Inspirational Art - Exalted 3e Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
    ​Would this be your response to criticisms of The Birth of a Nation? Somebody is consuming it.
    Yes.

You can complain all you want, my point is that this particular complaint about drawings is getting tiresome. Or, rather, the fact it keeps being brought up incessantly. At this point the impression I get is that people feel all but obligated to point it out, as if they can't just appreciate (or not appreciate) in silence. It's an annoying zeitgeist, preaching to no one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brasstreader View Post
      Heck, Halycon450 does a neat 'Usurpation-Era Solar, as seen from the perspective of his righteous Dragonblooded opponents' very well.
      <image>
      Notice the mixture of holy imagery and horror to generate something you could, almost, imagine as having once been a worthy Chosen of the Unconquered Sun. You almost feel shame in the fact that someone so glorious has to die, or else the world will end in absolute tyranny and madness.

One of favorite comics from 2e, by the way, was the one from the Terrestrial Directions, North with the dam breaking on the White Valley.
      His head's composition makes me think of Hellblade's enemy designs, for some reason. Might be Surtr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Synapse View Post
        Yes.
        ​I imagine that it was probably a bit hard for somebody who would have objected on a very personal level to being portrayed as a rape-happy animal to simply ignore the existence of the film when other people who saw it became super enthusiastic about harassing and murdering them.

​Things that contribute to normalizing a popular image of women as sexual objects are perhaps not as extreme, although still often unpleasant for people that want to enjoy fantast media without it.

​(Which is not to say that a normalized attitude of female sexual availability is something that has not also resulted in harassment and murder)

Originally posted by Synapse
        You can complain all you want, my point is that this particular complaint about drawings is getting tiresome. Or, rather, the fact it keeps being brought up incessantly.
        It's easy for something to come up a lot when there's an oversaturation of the subject matter.

Originally posted by Synapse
        It's an annoying zeitgeist, preaching to no one.
        ​Oh I don't know; I think that vocal statements by developers for Exalted Third Edition have suggested that they were preached to with a bit of success.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• You are not separating fantasy for reality, and condemning watching a story as a likened to perpetrating the act.

I dispense the thought policing, thank you very much, and let's continue this on the other thread.

Comment

• Please remember.

You do not have to like scantily clad women in art. But other people are allowed to. This is not the thread to discuss people's taste in art.

If you feel something violates the terms of use, ask for moderation.

Everybody has the right to have their Exalted with as many dressed or undressed, men women and anything in between and beyond.

"Sexy" is not bad wrong fun. You're entitled to not like it, to not look at it, and to not be inspired by it. Other people have a right to not care and, in this thread, not hear about it.

Comment

• You guys realise that in response to this fairly small, undramatic post;
              Originally posted by Cheshire Cat
              Hugely awesome art style. Not a big fan of the "women hate clothes" trope, however. A chance wasted. Then again, if you're that good an artist, you can draw whatever the fuck you want
              There have now been 8 comments telling Cheshire Cat they are not allowed to express their opinion of "I like this, don't like this, but if you're a good artist you can draw what you like", and 2 comments arguing with those 8 comments.

Maybe chill and post some pictures? If you want to argue about it, we seem to have two seperate threads about it, go do that there.

I'd follow this by posting some art, but this forum hates me posting pictures. I don't know why.
              Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 06-06-2018, 03:08 PM.

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                  You guys realise that in response to this fairly small, undramatic post;

There have now been 8 comments telling Cheshire Cat they are not allowed to express their opinion of "I like this, don't like this, but if you're a good artist you can draw what you like", and 2 comments arguing with those 8 comments.

Maybe chill and post some pictures? If you want to argue about it, we seem to have two seperate threads about it, go do that there.

I'd follow this by posting some art, but this forum hates me posting pictures. I don't know why.
                  Agreed.
                  Come get a taste of what I found:

Popping in from time to time.

Comment

• Huh, where is that from?

"Wizard of Oz, you really are a wizard!"

Comment

• On the "darker art" note, I've always found FromSoftware's design art to be a goldmine of ideas for a somewhat more Underworld oriented-art. Bloodborne in particular has the grotesque down pat.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                        Huh, where is that from?
                        It's a picture of outcastes from the Dragon Blooded kickstarter.

​I can't remember all of the names, but the broad-brimmed hat are those Northern ghost-hunters, the purple armour is one of those people associated with the raksha, and I believe the big fellow on the right is Saloy Hin.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

It's a picture of outcastes from the Dragon Blooded kickstarter.

​I can't remember all of the names, but the broad-brimmed hat are those Northern ghost-hunters, the purple armour is one of those people associated with the raksha, and I believe the big fellow on the right is Saloy Hin.
                          I figured that had to be from actual Exalted but I couldn't place it either. Thanks!

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• Originally posted by TGUEIROS View Post
                            Art.

Don't like it, don't consume it.

You're 100% right and I think I pre-empted your comment neatly by agreeing with you already in my post. My complaint is petty, but it is factual that I prefer actually using character art in my games that involves a bit more garment. If context requires bare skin I am fine with it, but I just cannot bring myself too perpetuate the bikini warrior trope.
                            So in closing: I really really loved that art. The art style is basically 95% in sync with my personal taste. I will, however, not steal said art to portray player characters or NPCs in my games, if they don't wear more clothes. I'm trying not to be a dick about it, but I think there's merit to having the occasional discussion about how much half-naked ladies are necessary in fantasy art.

Comment

• I think it's less that it's necessary for fantasy and more that you can't really get away with it anywhere else.

So it's not "I wanna draw fantasy, lets put some tiddies in it" but rather "I wanna draw tiddies, lets make it fantasy so it doesn't look weird."

Comment

Working...
                              X