Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hero (Quest)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hero (Quest)

    Twelve year old Svante Visscher dreams of becoming one of Creation’s greatest heroes. When Fate comes for him, he discovers being a hero isn’t at all what he expected….
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Updates Mondays and Thursdays (Most of the time)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




















































    You are surrounded.

    Around you are the enemies of creation. Fair Folk, twisted by the Wyld. Barbaric Lunars, heart’s blood running down their faces. Their Armies of undead ghosts behind them. A lesser man would flee in terror in front of such a host of enemies.

    You just smile and draw your katana.

    The ghostly army charges. You easily cut down any that dare approach you. With the instinct of a seasoned warrior you turn and see the Lunar behind you. His caste sign is shining on his forehead.

    “Come at me, bro,” you say. The lunar roars and charges….

    Slam!

    You jerk awake. For a moment, you are confused about where you are. You look around and realize that you are in History Class.

    “You fell asleep again, boy. “ Your teacher towers over you, his feathers ruffled. Your classmates, the various god blooded children who live in Downtown Yu-Shan, giggle and whisper about you.

    The owl god picks up the book he dropped on the floor by your desk. “Now that everyone is awake, let us continue our discussion on Shogun…”

    There is a knock at the door. “What now?” The owl goes to answer, annoyed at the interruption. “Excuse me for a moment, children. Open your books to page 345 and read the section on Order-Conferring Trade Pattern and its influence on Shogunate Policies today.” The teacher leaves the room and closes the door behind him.

    As soon as the door is shut, everyone jumps out of their seats and goes to listen at the door. You try to get close enough to hear, but can’t make much out. Something about “Maidens” and “Miscalculation of" Something Something "Exaltation”.

    You don’t get to hear anything else as you get push further away from the door by a stronger god blooded child. “Move out of the way, Mortal.” Pissed, you step away from your asshole classmates.

    You stand there for a moment, feeling like an idiot and then realize that this is your chance to make your escape. Yes, you’ll get in trouble, but that has never stopped you before.

    Where do you go?
    • Be a good boy and wait for your teacher to return.... Ha! Like that is going to happen!
    • The open air market near the Gate of the Imperial City. You loved watching the coming and going from Blessed Isle.
    • This awesome abandon building you found in the Slums. It has all sort of neat stuff to practice your martial arts moves on.
    • Head for the air duct and see if you can listen in on the adults. No one tells you anything, so you have to find out for yourself.
    • Other
    OOC:
    I’m jumping on the bandwagon and starting my own quest thread! This is a concept I’ve been wanting to play around with, but I doubt it will fit in any game. Instead I figured it would make a fun Quest plot line.

    Also, feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer from the point of view of the character.
    Last edited by wonderandawe; 10-24-2016, 10:15 AM.


    Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

    The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

  • #2
    For now sneak into the air duct. If the maidens made a miscalculation that HAS to be interesting and worth listening in on. Besides, I need to hear more about this than that jerk who shoved me out of the way just on principle. Afterwards though I should use that air duct to sneak out and check out the abandoned building. So much better than going back to class.

    (So what am I doing in Yu-shan? have I always lived here? Do I have family here and if so who are they?)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Caladon View Post
      (So what am I doing in Yu-shan? have I always lived here? Do I have family here and if so who are they?)
      (You have always lived in Yu-Shan. As for family, you are being raised by a Goddess whom you call "Nanny". She is the Goddess of Troublesome Children with Good Hearts who takes the form of a Anthromorphic Nanny Goat. She works for the Bureau of Humanity but is on loan to the Bureau of Destiny. For a twelve year old boy, you know a lot about the workings of the Celestial Bureaucracy.

      When you ask about your family, she tells you a different story each time. Once your parents might be smugglers who died a horrible death at sea. Another time, you mother was a heroic dragonblood who died saving her brotherhood from anathema. All stories end with the death of your parents and each story ends with her saying "Aren't I family enough for you?" Tears fill her goat eyes and you feel bad. Usually you go bring her a bouquet of Morning Glories to make her feel better. She likes the taste of those best. )


      Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

      The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Caladon View Post
        For now sneak into the air duct. If the maidens made a miscalculation that HAS to be interesting and worth listening in on. Besides, I need to hear more about this than that jerk who shoved me out of the way just on principle. Afterwards though I should use that air duct to sneak out and check out the abandoned building. So much better than going back to ....
        This, I think it is a good choice.


        Also, look at the exalted fan collection that we are making.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm encouraging violence in one quest and deception in another, so...

          Air ducts! Develop your stealth skills! Practice assasinating rats!


          On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

          Avatar by K.S. Brenowitz

          Comment


          • #6
            Air duct and listening, yes.

