No announcement yet.

3E Campaign Ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever since I read the Hierarch election section of Masters of Jade, I've wanted to run a game where the players are all newly Exalted, called to Nexus by anonymous Infallible Messengers, and thrust into the security for a Hierarch-elect's return caravan. It seemed like an easy enough way to have adventure of the weeks (Bandit attacks! Village emergencies! Solar tomb detours!) while also layering in some Guild intrigue.

The new Hierarch was either going to be three Lunars in a trenchcoat, or a mortal bluffing that she was three Lunars in a trenchcoat, I keep flip flopping.

Comment

This is something that would probably only work a long way through a campaign, but... ah, heck with it, it could help someone's campaign: A Liminal composed of people your party previously killed or allowed to die (preferably, solely of Exalted, but who knows if that's possible?) appears and attacks them with the intent of avenging those it was made from. For best results, make it heavily resemble someone your party members actually liked. (in my head, she's mainly composed a Fire Aspect that the Night Caste had a rivalry/crush thing going with).

The Creator is a sorceror the party met previously and thought they had killed.

My wordpress
      Let's Play Warcraft 3 (Updates Thursdays)

Comment

"Golrious Golden Turds! The book is almost here! I must prepare!"
        - me, for the last 3 years.

Mostly, I've been focusing on my "I just wannaaaa plaaaayhaayhayhaaay *sobs*" campaign.

Bearer of the legacy of Trauma Bear
        Need a dice-roller? Check out Dicemat.

Comment

Originally posted by Side Item View Post
          The new Hierarch was either going to be three Lunars in a trenchcoat, or a mortal bluffing that she was three Lunars in a trenchcoat, I keep flip flopping.
          "Guild Hierarch, how are things at the old nine to five?"

"I went to the slave market today, I did a business"

Comment

I was shown this today: http://i.imgur.com/gz4q16o.png

...and now have the perverse urge to do an Exalted game based on it. Shane would probably be a really old, bored Changing Moon.

Comment

The seafaring game I intend to translate into Ex3 is a three-car pileup of the Twelve Labors of Heracles, Glen Cook's Shadows Linger, and the Pirates of the Caribbean.

Comment

I'm mostly holding off on making up campaign ideas till the books are out. I prefer to have as much of the new setting material as possible, since what I do is go "it'd be cool to go there" and then think of stuff to do when there

That being said, a campaign loosely based on an anime like Cross Ange would be cool

Comment

I have been working on my game. They will start out as mortals who will be working on freeing the god of Magical Materials from his imprisonment. They will travel the world gathering objects that he god imbued a portion of himself into. When the items are all gathered together, he will be free and able to come back to Creation. During that period, a horrible enemy who has been hounding them throughout all of it will appear with his buddies in tow. Biff! Bam! Pow! They Exalt as a circle of Solars to stop this horrid army.
                  Meanwhile the god they freed will tell them that the power he used to get himself free has been emulated by the Yozis. The Circle will now have to stop the various demons from gathering items important to TED, Malfeas and so forth and so on lest the Yozi walk Creation once more. I may throw in the Neverborn also heard about this and are using their Abyssals to seed Creation with items from the Neverborn's tombs to also try this. They will have to not only stop this from happening but also safeguard a Fae (who is helping to build a huge Sorcerous Working [Thank you Wyld Stunting] to disrupt rituals like this from ever happening again).

Comment

I'd love to post something interesting in this thread. Alas, I always tailor my game to my players and their character, and right now I have neither players nor characters, so I mostly only have a collection of cool scenes I'd like to put into a campaign.

Although, there was a House of Bells Students game I had planned for, in which a DB student - a Wish-Genie Akuma Sorcerer who was too impatient to learn sorcery the "right" way - was strutting around collecting favors and biding his time to fulfill his urge of taking over and ruling the House of Bells. Later, a second-circle demon was going to break through and take over the library, acting in tandem with the Akuma, in a final showdown of "Assault on the Demon-Sorcerer's Flaming Brass Tower"

Simultaneously, the monument to the school's founders at the center of the entrance hall - in reality a Reliquary - was also biding its time and insinuating itself into the dreams of the PCs to collect prayers and motes. If the PCs are clever enough, they can oath-bind it into helping them and reawaken it using thaumaturgy and sorcery, gaining a powerful ally in the process.

During that time, Orange-Is-The-New-Black type shenanigans abound, as the horrible living conditions ("here, you maggots are going to live the battlefield") of the school push the PCs to smuggle in sugar, spice and everything nice, creating an underground market that everyone wants in on. This creates competition that the Akuma gets ensnared in, seeing a potential gold-mine of wish-favors.

Alas that game fell through as everybody started hating eachother for OOC reasons.
                    Last edited by Fata-Ku; 02-10-2015, 10:13 AM.

