Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Powers/charms of Fair Folks in Creation (2.5). Need help to wrap my head around it.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powers/charms of Fair Folks in Creation (2.5). Need help to wrap my head around it.

When it comes to most of the things, I'm at least under the illusion of having a grasp of how it is meant to work. But when it comes to the powers and limitations of Fair Folks, while being inside Creation, I feel I just don't get it.

I mean, I have some of the main points. Need to take a shape (or be quick in finding a demense or a large population to suck chaos from), graces to imitate virtues. Can "eat" scraps/crumbs of strong emotions, so don't have to do permanent damage. Can shape temporary items. This is enough to have a few archetypal Raksha. But that would be ... too static to me.

So, anything would be welcome (well, "wait for 3e" would not be helpful...). Ideas, suggestions, clarifications, reading tips (I have both 1e and 2e PDF bundles from DriveThru).

...man, Raksha be crazy, and highly diverse. They're perhaps the most thematically diverse splat out there, except maybe for Solars. I have yet to see a character concept that could not be portrayed as a Raksha.

Suggestion: the Raksha are one of the few types of characters who can start the game riding dragons. Therefore? Get yourself a pet dragon.

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

The absence of a monument can, in its own way, be something of a monument also.
    -Roger Zelazny

Comment

They might even be more thematically diverse than solars. That's kind of Their Thing.

Comment

I mean, I have made and played a four-armed Raksha who surrounded himself in solar imagery and played the role of an idealistic and virtuous hero of the people...because he had the hots for the Sun, and it was apparent the Sun liked that sorta person. So a number of Solar themes can fit inside the Raksha playspace, certainly...

So I'm making God-Kicking Boot, an Exalted webcomic, now. Updates on Sundays. Full-color, mediocre but slowly improving art. It's a thing.

The absence of a monument can, in its own way, be something of a monument also.
        -Roger Zelazny

Comment

Did he use a fire assumption or did you let "solar" count as an element in that case?

Comment

Yes, I understand Rakshas can be about anything, and behave in about any way because it happens to interest them at the moment (which might mean a couple of hundred years). But how do the game mechanics actually support it? While I have never had a problem of ignoring RAW, I still want to have a grasp of the mechanics I'm ignoring. To my understanding, there was quite a mismatch between the fluff and the mechanincs in Wicked Masks, but that 2.5 remade the mechanics to be more in line with the fluff.

So, to spin of the examples so far. How do we make a dragon riding Raksha or a Solar imitating one, from a mechanic perspective?

The dragon could probably be at least one of: an actual dragon, a behemoth, another Raksha taking the form of a dragon.

Comment

If you're planning to ride the thing I'd go behemoth. Probably about 3 dots. Then your raksha might want to take some sort of reptilian assumption to stay in-theme.

Maybe lizard/fire. Of course extra assumptions cost a bit more as far as committed essence goes but if you're going to stick to Creation maybe making one of them permanent wouldn't be such a bad idea.
              Last edited by Elfive; 01-23-2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I think one of the best introductions to what the raksha can do and how to pull it off is a primer on Grace Magic. Fortunately, meschlum did an excellent one I salvaged from the old forum. There are more wrinkles to raksha customization beyond Grace Magic (fantasies, etc.), but they make up some of the more potent and interesting options. Give it a look!

The EX3 What We Know Wiki, courtesy of Marin and JMobius
                Nishkriya, the EX3 Freelancer Quotes Tracker, courtesy of Anathema and Moonwolf
                The White Wolf Forum Archive, courtesy of The Dark Wizard and Sanctaphrax (see its Patreon)
                Arrghus: There's also the Shepherd of the North Star, busily guiding the one thing in all the heavens that doesn't move.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                  Did he use a fire assumption or did you let "solar" count as an element in that case?

Assumption of Dreams and Passion (Pride) FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaius View Post
                    Fortunately, meschlum did an excellent one I salvaged from the old forum.
                    Great one. I will probably have to read through that thread a few times.

Thanks for pointing it out, and for rescuing it

Comment

Working...
                    X