Anybody want their characters to be experimented on ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Siegemonkeys
    • Jun 2016

Huh, weird. Sorry about that then, I'd have just posted the picture outright but for some reason I get an error message every time I try to upload an image. Probably just me being dumb and missing something.

Hm, iconography? Well, fire is a big part of his theme, not just because he practices Righteous Devil Style but because it's in-line with some of his themes. Agiras started off wanting to be like his wood-aspect mom, who was a doctor and a pacifist as well, but kinda fell off that path for various reasons surrounding his exaltation, so the contrast between fire being his main weapon and the person he looked up to being a wood aspect isn't entirely incidental. It also fits with his idea of only fighting legitimately bad people, because fire isn't really something you can fight with and take prisoners. He doesn't like drawing his weapon, but when he does that means he's dead serious.

If that doesn't work, maybe something wood aspect-y, like lotus flowers? Those are used to represent wisdom and martial arts mastery in Exalted, so that could work. Or there's his iconic anima, which spawns these tiny little devils that look like the sand sharks from Ratchet and Clank, but I'm not so sure that's in-line with what you're thinking of.

Comment

• Jen
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Kashi View Post
      Let me give you a rough run down here, as I have played this character for going on nine years I have pages and pages of notes and backstory, so I'll try to make this brief.

The product of a union between a Western Pirate and a Northern Merchant's daughter (Ya, I know, cliche ), the Dawn Caste Kashi of Wavecrest is roughly seventeen years old. He is male and in very good physical shape along with being very athletic and handsome. He has a cross between and gymnast and a swimmer's build. Being a child of the West, he is a very good swimmer and his upper body and arms reflect this. He has sun bleached, layered, spiky, golden-blond blonde hair with duller blond 'highlights' and bright blue eyes. His skin tone is tan with a clear complexion. I envisioned him with a sort of Pacific Islander style face with some Caucasian. (Think Tidus of Final Fantasy as he was a partial inspiration for Kashi's face and hair). He is typically bare-chested and barefoot. He wears only orichalcum Hearthstone Bracers, baggy, light canvas colored pants that are tied at the waist with a sash. The pants are also tied at the ankles with golden bracers similar to the ones on his arms. He also wears a sort of shell necklace. He doesn't carry any weapons, as he practices Solar Hero Style, or I suppose it's Brawl now that we've moved on to 3E.

Personality wise, Kashi is a happy-go-lucky sort of person. He was taken at an early age as a slave and raised to fight, although he doesn't really like to hurt anyone, he often solves problems with his fist as it is the only thing he knows. Kashi can be somewhat naive and child-like, tending to see the world in terms of black and white, although he can be deathly serious when the time calls for it.

Let me know if I left anything out that you might need to know!.
      His cloth is not as fantasy as I would have like, probably gonna redraw again in the future.

And oh yeah, Lunar New Year theme things: Tying stuffs to a bamboo tree, the swallow birds, the rooster, sweet food, plus the mai and đào flower.

Last edited by Jen; 02-02-2017, 03:06 PM.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

• TheCountAlucard
        • Nov 2013

By the way, Jen, feel free to share the pic you did for me of the Pearl Lord here. You should be proud of it.

He/him

Comment

• Kashi
          • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Jen View Post

His cloth is not as fantasy as I would have like, probably gonna redraw again in the future.

And oh yeah, Lunar New Year theme things: Tying stuffs to a bamboo tree, the swallow birds, the rooster, sweet food, plus the mai and đào flower.

Feel free to experiment all you want! I love the contrast with the skin tone and hair. Reminds me of one adventure where he was forced to dress up to go to Yu-Shan. Brought back some fun memories!

My Map of Third Edition Creation in a First Edition Style, (3E Locations Only) (1E, 2E, 3E Amalgam)​

My DeviantArt, where I post some Exalted stuffs.

Comment

• Jen
            • Nov 2013

Trường Ca, Starry Jade Rabbit of Longevity.

I'm having a bit of an art block at the moment since I can't find any good armor designs for Vovivat's character, so I drawn something homebrew to maybe conjure up some creative energy in my brain ~

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

• Jen
              • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Sundance View Post
              He's got standard Chayan coloring,
              I have never read the Compass:East book, do you mind giving me some info on what Chaya is (or more specifically, what kind of real world cultures do they take inspiration from).

Originally posted by Volivat View Post
              Was hoping to be lucky enough to have you draw my character

He is from Randan (West characteristics, black hair, golden/bronze tan around 1.9M tall).
              Do you have a more detail description ? Since right now I only have his hair/skin color, height and where he's from, not exactly a lot for me to work with...
              Last edited by Jen; 03-04-2017, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• Volivat
                • Dec 2014

Jen

sorry for the late reply

He has an athletic build, decently handsome man with hard eyes. Twillight, sorcerer (demon summoner), expert swordsman. Noble from Randan in exile in the dreaming seas region.

