doesn't make it OK for them to be my spirit shape, OR for me to take their heart's blood.
    457d: No, I don't get to make 'strider-beastmen by having sex with them, either. There are no Striderkin here.
    457e: Any reference to 'fuckstriders' will result in an immediate 'rocks fall everyone dies' situation. This has gone on too long, apparently.

Leave a comment:

• webkilla
    replied
    456: There might be gods of soap and stain-removal, but you're not allowed to use mind-control charms to turn them into your personal laundry staff

Leave a comment:

• Synapse
    replied
    455: You will not Ephemeral Induct a god to scratch your back.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X