No announcement yet.

Exalted Fan Anthology - Workshop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working on my submission. Should be able to upload a sample sometime tomorrow. Would love an illustrator but my protagonist was directly inspired by a particular piece so it feels a bit like a cheat to mention it....

Need some Tunes for your Exalted Game? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-exalted-tunes
    Want some help managing your PCs? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...a-reincarnated

Comment

Since I haven't received more information from Growls other than their first pm asking me if I was ok with illustrating their story, and since Elemental asked me to do an illustration and provided me with a quick description, I'm prioritizing Elemental's illustration. That doesn't mean I won't do one for Growls, just that I'll do it after if it's possible in the time limits.

How's everyone stories going?

Ultimate Jade-Screened Exalted Scholar, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar
      THDR : Future Dragon-Blooded campaign, and other links.
      If you like Ex3, you can support Holden on Patreon!

Comment

I'd be interested too to hear how everyone else is getting on. There was a big flurry of interest when this idea was proposed, but now it seems to have gone quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by LeTipex View Post
          Since I haven't received more information from Growls other than their first pm asking me if I was ok with illustrating their story, and since Elemental asked me to do an illustration and provided me with a quick description, I'm prioritizing Elemental's illustration. That doesn't mean I won't do one for Growls, just that I'll do it after if it's possible in the time limits.

How's everyone stories going?
          Sry for the silence, Tipex. Been away on convention over easter. Have an idea in mind, but I'll see what I can cook up for tomorrow.

I've gone a bit slow on the writing side, as I've been busy with said convention. My schedule will relax a lot more once I get the rapports from said convention done, which will probably happen tomorrow too.

Comment

Originally posted by Elemental View Post
            I'd be interested too to hear how everyone else is getting on. There was a big flurry of interest when this idea was proposed, but now it seems to have gone quiet.
            Well, it's to be expected : it's easy to show your willingness to be part of the project, but then everyone's plotting / typing, and there's not much to show until the end.

Originally posted by Growls View Post

Sry for the silence, Tipex. Been away on convention over easter. Have an idea in mind, but I'll see what I can cook up for tomorrow.

I've gone a bit slow on the writing side, as I've been busy with said convention. My schedule will relax a lot more once I get the rapports from said convention done, which will probably happen tomorrow too.
            No worries, mate.

Hit me up when you have the time.

Ultimate Jade-Screened Exalted Scholar, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar
            THDR : Future Dragon-Blooded campaign, and other links.
            If you like Ex3, you can support Holden on Patreon!

Comment

I haven't been getting a lot of sleep, I've got the plot all out in my head but school projects have made it impossible to write the past two weeks, I'll get on it later today or tomorrow.

Comment

I have gotten about a thousand words in so far and I will post it once I have completed the first draft.

How can I know if what I claim I know to be true is rejecting the idea that there is something I might not know? How can I know if what I claim I don't know to be true is rejecting the idea that there is something I do know?
                -Zhuangzi

Comment

Cool. Apologies if I sounded like I was being critical.

Comment

I've gotten dragooned by Finals all this last month, along with some other negative shit going on has harshed my writing, so putting this project on the back burner until I've dealt with a few of those projects. Otherwise I'm in the first draft stage of one story, and a carefully reconsidered second draft for the other.

Need some Tunes for your Exalted Game? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...-exalted-tunes
                    Want some help managing your PCs? http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...a-reincarnated

Comment

I've had some assignments to deal with over the last few weeks, so apologies if I have been tardy in my responses. Anyone who has finished drafts, please consider sharing them on this thread or elsewhere, that's what it is for.

Writer for Exalted.

Comment

I will, I am over half way done, but it takes me a while to overcome the hurdle of the English language. I should be done by the deadline however since I started early knowing this would happen.

How can I know if what I claim I know to be true is rejecting the idea that there is something I might not know? How can I know if what I claim I don't know to be true is rejecting the idea that there is something I do know?
                        -Zhuangzi

Comment

Here's the rough draft of the sketch for Ostarion's story. He hasn't given me feedback so it may need to be corrected, but figured I'd post the draft here. :P
                          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ps5ssjetof.jpg
                          I should be able to get it done on time, and probably at least 1 more as well.

Edit
                          Here's the linework version (No need to make a new post.)
                          I should also add a NSFW warning about uncovered breasts. Still not sure how I should handle them in the final version but I assume we want to keep it more PG...
                          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psd0lm8gne.jpg
                          Last edited by auroradragonkaya; 04-21-2015, 03:48 AM.

Comment

And Now I can follow up on the picture with the actual draft of the frame story. Now as the frame story, I would probably like feedback from all the writers and those of you interested in making sure the tone matches what you think Exalted is. Please remember though that I am using narrative styles and structures that you may not be familiar with. In addition, I have essentially made it seem as if the entire anthology was written in setting, as it were. Hopefully this is agreeable but I can remove it pretty easily if it is not.

For feedback, I am interested in grammar, syntax and the flow of ideas for the most part. The content may seem somewhat strange to most of you because it draws upon my own cultural background as well as my indifference to the importance of history (similar to how the Indians couldn't even bother to leave a footnote about Alexander the Great in their own stories). Obviously this means I am also indifferent on canon concerns but I have tried to remain true to canon regardless of my feelings on the matter.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...4uBEDOB8w/edit

Hence please evaluate and critique as best as you are able.

-Zhuangzi

Comment

I have to go to bed soon and can't look into it too much right now, but I'm definitely eager to. Would you like feedback here, or as comments in the word document?
                              I haven't finished reading, but one thing I noticed was you tend to switch tenses a lot (past, present, future... native speakers have trouble with that so don't feel bad! )

Also curious if we want to have a lot of the summaries that are common knowledge for the readers? (E.g. notes on the nature of creation and primordial war.) This is not a critique, this is a general question to everyone.

Oh, and lastly, as a general editing tool to anyone who likes writing, there's something called the Hemmingway App that can be useful. It's $7, so it's not something I'd recommend for a casual thing, but it notes things like using a passive voice, overusing adverbs, and how difficult the sentence may be to read. (I also own it so I could potentially put any of the stories through it and note if any writers are interested. )

Anyway, will definitely read more tomorrow, and give my own feedback then.

Comment

Yes I have difficulties with these aspects, so I will try making corrections as I go, but I wanted to get feedback early.

-Zhuangzi

Comment

Working...
                                X