X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seconis
    started a topic 3E Campaign Ideas

3E Campaign Ideas

We've all been waiting a year, or three, for 3E to come out. What sort of campaign ideas have you been developing over that period in anticipation? What areas or roles are you most excited about exploring? How many are waiting for the core book to come out before developing 3E campaigns due to unknown changes in the setting?

• DrDog
    replied
    I want to run a Sand and stone game, set in and around Gem. The players are going to have close ties to the city, and have one simple objective: don't let anyone blow up gem. Needless to say, i do not want for villains who oppose them in this goal.
    At the same time i plan to make fun with mapping as a theme. The players will be given a mostly blank map, and i will start detailing points on it as the game progresses, eventually creating the design that they can then use to chart where the final dungeon/boss something is.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    I'm gonna try and push someone to run an An-Teng game when Ex3 comes out, so I can play my sorcerous con-artist, but I'm also gonna have to convince the other players to have their characters at least be amenable to exploiting a bunch of people for free stuff.

Jeez, that's gonna be difficult.

Leave a comment:

• horngeek
    replied
    Well, I've got one idea involving an ammnesiac Her Redness… :P

Leave a comment:

• Kyman201
    replied
    Originally posted by Zelbinnean View Post

This is a great idea. I might just steal it!

I wouldn't discourage non-combat characters for such a game because there are going to be galas and hobnobbing and political stuff and other shit even if they're not actually competing, or if they got knocked out early.
    Yep. I did have some small ideas going on for various things.

Like Ahlat has his own VIP box, and one of the PCs may get an invitation to become one of his Brides.

The Immaculates have a long-standing wager with Kiran Su, made in the mid 300s by the Realm Calender. If an Immaculate Monk can make it to the finals in any bracket, then they, as a winner, has the right to challenge Kiran Su to a one-on-one fight. If any of them beat Kiran Su in a fair fight, he'll stop this big, flashy, fancy, prayer-generating tournament and just accept his Feast Day Prayers like a good Immaculate Spirit.

And even if the Night gets knocked out early, there's still spying and mingling in the competitor parties and saunas. You can get information on the fighting style and the like of an opponent for the Zenith Brawler you've taken a liking to.
    Last edited by Kyman201; 02-16-2015, 08:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Zelbinnean
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
    Well lately, I've been thinking of a rather simple and straightforward mission.

Every new character (each of them built to fight for storyline reasons), gets scroll in front of them, when they're on their own.

Once they agree, the invitation takes them to the God's Sanctuary, where they find that they'll be competing in front of crowds of spirits and mortals, and get to slug it out with any enemy from the corebook that catches my interest. (Since it's the first time they've been invited, they're in the Beginner bracket, so they won't pushed up against Admiral Leviathan).

In a metagame sense, it's an excuse to put together PCs using any fighting style you like and throw them at one-another. Solar Archer vs a Single Point Shining Into The Void Stylist, a Full Moon Lunar versus a Snake Stylist, a combat Sorcerer against a Sidereal.
    This is a great idea. I might just steal it!

I wouldn't discourage non-combat characters for such a game because there are going to be galas and hobnobbing and political stuff and other shit even if they're not actually competing, or if they got knocked out early.

Leave a comment:

• Kyman201
    replied
    Well lately, I've been thinking of a rather simple and straightforward mission.

Every new character (each of them built to fight for storyline reasons), gets scroll in front of them, when they're on their own.

Greetings Honored Warrior

Once every twenty years, a grand tournament of Creation's greatest warriors is held. Upon consulting the Bureau of Destiny, you, [PC name here], have been formally invited to attend the Grand Tournament. You will compete against mortals, Fair Folk, Spirits, and even Exalted of all kinds.

It is also with great pleasure that I announce that this will be the first Tournament since the Chosen of the Sun have returned en-mass to Creation. This promises to be the grandest tournament in centuries.

Should you do well enough, you will earn prestige, glory, money, and perhaps even the finest of training. If you accept, please state that you do, out loud, in any language.

-Kiran Su, God of Tournaments
    Once they agree, the invitation takes them to the God's Sanctuary, where they find that they'll be competing in front of crowds of spirits and mortals, and get to slug it out with any enemy from the corebook that catches my interest. (Since it's the first time they've been invited, they're in the Beginner bracket, so they won't pushed up against Admiral Leviathan).

In a metagame sense, it's an excuse to put together PCs using any fighting style you like and throw them at one-another. Solar Archer vs a Single Point Shining Into The Void Stylist, a Full Moon Lunar versus a Snake Stylist, a combat Sorcerer against a Sidereal.

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    I assume you have Arabian Nights?
    (Probably the most sexist, racist book I've read other than Mein Kampf. It has some decent story ideas in though. Especially Sinbad, though that requires access to the sea, which is far from Gem.)

