X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Aeon
    replied
    Originally posted by JayTee View Post
    From what I can remember it's similar to a charging sequence, which makes me think of megaman and makes me hope I can overcharge a spell to get a super version. That would be so stupid, but I want it so much.
    Remember, this is Exalted. Awesome is never stupid in Exalted.

Leave a comment:

• JayTee
    replied
    Originally posted by Zelbinnean View Post
    There were comments about collecting ambient Essence in one of the threads.
    From what I can remember it's similar to a charging sequence, which makes me think of megaman and makes me hope I can overcharge a spell to get a super version. That would be so stupid, but I want it so much.

Leave a comment:

• Zelbinnean
    replied
    Originally posted by hippokrene View Post
    What do you use then?
    There were comments about collecting ambient Essence in one of the threads.

Originally posted by hippokrene View Post
    Is it like blood magic in Dragon Age where you can suck the blood from your enemies and use it to empower your spells?
    Maybe? That would be an awesome option though.

Leave a comment:

• hippokrene
    replied
    Originally posted by Zelbinnean View Post
    You just don't use your own mote pool.
    What do you use then?

Is it like blood magic in Dragon Age where you can suck the blood from your enemies and use it to empower your spells?

Leave a comment:

• Crimyote
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    Either can be both. Sorcerous initiations are designed to be extremely inclusive of character concepts, not to exclude them.
    That's great to hear! Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Zelbinnean
    replied
    Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
    I am very curious how functional a dedicated "combat sorcerer" in 3rd edition will be - that is, someone who uses Sorcery entirely for offense (in the same way someone uses Archery entirely for offense). While you could technically do this in 1st and 2nd edition, it was absolutely ineffective.

I wonder if this was designed to be something possible in 3rd edition (unlike in the previous editions) and, if so, how far behind they will be from someone who focuses on a combat Ability.
    I do believe it was said that depending wholly on offensive sorcery effects was not going to be that effective in standard skirmish level combat (defined as constantly casting DOB or FotBR, versus buffing with Wood Dragon's Claw and Invulnerable Skin then laying about with Brawl Charms). In mass combat against battle groups though, hoo boy.

Leave a comment:

• leo1925
    replied
    I am very curious how functional a dedicated "combat sorcerer" in 3rd edition will be - that is, someone who uses Sorcery entirely for offense (in the same way someone uses Archery entirely for offense). While you could technically do this in 1st and 2nd edition, it was absolutely ineffective.

I wonder if this was designed to be something possible in 3rd edition (unlike in the previous editions) and, if so, how far behind they will be from someone who focuses on a combat Ability.
    I really doubt it, unless you count someone running around and fighting with skin of bronze and wood dragon's claw (and uses brawl or MA charms) as someone who uses sorcerery for offense.

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
    One of my goals was to make the process of casting spells in combat a fun one. I hear Holden has a playtest character who's been making some fun use of Wood Dragon's Claw with martial arts.
    Again, i doubt it's gonna be possible for starting characters to whip out a spell each round.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Vance
    replied
    One of my goals was to make the process of casting spells in combat a fun one. I hear Holden has a playtest character who's been making some fun use of Wood Dragon's Claw with martial arts.

Leave a comment:

• nalak42
    replied

Probably at least a little more reasonable than it used to be. I think they said a while back that there wasn't going to be required rounds just for shaping a working,but you could use those if you were going to try and not use your own essence for the casting and the like.

Leave a comment:

• AnubisXy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Arteliex
    replied
    Yes, everything in this thread is just increasing my excitement.

Im just sad that there aren't more specifics to talk about. All I can really do is flail about like a puppy when it hears its owner coming back home.

Leave a comment:

• JayTee
    replied
    What I'm getting from his conversation is that it's entirely possible to become a dedicated magic user in Exalted now.

This is confusing to me, but I am by no means complaining. I love playing me a mage!

Leave a comment:

• Robert Vance
    replied
    Originally posted by Crimyote View Post
    I
    I'm wondering if maybe mortal sorcerers will be more like Elric while a solar will be more like Dr. Strange or Doctor Fate.
    Either can be both. Sorcerous initiations are designed to be extremely inclusive of character concepts, not to exclude them.

Leave a comment:

• Crimyote
    replied
    It was my understanding that Elric's frailty was just a personal flaw of his, not because his magic was taking a lot out of him. The only reason he could do what he was doing was because Stormbringer was buffing him.

I'm wondering if maybe mortal sorcerers will be more like Elric while a solar will be more like Dr. Strange or Doctor Fate. (Why are all these superhero sorcerers also doctors?)

Leave a comment:

• danelsan
    replied
    And now I have the urge to make Nabu, Lord of Order with a swanky golden helmet, as a Solar focused on Sorcery and related Occult charms, as well as the "impose order on chaos" aspect of Lore.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X