Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exalted Fan Anthology

Originally posted by Crumplepunch View Post
    There's a lot of dissatisfaction and negativity surrounding this reward, but I think this is a good opportunity for this community to produce something positive. We've got some enthusiastic writers both amateur and professional around this forum, so I suggest a little project.

Anyone who is dissatisfied with their reward should post their character and a short description. A volunteer can then take up the reins and write an Exalted short story faithfully representing the character in a major or supporting role.

I'd be happy to write one, anyone else game?
    I posted the above on the anthology name thread and got a favourable response, so I think it is deserving of its own thread. This isn't a venue to complain about or upstage the official anthology. We're just writing about a setting we enjoy and doing a good turn while we're at it. Let's try to keep things positive for once.

There have already been a few kind writing offers but none so far for characters, which is rather the opposite of what I expected. We'll sort out a selection process and other details when we have a better idea of the numbers we are dealing with. Please post away.

Writer for Exalted.

I'll post myself up as a writer.

I won't say I'm great but I don't think I'm bad either.

I also didn't back the official Kickstarter so I am hesitant to post up a character when those people should get first crack. So I guess if there are any writers other than me who are available you can hand them...

My Night Caste Doctor, who calls himself "Healing Banner". His weapon of choice is a Dire Lance spear tip is a hidden in a intricate snake on a cross pattern. The Weapon's name is Caduceus. He wears a buff jacket made of fairly standard leather, although it is white leather. He wears black cotton pants. His hair is pale blond, eyes are green. The good doctor specializes at curing the strangest, and most exotic of ailments. He has stopped to treat immaculate monks who are after him, or wounded he finds as he searches for a place to erect a permanent hospital manse. He doesn't care if someone would be his enemy or his ally, to him they are the sick and the wounded and are in need of treatment. His most common quote is "While you are recovering you are my patient like any other patient. My oath is to do no harm to any under my care."

Comment

I'll throw myself up as a writer. I like to think I'm not terrible, and that I have a decent grasp of the setting.

I won't throw out my own characters, as I only backed for the basic core.

Also, how would we share these? Emailed documents? PMs? Using Google Drive?

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

So essentially a sort of "shared world" anthology (along the lines of Thieves' World) where people contribute characters, and then different authors write stories about them. I did something like this back in highschool with some friends, and these are always a lot of fun. One thing though, you might want someone to act as an overall editor/leader of the project, just to make sure you don't have Guy A writing a story where he kills off Guy B's character or otherwise does something with a character that the original creator doesn't care for (that sort of thing has been known to happen).

Anyway, it's been a couple of years since I did any writing, and lately I've been getting a serious itch to write, so something like this feels as though it's coming along at the right time. I'd be more than happy to contribute as a writer, as well as contribute a character.

Comment

Originally posted by HaplessWithDice View Post
          I also didn't back the official Kickstarter so I am hesitant to post up a character when those people should get first crack. So I guess if there are any writers other than me who are available you can hand them...

My Night Caste Doctor, who calls himself "Healing Banner". His weapon of choice is a Dire Lance spear tip is a hidden in a intricate snake on a cross pattern. The Weapon's name is Caduceus. He wears a buff jacket made of fairly standard leather, although it is white leather. He wears black cotton pants. His hair is pale blond, eyes are green. The good doctor specializes at curing the strangest, and most exotic of ailments. He has stopped to treat immaculate monks who are after him, or wounded he finds as he searches for a place to erect a permanent hospital manse. He doesn't care if someone would be his enemy or his ally, to him they are the sick and the wounded and are in need of treatment. His most common quote is "While you are recovering you are my patient like any other patient. My oath is to do no harm to any under my care."
          So far nobody with a Kickstarter reward character has come forward, I dare say we have enough writers interested now that we will likely be able to acommodate a few extras. I can certainly imagine a few short stories in which Healing Banner would make an interesting addition.

Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
          So essentially a sort of "shared world" anthology (along the lines of Thieves' World) where people contribute characters, and then different authors write stories about them. I did something like this back in highschool with some friends, and these are always a lot of fun. One thing though, you might want someone to act as an overall editor/leader of the project, just to make sure you don't have Guy A writing a story where he kills off Guy B's character or otherwise does something with a character that the original creator doesn't care for (that sort of thing has been known to happen).
          I had intended for each writer to contribute one story and incorporate one character to avoid any continuity tangles.

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
          Also, how would we share these? Emailed documents? PMs? Using Google Drive?
          Thread posts or Google Drive are probably the best options for finished stories. Anyone that needs help with proofreading, editing, advice etcetera, please feel free to PM me and we can arrange things from there.

Thank you all for your interest.

Writer for Exalted.

Comment

I'll happily throw my lot in as a writer if ye will have me.
            Last edited by Arian Dynas; 03-18-2015, 06:24 PM. Reason: a misunderstanding of intent

Need some Tunes for your Exalted Game? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-exalted-tunes
            Want some help managing your PCs? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...a-reincarnated

Comment

Dammit Crumplepunch, you beat me to the... well, punch, appropriately enough. I'll throw my lot in as a writer too. Feel free to pm me with the details and whatnot.
              (Also, I can maybe do an illustration or something, or even work on the layout if we want to end up with a nice looking pdf to compile everything.)

Ultimate Jade-Screened Exalted Scholar, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar
              THDR : Future Dragon-Blooded campaign, and other links.
              If you like Ex3, you can support Holden on Patreon!

Comment

I just want to suggest that you call it the "Fanthology"...It's just a thought.....

Comment

Originally posted by LeTipex View Post
                  Dammit Crumplepunch, you beat me to the... well, punch, appropriately enough. I'll throw my lot in as a writer too. Feel free to pm me with the details and whatnot.
                  (Also, I can maybe do an illustration or something, or even work on the layout if we want to end up with a nice looking pdf to compile everything.)
                  That would be very welcome. We'll talk more about details after a couple of days when we have a better idea of the interest.

Originally posted by turkeygiant View Post
                  I just want to suggest that you call it the "Fanthology"...It's just a thought.....
                  I was about to make that the thread title, and then I blacked out. I awoke hours later with blood on my hands and raw flesh between my teeth.

These are the keenly honed editing principles that I volunteer to you.
                  Last edited by Crumplepunch; 03-18-2015, 07:25 PM.

Writer for Exalted.

Comment

I'm in, I'm very busy at the moment but damnit I'll find time to make a kickass story for Lioness, or whoever felt their character wasn't quite what they were expecting.

Comment

I don't feel up to writing anything. But I nonetheless throw my wholehearted support for this idea. Maybe I can drop in a character, if there aren't as many backers who would like to drop in theirs'.

Raksi plays Peek-a-boo for keeps. ~ nalak42

Comment

Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
                        I'm in, I'm very busy at the moment but damnit I'll find time to make a kickass story for Lioness, or whoever felt their character wasn't quite what they were expecting.
                        Originally posted by Kleptomania View Post
                        I don't feel up to writing anything. But I nonetheless throw my wholehearted support for this idea. Maybe I can drop in a character, if there aren't as many backers who would like to drop in theirs'.
                        About this, it seems we have a dearth of offers from Anthology backers. It seems we will have many more writers than characters to involve in stories. How many of our writer volunteers feel up to writing short stories regardless?

Writer for Exalted.

Comment

About this, it seems we have a dearth of offers from Anthology backers. It seems we will have many more writers than characters to involve in stories. How many of our writer volunteers feel up to writing short stories regardless?
                          I...might? right now I don't really have time to play exalted, but writing little bits in small bursts might be okay.

Comment

I do. Lemme attem.

Need some Tunes for your Exalted Game? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-exalted-tunes
                            Want some help managing your PCs? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...a-reincarnated

Comment

I'll volunteer, either to write for someone, or just something. What kind of length are we looking at here?

We are Ten Thousand strong.

Comment

Working...
                              X