No announcement yet.

Male Seducer: Too Weird/Creepy ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think they've ever mention male nymphs in any book, but I don't see why not - I see Creation as that kind of world where that's possible. Although personally I am another who'd maybe picture such nymphs as being all lean, like classical statues of idealised young guys, rather than big.

I think it would take more work to establish a big guy as being sensitive rather than weak for having strong emotions etc. And it would feel dissonant if a person who was physically strong did not act like they had that strength. I feel like I expect form to follow function, like the appearance of physical strength is not decorative, if you have it, you need to know how to use it, at least more than someone who doesn't have it - it's wrong or corrupt to develop the appearance of physical strength for vanity only, etc. Stuff like that. Which is probably, mostly cultural, right or wrong.

Having said that, go wild with you own imagery.

TBH, no offense, sounds quite overtly sexual or sex fantasy like? If it's not quite that and/or if your group are all comfortable with it though, have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghosthead View Post
      I don't think they've ever mention male nymphs in any book, but I don't see why not - I see Creation as that kind of world where that's possible. Although personally I am another who'd maybe picture such nymphs as being all lean, like classical statues of idealised young guys, rather than big.
      They don't mention male nymphs because nymphs always take a female form. It's like how neomah are always female, however, unlike nymphs, neomah have the capacity to shift forms to suit their client's desire.

Originally posted by Exalted 2e, pg 305
      Nymphs take the form of supremely beautiful human women with long hair that seems to always be fl owing and floating with the current, even when they leave the water. Their skin is tinged blue-green, and their naked bodies are slightly translucent. They have pearls for eyes and whalebone teeth, and their fingers and toes are slightly webbed. Nymphs are nearly invisible when swimming underwater.

Thread Reaper <(´ ՞)ਊ( ՞ )>

Comment

I'm not sure if nymphs in Exalted are actually described as exclusivley female.
        And if they are/were; Why not change it? There is nothing in the nature (of narrative importance) of a nymph that necessarily depends on it's form being that of a female. Just try to run some nymphs as being male/having male bodies/form, and see what happens.
        It might feel unsual at first, but if you let go of preconcieved notions, then; Why not?

Comment

I think the problem comes in that your trying to force the Big burly Male to seduce someone in the same way that a woman would, when really you should be thinking more along the lines of how a male seduces someone they fancy. The Cultural context of men being accused of Rape or Thought to be attempting it colors the way men go about seduction even in modern society. Where a woman might come on strongly, men generally do not for many reasons.

Comment

I experience no sense of dissonance whatsoever of a man acting in a manipulatively seductive way towards other people, men or women, regardless of their build. Like, the description of action provided in the first post, that is clicking surprisingly well for me. It's putting me in mind of that typical bit in late 90s sitcoms where there would be some heavy set blue-collar man and, surprise, he's actually intelligent and thoughtful and sensitive. Change the target of that from "makes the straight laced central character kind of abashed or perturbed" to "make them fell drawn and aroused"... it feels like very little of an adjustment. Like the way it sometimes plays out in the sitcoms where the character goes to comfort the crying sensitive trucker, and then add a bit where their eyes meet and the trucker tentatively leans in for a kiss, and the protagonist doesn't pull away (although maybe their eyes briefly widen with surprise at... one of several possible things), annnnnd scene.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
            Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Lots of ab licking must be involved.

Comment

Of course, if you happen to be in the South, there's a very straightforward formula you can harness...

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                  Of course, if you happen to be in the South, there's a very straightforward formula you can harness...
                  I regret that I have but one Like to give.

Comment

Yeah... honestly, how does "emerge from the foliage, lie casually against a rock with their beyond-perfect body enticingly exposed for the onlookers to look at" not work for *everyone*? How is it not possible to follow that up with casual conversation that is nonetheless highly charged?

Are there people for whom an incredibly attractive person gently stroking them in an ostensibly friendly manner *doesn't* send their mind wandering?

*does not understand people*

Comment

Originally posted by Xanandithras View Post
                      I regret that I have but one Like to give.
                      I gave him another one for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Queen View Post
                        I gave him another one for you.
                        Bless your kindness. T^T

Comment

Originally posted by SuperG
                          how does "emerge from the foliage, lie casually against a rock with their beyond-perfect body enticingly exposed for the onlookers to look at" not work for *everyone*?
                          Well, there are asexual people. Although now I'm wondering how asexuality intersects with an awareness of the emotional projections of somebody who is attracted to one; motivation for sex probably isn't on the table, but a sense of response towards somebody putting themselves out there might be. I mean, is it within the range of possibilities for asexual people to regard somebody's attention as complimentary?

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                            Well, there are asexual people. Although now I'm wondering how asexuality intersects with an awareness of the emotional projections of somebody who is attracted to one; motivation for sex probably isn't on the table, but a sense of response towards somebody putting themselves out there might be. I mean, is it within the range of possibilities for asexual people to regard somebody's attention as complimentary?
                            I'm sure it is. Being asexual doesn't mean you lack the ability to relate to people or make inferences.

"Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

"Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

Comment

Originally posted by Zelbinnean View Post
                              I'm sure it is. Being asexual doesn't mean you lack the ability to relate to people or make inferences.
                              are you trying to say that asexuality and sociopathy are not mutually inclusive?

next thing you know, you're going to be telling me that homosexual males both have self control and don't want to top every straight man they've ever seen before!

Or maybe even that masculinity varies from culture to culture or even within ones in post-industrialized nations!

Comment

This conversation is headed in a concerning direction... Please remember to respect other people and to respect the conversation. Just a friendly reminder.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Working...
                                X