No announcement yet.

3e Sorcery! ...again!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Exalted is the *sum* of its parts, not just those parts only. Scene-long insta-summoning is very in-theme for anime/video games, which are also a big part of its inspiration. I'm not sure how that would work, given its metaphysics, but I'd love to see the option!

Comment

Given how much noise is being made over sorcerous initiations and workings, I could see something that lets you accelerate a summoning spell to get you a demon/elemental army going real quick being possible.

Alternately, just use the old standby of summoning 2nd and 3rd circle demons and having them summon minions for you. Given how summoning now binds the subject to the spirit and the letter of the law, this feels like less of an insane risk.

Comment

I...kinda want the alternate elemental versions of Wood Dragon's Claw to show up again.

Thread Reaper <(´ ՞)ਊ( ՞ )>

Comment

Originally posted by Hand-of-Omega View Post
          Well, Exalted is the *sum* of its parts, not just those parts only. Scene-long insta-summoning is very in-theme for anime/video games, which are also a big part of its inspiration.
          Hmm, I'm not denying that anime and video games aren't big inspirations for exalted, but they also operate in a very different context - video games especially not worrying about battle ramifications long-term in the same way that tabletop RPGs do, because the consequence is either immaterial or predetermined. So on this front I'd say the pulp is the more likely thing to be the influence, because I don't think "summon demon for 3 minute fight and he then poofs away" is really in-genre for the kind of game Exalted portrays itself as.

"Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

"Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

Comment

Working...
          X