Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Tepet Legions being crush like insects by the Bull: The Worf Level of this is...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Murcushio View Post
    The Bull is further away and less obviously powerful than Mask, so why wouldn't they react to him the same way?
    The Mask of Winters attacked a city state that had just fought a war with the rest of the Scavenger Lands, Thorns had a few Terrestrial advisors not several of the best equipped Dragon-Blooded Legions. The only obvious power he's shown is Juggernaut.

I’ve moved to Sword of Creation, thank you to everyone who helped made the Exalted community these past few years.

Exalted character art giveaway deadline May 12th, for details see here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
      The only obvious power he's shown is Juggernaut.
      This is a little bit like saying "the only obvious power he's shown is a tactical nuclear weapon," I think.

Also, he has Deathknights openly working for him, and Deathknights are pretty fucking scary.

Moreover, Thorns is right across the inland sea from the Realm. Mask is basically saying "yeah, I'm less than a week away from the heart of the Realm, and I just don't give a fuck."

The Realm's response to this provocation has been lackluster at best. So I think it reasonable their response to Tepet would also be lackluster, although I suppose you could argue both are unrealistic.

"SEX NOVA is the kind of person who, after being chosen as the divine champion of the god of heroes, decided to call himself SEX NOVA."

Comment

I'm on board with the Empress setting the Tepet Legions up to fail. The part that doesn't make sense is that she would allow the Bull to hold on to his powerbase, but given her disappearance, it's reasonable to assume that she had a plan, but that she just didn't have time to set it in motion.

I figure the actual battles were more like the scene in Kingdom of Heaven where Raynald of Châtillon leads the army of Jerusalem with no water or supply lines. Or any European invasion of Russia, for that matter.

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
        [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
        [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
          That's inteesting, I never thought of it that way before. I always assumed because it was far away and they were rivals that people didn't really care so much. Thinking about it more though, what happens when the boats full of the broken wounded soldiers come back into the Imperial City with horror stories. Would the other houses still be saying "hah, stupid Tepet, glad that could never happen to us. Now let's get to work tearing apart their houses holdings!"
          It's 2/3rds of one of the 8 Great Houses that contain most of the Isle's Dragon-Blooded population (and possibly the oldest Great House). Even at a conservative estimate those are losses comparable to those of a World War.
          Last edited by Lioness; 03-27-2015, 01:20 PM.

I’ve moved to Sword of Creation, thank you to everyone who helped made the Exalted community these past few years.

Exalted character art giveaway deadline May 12th, for details see here.

Comment

It would also make more sense if it had happened in Icewalker territory instead of Halta.

She/Her. I am literal-minded and write literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to make a joke.
            My point of view may be different from yours but is equally valid.
            Exalted-cWoD-ArM url mega-library. Exalted name-generators, Exalted and WTA stuff from me and others.

Comment

I am happy for the Bull to win, and win big with no narratively imposed "there must be a balanced story" drawbacks to his victory (wars can be one-sided!) but I'd prefer it if the reason he won was a more sensible in terms of strategy and logistics.

Comment

Originally posted by Erinys View Post
                It would also make more sense if it had happened in Icewalker territory instead of Halta.
                Part of the Bull winning could be because they had managed to move down the army undetected to Halta, and ambushed the Legions there. Everyone in the Legion thinking the enemy is a thousand miles away.

Comment

Tywin Lannister would approve.

Sidereal Jumpstart (3e fanwork Charmset)
                  Cascades (the above in flowchart form)

Comment

IMO its just fine - but the specifics as detailed in various splats and whatnot muddy the waters

As an example of what a Dawn caste solar can do if given a few years and a few thousand barbarians - its perfect

There is also fluff which states that it was on Ketchup Carjack's orders that the "troublesome" Tepet legion was 'fed' to the Bull - indicating that other things might also have been sabotaged along the way.

Of course, there is also fluff somewhere that said that there were one or more elder sid assassins on the Tepet side at the battle of futile blood - and honestly, the bull migth be a Solar Dawn caste with a few years of uninhibited power development, but that shouldn't trump +1 elder sid assassin.

Still, my only main gripe with the whole event is that its never explained why the Tepet legion was 'troublesome' - why did the bronze faction sacrifice it?

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Tiresias View Post
                      I'm on board with the Empress setting the Tepet Legions up to fail.
                      This is actually my biggest issue.

Why?

Because before the Empress disappeared there were no Tepet Legions there were only the Imperial Legions.

When the Empress disappeared the Imperial Legions were called home and divided between the Houses. How could the Empress make a decision to sacrifice something something that did not exist prior to her disappearance?

Loch Ness monsters. On vacation. On a pillow.

My wife is on Spotify!

Comment

Originally posted by Murcushio View Post
                        This is a little bit like saying "the only obvious power he's shown is a tactical nuclear weapon," I think.
                        Juggernaut is not especially movable, getting it across the Inland Sea would be a logistical nightmare.

success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

Comment

Originally posted by Jutlander View Post
                          Because before the Empress disappeared there were no Tepet Legions there were only the Imperial Legions.
                          Not accurate to my recollection.

The Houses have always had legions to control and police the satrapies divvied out to them by the Empress. The Houses are basically delegated to manage these regions for her, and gain boons and a share of her rightful plunder as part of it.

The Imperial Legions were always separate - a military force loyal only to the Empress and none of the Houses to be the Empress's private military whom she could always depend on if one of the Houses got too militarily strong.

"Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

"Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

Comment

Originally posted by The Hug Ninja View Post
                            Juggernaut is not especially movable, getting it across the Inland Sea would be a logistical nightmare.
                            There's no reason for this to be the case. Juggernaut has no need to breathe, nor do a good portion of the Mask of Winters' troops. They could skip the ships and just walk across the sea floor.

Dead But Not Gone: Ghosts
                            Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
                            Masters of the Industrial Elements
                            Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
                            ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

Originally posted by Kyeudo View Post
                              There's no reason for this to be the case. Juggernaut has no need to breathe, nor do a good portion of the Mask of Winters' troops. They could skip the ships and just walk across the sea floor.
                              Fish nibblin' on zombies all the way!

"Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

"Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

Comment

Juggernaut is the size of a mountain, and filled with maggots bigger than horses. I doubt that fish would make much impact.
                                Besides, if it's really an issue they can try to find some ghost or Abyssal magic to make all the undead poisonous.

She/Her. I am literal-minded and write literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to make a joke.
                                My point of view may be different from yours but is equally valid.
                                Exalted-cWoD-ArM url mega-library. Exalted name-generators, Exalted and WTA stuff from me and others.

Comment

Working...
                                X