X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ren9077
    replied
    Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
    Yeah some people also think that 30% of the Blessed Isle is developed and cultivated. or something like that. With the divine harvests there they should have such an abundance of food as to use it for basically whatever they want.
    Yeah, with the amount of cultivation and the harvest schedule described in the books, the entire world of Creation should basically be awash in cheap food, which totally screws with any economic models you'd think would be applicable otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• DrLoveMonkey
    replied
    Yeah some people also think that 30% of the Blessed Isle is developed and cultivated. or something like that. With the divine harvests there they should have such an abundance of food as to use it for basically whatever they want.

Leave a comment:

• Arrghus
    replied
    While I'm far from a socioagricultural master, it seems to me that almost doubling the amount of rice produced by a peasant would only serve to almost halve the number of peasants (probably less, since five harvest cycles a year sounds a bit labor-intensive). Sure, that results in an awful lot of non-peasants clogging up the non-farms, but advanced pre-industrial farming technologies have done similar things in our history without resulting in anything called non-pre-industrial (not sure about this last point, there might be a difference in scope between this and things like crop rotation I'm missing).

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    I'll be honest, I pretty much just ignore that. It's too disruptive to the social make-up otherwise.
    The weird seasonal business is already disruptive enough.

I'm fine for these things to have been the case in the first age, but not the supposedly backward and poor second age.

Leave a comment:

• Oriares
    replied
    Why wouldn't you get "peasants"?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X