Leave a comment:

• DrDog
    replied
    My players have one mission. Keep Gem from being blown up. They will have to deal with deathknights, Raksha, Demons, Stupid (and smart) dragonblooded, and armies of mortals. Also, while they aren't too busy, i'll be having them try to peice together the Key to Heaven, which is some MacGuffin that i haven't worked out what it does yet. I'm going to try to base as many of the adventures on 1001 arabian nights stories as I can. Any suggestions on where to find a good sourcebook?

Leave a comment:

• Hyper Prime
    replied
    I want to run a 3rd edition abyssal campaign taking place entirely in the underworlds east. The heroes would be in the employ of the Walker in Darkness who would be played as a hyper-motivated bombastic conquorer who wants to rule all of the east. It will be about huge wars inspired by the Dynasty Warriors game and the Kingdom anime where champions tear through mobs of troops and then face off against each other in mortal kombat!
    I would feature nations and realms based on cultures of Creations past and... such. Problem is it will take YEARS before the 3rd edition abyssal manual gets released.

Leave a comment:

• Solar
    replied
    Originally posted by Zelbinnean View Post
    It would work really well as long as your opposition can really ramp it up. Coltaine had some great magic support, but Sha'ik's army had the whole goddamn subcontinent backing it, with the added bonus that throwing off the hated Malayan yoke made a lot of people willing to sign up and extract payment in blood.
    Kind of thinking maybe a southern religious war kicking off as a new cult arises which is actually backed from behind the scenes by a Deathlord and their Abyssals, starting the campaign as the holy horde lays siege to a doomed city filled with refugees, fleeing soldiers etc, and then having them all escape across the sands, travelling to the north/east towards more verdant lands to resettle, a vast disparate group of all parts of society with the PCs as part of it, guiding, helping and so on, contesting with problems of travelling through the territories of other tribes and their Gods, natural obstacles, First Age ruins, disease, starvation etc, all the while being chased down by the horde and it's masters who are unleashing terrifying necromantic horrors upon them in the dead of the desert night...

Leave a comment:

• HalfTangible
    replied
    At the coaxing of a friend, I've started putting together the basic outline for a game to DM when 3e comes out in July of 3019.

Here's the basic premise: The Tri-Khan has been assassinated, and the Guild and Realm attempt to use the chaos to stake their own claims on the city. The khans are manuvering to put a successor into place quickly so that their forces are united, the Dragon-blooded are trying to give themselves a stronger presence, and the guild has sent an army to restore order.

The issues as they stand: the Guild army has made a deal with a war god (other than Ahlat) and so are basically forced to conquer the city themselves so long as their current general serves the Guild. The Realm forces only have 2 actual dragon-blooded who are arguing with each other over whether or not they should attack. One thinks they should wait for reinforcements from the realm to make the war a sure thing, while the other thinks they need to attack now 'while the iron is hot', for lack of a better phrase. The khans/nobles (WHATEVER! you get what I mean =( ) SHOULD have a clear line of succession after the Tri-Khan, but for some reason haven't made any announcements. The seedy underworld of the city has grown strangely quiet lately (at least, the bits of it that are organized) and no one's hiring.

The specific details beyond that are something I'm going to keep to myself because at least one of the people I'm planning to invite frequents this forum (Hi Count!) but the general idea is that each of the members of the party is gonna have something to do in this scenario, whatever kind of character they've built. A combat-oriented character can go punch the general and/or war god in the face until they listen, a social character could put him/herself into the nobility to hasten a succession, a stealthy one could kill off the dragon blooded and the general to give the nobles their power, or anything else they could come up with.

Also, when they've conquered Chiaroscuro they can then go to the Perfect and kick his face in.

I would very much like someone to go kick that guy's face in...

Leave a comment:

• GrayWalker
    replied
    A mortals or god blooded game with a party that formed out of an alliance of convenience to get some black market exaltations and/or exegencies. The party would all have their own reasons to want one and they'd reach different political spheres from heaven to hell while traveling around creation.

Leave a comment:

• Zelbinnean
    replied
    I'm making plans for a campaign, the biggest issue to me is figuring out how to get the PCs together without it being super cliche. I figure i will encourage players to have known at least 1 other character prior to the game starting, which would provide a nice little web of relationships.

Originally posted by Solar View Post
    If anyone has read the second Malazan Book of the Fallen, they'll know what I mean if I say I want to run Coltaine's march as a campaign
    I did some of that in 2e.

It would work really well as long as your opposition can really ramp it up. Coltaine had some great magic support, but Sha'ik's army had the whole goddamn subcontinent backing it, with the added bonus that throwing off the hated Malayan yoke made a lot of people willing to sign up and extract payment in blood.

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    The seafaring game I intend to translate into Ex3 is a three-car pileup of the Twelve Labors of Heracles, Glen Cook's Shadows Linger, and the Pirates of the Caribbean.
    Mmm, nice. Shadows Linger is probably my favorite book of the original Black Company trilogy.

Leave a comment:

• Dezeroth
    replied
    I eventually want to run a spin on the insert self scenario. I want to take a region of the real world or even several regions in the real world and have them sink/rise into creation. as long as the infrastructure was still intact I would let things like electricity, gas powered vehicles, and any other modern tech still work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X