Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aquillion
    replied
    I believe they've said that part of the goal is to make Sorcery more practical to use frequently (since it's no fun to make "sorcerer" your main concept and the almost never get to use actual spells, which was a problem in previous editions due to the insane mote and WP costs.)

On the other hand, if you want a great world-changing work that leaves you drained afterwards, I would expect that Sorcerous Workings would fit better.

Leave a comment:

• Will2goforth
    replied
    Hmmm I haven't checked out that series but from what they said sorcery will be fun and exciting to play in 3e. I'm hoping it goes for more of the Flat Earth style where sorcery is powerful and rare but for those gifted or make a deal with a major power there is so much you can do.

Leave a comment:

• Arteliex
    replied
    Originally posted by Zelbinnean View Post
    It's worth noting that sorcery and sorcerous working are different but closely related systems.

There hasn't been rev commentary about like...Belgariad or Shadowrun exhaustion/drain-type effects from using it. You just don't use your own mote pool.
    True! But the rituals themselves must be damnably exhausting. I mean, anytime I used Demon of the (whatever) Circle, I portrayed it as very draining, as you're constantly performing the ritual for many hours straight and it just seems common sense that its exhausting.

Im just excited to see what it has to offer and all the cool moments there are to be had with the system.

Leave a comment:

• Zelbinnean
    replied
    It's worth noting that sorcery and sorcerous working are different but closely related systems.

There hasn't been rev commentary about like...Belgariad or Shadowrun exhaustion/drain-type effects from using it. You just don't use your own mote pool.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X