No announcement yet.

Inspirational Art - Exalted 3e Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not art in the "cool painting" sense, but other people have brought up other media so here goes.

Saw John Wick 3 earlier. Halle Berry is a Solar with a pair of omen dogs that invested heavily in Survival charms. Early on one of devs said that kind of combination would be, if memory serves, "terrifyingly effective." I'm inclined to agree.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Director

Comment

• John Wick as a whole is cool for modern action. I was going to say grounded, but they're clearly evolving into a western brand of wuxia over each film. And it is glourious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Synapse View Post
        John Wick as a whole is cool for modern action. I was going to say grounded, but they're clearly evolving into a western brand of wuxia over each film. And it is glourious.
        Yeah, especially with 3. It's a really interesting contrast to the other recent(ish) action series that has escalated the violence but stayed much more grounded, the film's of Gareth Evan's. (Merantau, Raid, Raid 2)

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Director

Comment

• Well, I find it inspirational of something. Maybe Heaven's Reach-like.

Actually, come to think of it... yeah, the premise for Solars in that Shard could lend itself to somebody on a backwater planet being Exalted without knowing what they are, and then stumbling into a grand adventure.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
          https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• hmm, Goddess? High level demon?

Comment

• found this:

this is how I think Solars would deal with dismemberment. Not necessarily regeneration or mechanical devices

Comment

• Orichalcum Fists of Battle does not actually require fists. This is my new headcanon.

Comment

• You know, I've been thinking that we ought to credit the artists when we share this stuff.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                  Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• That seems fair to me.

My characters:
                    Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• I don't know who it was. It was posted on another site and I found it in a google search.

It's never me though. I am not an artist

Comment

Working...
                      X