            Comment


            • #7
              John McClane it up; into the air ducts.


              Mouse monk riding a tiny pig avatar courtesy of the very talented forumite Jen!

              Jen's original portrayal of Mouse Monk, featuring some human or other named Tybalt Farwander.

              Comment


              • #8
                While your classmates are eavesdropping at the door, you know a better place to go to hear what is going on. You slip away to the small bathroom in the back of the classroom. Climbing up onto the sink you open the grate that leads to the building ventilation ducts. You hoist yourself up into the duct and awkwardly close the swinging grate behind you.

                It’s a tight fit. You were always small for your age, but you have grown a few inches in the past months, finally hitting your growth spurt. As you crawl through the air ducts, you unhappily realize that soon you will be too big to eavesdrop from the air ducts.

                You do not have to crawl for long before you hear the voices of your teacher and a stranger.

                “…dragging him though the Wyld in the wake of a violent rebellion” says the stranger.

                Teacher replies, “I still do not like this. The boy is too young…” You wonder which boy they are going to be dragging though the Wyld. You hope that it is that asshole bully that pushed you out of the way.

                “Are you questioning the will of the Maidens?” the stranger asks. In the silence that follows the stranger’s words you can hear your teacher ruffle his feathers.

                “I’ll get the boy for you.” You hear footsteps as the owl walks back towards the classroom. The stranger says nothing as he waits for the teacher to return. Suddenly you hear the door slam and footsteps running back.

                “He’s gone! None of the other students know where he went!” the owl says. You have a sudden realization that you are the one that they are going to be dragging though the Wyld!

                What do you do now?
                • Continue heading towards the abandoned building. It would make a good hiding place.
                • Go home to Nanny. Nanny won’t let anything happen to you.
                • Head for the nearest Gate to the Blessed Isle and get out of Yu Shan.
                • Stowaway on an airship headed towards the edges of Yu-Shan and take one of the Gates to the Threshold.
                • Other
                Extra Credit! You are sick of everyone calling you “Boy”. You have a name, they should use it. What’s your name?
                • Akachi, a name common in the deserts of the Southern name meaning “Hand of God”
                • Wakato , a name common on both the Blessed Isle and the River Provinces meaning “Young”
                • Kamon , a name common in the Islands of the West meaning “heart and mind”
                • Svante , a name common in the Icy Tundras of the North, meaning “Sacred”
                • Quidel , a name common in the Jungles of the East, meaning “Burning Torch”
                • None of those are my name! My name is....
                OOC: I tried to give you better choices this time. Also, if your option isn't winning, still speak up! The second most chosen option might still come in play!
                Last edited by wonderandawe; 04-17-2015, 03:54 PM.


                Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

                The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Aiming for more stealthy play, being a stowaway sounds good.

                  "Wakato" is a nice name.


                  On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

                  Avatar by K.S. Brenowitz

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I like Svante. If it doesn't look like it will win, I use Fate magic to change my vote to Quidel.

                    I'd say it's likely that there is no misunderstanding and that we have an accurate idea of what's going on. Let's run away to the Blessed Isle, since we've been there already and have an idea what it looks like.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Stowaway on the airship and think up a plan...gonna have to be something good if I want to sneak through a gate (they are all guarded by celestial lions right? if no lion guards then i vote gate)

                      Also I vote Svante. I can't help saying it dramatically in my head

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Some more details:

                        You are pretty well traveled compared to the rest of your classmates. While most of them don't like to visit Creation because it's "Dirty" you have visited the many important cities and sights throughout both the Blessed Isle and the Threshold. As you are living in Downtown Yu-Shan, you are most familiar with the Blessed Isle.

                        There are Celestial Lions at all of the Gates, but as a citizen of Yu-Shan, you can pretty much come and go as you please. Though you have never traveled though the gate without an adult.
                        Last edited by wonderandawe; 04-17-2015, 01:04 PM.


                        Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

                        The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          We've visited the Blessed Isle, and it's far from the Wyld... I say the nearest gate it is!

                          We are Akachi.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            We are tied between Stowaway to the Threshold and Head to the Nearest Gate. I'll wait and see if someone posts overnight and continue the story tomorrow morning.


                            Are you ready to rage? Discover if you are Brave Enough to fight for the soul of the world.

                            The Werewolf: the Apocalypse Quest updates on Mondays. All are welcome to vote.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Okay, Kamon, you could probably disappear into the Threshold more easily since heaven's reach is weaker there, but could you reach those gates before anyone thinks to alert the Celestial Lions? Let's hurry to one of the twelve gates to the Blessed Isle, and make use of your familiarity.

                              But carefully, since you might be known there too. What can you do to avoid being tracked?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X