3E Campaign Ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3E Campaign Ideas

We've all been waiting a year, or three, for 3E to come out. What sort of campaign ideas have you been developing over that period in anticipation? What areas or roles are you most excited about exploring? How many are waiting for the core book to come out before developing 3E campaigns due to unknown changes in the setting?

Easy, I'm going to revive my 2e campaign.

Comment

Honestly, if I can get the book before our next Ex2 campaign drops, I'm just gonna offer to run it for my friends and maybe some folks over at Tower Games.

That might fuck with our Digimon homebrew campaign, but fuck it, I can juggle that shit.

Duly Elected Guild Hierarch of the Onyx Path Forums

http://northernfoxgames.com/

Comment

I really want to run a Slums of Yu-Shan campaign. I figured by the time the Sidereal book is out, I'll be finished running my pathfinder Kingmaker game.

I write things.

Comment

I'm gonna have alot of new players who've never played Exalted before so I'm planning to run a few sessions with them as mortal characters and then get them into a situation where they can do something that will result in them Exalting as a circle. A little unlikely but a contrivance to allow the new players to learn about the world slowly.

Comment

You know, in the years since I funded the Kickstarter, you'd think I'd have come up with some campaign ideas.

Newp. Too lazy.

I'll read the book and pick-up anything that grabs me.

Come and rock me Amadeus.

Comment

I want to explore Wu Jian and the Dreaming Sea. Though obviously a game involving both might be hard!

"Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

"Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

Comment

DUNE!!!!!

Obviously the desserts of the South are home to immense worms who collect and refine red jade in their armoured bodies, while the Sultan of the scorched kingdom Arrakar finds himself in constant struggle for control as the Realm, Lookshy, and the Guild vie for the resources of his lands...

Comment

I may run a quick game for one of my groups, just to try things out. We've never played Exalted of any edition together, though most have a passing familiarity with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Seconis View Post
                    We've all been waiting a year, or three, for 3E to come out. What sort of campaign ideas have you been developing over that period in anticipation? What areas or roles are you most excited about exploring? How many are waiting for the core book to come out before developing 3E campaigns due to unknown changes in the setting?
                    I'll be running for newbies and rediscovering running the game after a long time (I have co-written some freeform games, but nothing using the system) So it'll be a "back to basics" game, designed to show off the setting and dripfeed information to the players, and get them comfortable with being a Big Deal. It'll start off with the PC's drawn by dreams to a semi-ruined hidden manse that they owned in a previous life, and reclaiming it from the invaders seeking to loot its secrets. Then they find out it's on the border of an understaffed Realm satrapy with brutal crackdowns going on on a nascent rebellion, and three gods who are plotting to clear all their rivals and claim the land for themselves. Things kind of proceed from there.

I'd probably set it in the North, because I've been reading up on Siberian history & mythology lately, but I expect many other locations may be vying for my attention--if I can't decide, I'll write a summary of each and let the players choose.

Comment

I would like to get involved in a campaign dealing with the Dreaming Sea. That place seems awesome.

Raksi plays Peek-a-boo for keeps. ~ nalak42

Comment

Originally posted by Zelbinnean View Post
                        I want to explore Wu Jian and the Dreaming Sea. Though obviously a game involving both might be hard!
                        Obviously the circle finds a pair of doors that leads from one to the other and vice versa.

Comment

Here's the plan: When 3e comes out and I have a solid timeslot, I will tell people to show up in that timeslot having read some parts of the book and given thought to what sort of game they'd like to be in. Then we'll just spend that "session" just hammering out a party and a focus for the game, and I will use that to bullshit something up in a hurry for the following weekend.

Comment

If anyone has read the second Malazan Book of the Fallen, they'll know what I mean if I say I want to run Coltaine's march as a campaign

Comment

Originally posted by Gayo View Post
                              Here's the plan: When 3e comes out and I have a solid timeslot, I will tell people to show up in that timeslot having read some parts of the book and given thought to what sort of game they'd like to be in. Then we'll just spend that "session" just hammering out a party and a focus for the game, and I will use that to bullshit something up in a hurry for the following weekend.

This is actually more or less my plan. I really, really hope I can get my usual group into exalted. We ran a somewhat lackluster alchemical oneshot, which really underscored to me the flaws of the system and to the players the investment they needed in the setting to make the alchemicals work.

Pronounced "Monkey Pie"

Find my actual play content here!

Comment

Working...
                              X