For the look of the character I find these three to give a decent idea of his face and head

http://kejablank.deviantart.com/art/...ncer-204752377 (good for the idea of his body shape in addition to face)

http://kejablank.deviantart.com/art/...ence-396486474 (face)

http://sammi666.deviantart.com/art/Assassin-440700004 (eyes)

Let me know what more you want in details?

Comment

• Boston123
                  • May 2016

I've got one I'd respectfully like to play around with.

Mortal, male, tall and muscular. Hundred Kingdoms-equivalent of a knight/samurai. Descendant of Wyld-Touched, with wolf's-fur-hair and wolf-eyes (yellow). Skintone is....khaki? Dark beige? Darker than the Hundred-Kingdoms nobility, which is itself Vaneha-related (so, East Asian Mukokuseki). Wields a spear, a sword, a composite bow, and wears mail and a shield.

Comment

• L'het'esh
                    • Oct 2014

ah, kasai gets a visual....

Like my Avatar? Courtesy of Jen! : Anybody want their characters to be experimented on ? post 98
                    An Exalt is never unarmed.

Comment

• Boston123
                      • May 2016

Originally posted by L'het'esh View Post
                      ah, kasai gets a visual....
                      I think he is the only character in my Quest thread that I've actually given physical features for.

Comment

• Jen
                        • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Volivat View Post

sorry for the late reply

He has an athletic build, decently handsome man with hard eyes. Twillight, sorcerer (demon summoner), expert swordsman. Noble from Randan in exile in the dreaming seas region.

For the look of the character I find these three to give a decent idea of his face and head

http://kejablank.deviantart.com/art/...ncer-204752377 (good for the idea of his body shape in addition to face)

http://kejablank.deviantart.com/art/...ence-396486474 (face)

http://sammi666.deviantart.com/art/Assassin-440700004 (eyes)

Let me know what more you want in details?
                        Is he Greek-esque in apperance ? Since I see hoplite armor in your previous post.

Also, I plan to have him helmet-less so I would like to know whether he has long or short hair.

Comment

• Volivat
                          • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Jen View Post

Is he Greek-esque in apperance ? Since I see hoplite armor in your previous post.

Also, I plan to have him helmet-less so I would like to know whether he has long or short hair.

Yes, spartan-esque if you want to be really specific. Short hair kinda like the first picture or a bit shorter.

Comment

• Jen
                            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Sundance View Post
                            I've got a character I'd ask to be drawn up, if it wouldn't be took much trouble.

He's Peacebringer Ov, a Resistance Supernal Dawn Caste from Chaya. He's got standard Chayan coloring, like the white-blonde hair and purple eyes, though he's a little short for a Chayan, something like 5'9". He's young, around 17, and physically not all that imposing, though he does carry around a green jade Reaper Daiklaive (Tranquility Ascending) on his hip. I don't see him looking especially muscular or athletic, though he might be all muscle under his robes. He's reasonably attractive, in a fresh-faced way (Appearance 3), and tends to wear the clothing typical of Chayans, with tidy, simple yellow and white robes. He wears his waist-length hair pulled back into a ponytail high on the back of his head.

Personality-wise, he's generally very gentle, optimistic, and polite. He comes off as very innocent and wide-eyed most of the time, smiling and simple and ignorant about the world; he sees his purpose as bringing peace to the good people of Creation and death to evil ones. He's almost entirely fearless, because he subconsciously believes himself to be all but indestructible, due to his heap of Resistance charms. However, when he decides that something needs to be destroyed, he draws on his memories of Chayan berserk rage to make himself an inchoate murder engine (Bloodthirsty Sword-Dancer Spirit), slicing down everything in his path. I don't know how it would be possible to represent those two sides of him in picture form, but maybe you have some ideas.
                            Weeeeell, you didn't specify what Tranquility Ascending's Evocations are so I have to use generic glowy green things....

Comment

• Sundance
                              • Apr 2016

Hey, lookie there. Thanks much! I haven't bought any Evocations for him yet, but perhaps I can use this for inspiration.

Comment

• angelicshadow
                                • Jun 2016

Ooo subscribing to your thread Jen! So many cool costume details! I look forward to browsing through here more in-depth later.

If you do come out of hiatus with this, I'd LOVE to see what you might do with my Eclipse gal, Kalara. Her reference sheet is here.

YAY more Exalted arts! This makes me so happy! <3
                                Last edited by angelicshadow; 05-05-2017, 09:13 PM.

My Exalted Art | My Exalted Fanfiction

Comment

Working...