Bearer of the legacy of Trauma Bear
                    Need a dice-roller? Check out Dicemat.

Comment

I eventually want to run a spin on the insert self scenario. I want to take a region of the real world or even several regions in the real world and have them sink/rise into creation. as long as the infrastructure was still intact I would let things like electricity, gas powered vehicles, and any other modern tech still work.

Comment

I'm making plans for a campaign, the biggest issue to me is figuring out how to get the PCs together without it being super cliche. I figure i will encourage players to have known at least 1 other character prior to the game starting, which would provide a nice little web of relationships.

Originally posted by Solar View Post
                        If anyone has read the second Malazan Book of the Fallen, they'll know what I mean if I say I want to run Coltaine's march as a campaign
                        I did some of that in 2e.

It would work really well as long as your opposition can really ramp it up. Coltaine had some great magic support, but Sha'ik's army had the whole goddamn subcontinent backing it, with the added bonus that throwing off the hated Malayan yoke made a lot of people willing to sign up and extract payment in blood.

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                        The seafaring game I intend to translate into Ex3 is a three-car pileup of the Twelve Labors of Heracles, Glen Cook's Shadows Linger, and the Pirates of the Caribbean.
                        Mmm, nice. Shadows Linger is probably my favorite book of the original Black Company trilogy.

"Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

"Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

Comment

A mortals or god blooded game with a party that formed out of an alliance of convenience to get some black market exaltations and/or exegencies. The party would all have their own reasons to want one and they'd reach different political spheres from heaven to hell while traveling around creation.

Comment

At the coaxing of a friend, I've started putting together the basic outline for a game to DM when 3e comes out in July of 3019.

Here's the basic premise: The Tri-Khan has been assassinated, and the Guild and Realm attempt to use the chaos to stake their own claims on the city. The khans are manuvering to put a successor into place quickly so that their forces are united, the Dragon-blooded are trying to give themselves a stronger presence, and the guild has sent an army to restore order.

The issues as they stand: the Guild army has made a deal with a war god (other than Ahlat) and so are basically forced to conquer the city themselves so long as their current general serves the Guild. The Realm forces only have 2 actual dragon-blooded who are arguing with each other over whether or not they should attack. One thinks they should wait for reinforcements from the realm to make the war a sure thing, while the other thinks they need to attack now 'while the iron is hot', for lack of a better phrase. The khans/nobles (WHATEVER! you get what I mean =( ) SHOULD have a clear line of succession after the Tri-Khan, but for some reason haven't made any announcements. The seedy underworld of the city has grown strangely quiet lately (at least, the bits of it that are organized) and no one's hiring.

The specific details beyond that are something I'm going to keep to myself because at least one of the people I'm planning to invite frequents this forum (Hi Count!) but the general idea is that each of the members of the party is gonna have something to do in this scenario, whatever kind of character they've built. A combat-oriented character can go punch the general and/or war god in the face until they listen, a social character could put him/herself into the nobility to hasten a succession, a stealthy one could kill off the dragon blooded and the general to give the nobles their power, or anything else they could come up with.

Also, when they've conquered Chiaroscuro they can then go to the Perfect and kick his face in.

I would very much like someone to go kick that guy's face in...

My wordpress
                            Let's Play Warcraft 3 (Updates Thursdays)

Comment

Originally posted by Zelbinnean View Post
                              It would work really well as long as your opposition can really ramp it up. Coltaine had some great magic support, but Sha'ik's army had the whole goddamn subcontinent backing it, with the added bonus that throwing off the hated Malayan yoke made a lot of people willing to sign up and extract payment in blood.
                              Kind of thinking maybe a southern religious war kicking off as a new cult arises which is actually backed from behind the scenes by a Deathlord and their Abyssals, starting the campaign as the holy horde lays siege to a doomed city filled with refugees, fleeing soldiers etc, and then having them all escape across the sands, travelling to the north/east towards more verdant lands to resettle, a vast disparate group of all parts of society with the PCs as part of it, guiding, helping and so on, contesting with problems of travelling through the territories of other tribes and their Gods, natural obstacles, First Age ruins, disease, starvation etc, all the while being chased down by the horde and it's masters who are unleashing terrifying necromantic horrors upon them in the dead of the desert night...

Comment

I want to run a 3rd edition abyssal campaign taking place entirely in the underworlds east. The heroes would be in the employ of the Walker in Darkness who would be played as a hyper-motivated bombastic conquorer who wants to rule all of the east. It will be about huge wars inspired by the Dynasty Warriors game and the Kingdom anime where champions tear through mobs of troops and then face off against each other in mortal kombat!
                                I would feature nations and realms based on cultures of Creations past and... such. Problem is it will take YEARS before the 3rd edition abyssal manual gets released.

Comment

Working...
                                X