Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want your 3E character drawn?

CLOSED

Hey people. I have time to waste today so i thought i'd doodle some of peoples character concepts for EX3. Could use the practice and i know that so many don't have visual representations of their characters.

Only one drawing per person. It'll be quick colored doodles like these of my own character.
    Also, have some patience. I'm not all that quick.

Last edited by ThatSmellyGoblin; 04-23-2015, 07:26 PM.

Amateur drawsmith

Those look very good in comparison to how roughly they've been made. I'll deposit my 2-years and going characters description here in case you can throw together something you'd like to draw from him.

Janus Ibn Arim Al-Ranui, The Star Stealing Scholar

A twilight caste solar, Janus hails form the south, from area known as Varang City-States. His facial features are somewhat typical to the region, with an arabic look, black hair, anchor-shaped goatee and thin moustache. His large nose and badly weather-beaten skin effctively make him appearance one, hovewer. He spends most of his time on the field in an jadeborn-made medium artefact armor that essentially functions as power armor or an exoskeleteon, and althought it has a helmet with a breathing mask and an essence scrying visor, he lets it hang on his belt until its functions are needed.

On his legs he always wears a pair of heavy boots made of lfexible first-age alloys that allow him to hoverskate at will. He's armed with a pair of Plasma Tongue Repeaters and a pair of lace-like gossamer fighting gauntlets. On leisure time, when not working his laboratory and his acidic snail farm, he has a suit of clothing that can transform to any form, but prefers dark, silver and creme-lined high-collared military robes that resemble buff jackets. Despite being from the lighter-skinned region of the south his skin is very bronze thanks to the time he spent clinging to his life in the desert and his constant use of Invulnerable Skin of Bronze.

Edit; Completely forgot to mention a shifting cloak, a cloack made of chameleon fabric. D'oh.
    Last edited by Star Stealing Scholar; 04-23-2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Xol, sorcerous con-artist.
      Medium height and lean, with pale, deep-set eyes and the unlined face of a young man. His hair is like the fur of a polar bear - it appears to be white, but the strands are actually transparent. His ears taper a bit, but aren't quite pointed.

Clothing-wise, he could feasibly be dressed in anything, since he takes on any number of roles for his con-jobs, but he'll often dress in finery befitting one of the nobler families of An-Teng. No obvious armor or weapons.

He's a Night Caste, by the way.
      Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 04-23-2015, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Mostly just a concept at this point but I am working on a Chinese pirate captain, mostly bald with a long ponytail coming out of the top of his head. Bare chested, loincloth or pantaloons, and heavily tattooed with mystical designs. Likely sword and throwing knives as his weapons and able to climb, fight, balance on his ships deck in even the heaviest seas. Mostly waiting for the rules to come out to see what is possible. Hoping the tattoos can provide some defense benefits or something cool to justify the lack of armor
        Last edited by Amdramnar; 04-23-2015, 10:09 AM.

while (horse.state == dead)
        {
        beat();
        }

Comment

I do have a Buddhism nun bluesid that I have always wanted to play, haven't thought of a name for her yet, but I do have a rough description in my head.

She's a Serenity hailed from the Blessed Isle so her skin is a color of light-ist yellow with some pink shade throw in the mix, a moderate facial structure i.e not too long and angular nor too round-ish and chubby. Have a straight pink long hair that reach her back in length, she styles her hair simple, a swept bang and two long sidelock. Mostly have a calm and motherly demeanor despise looking like a teenager. And I would love it if you can make her...ahem.....pink kesa look good.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Character unnamed yet, but a Dawn Caste Solar I plan to build once the game gets out.

A tall, lean and wiry man - all muscle and sinew. Tan-skinned, with thin, angular features, and long, black hair that he keeps in a ponytail. His features are either Caucasian (as in, from the actual Caucasus peninsula) or Uralic - I have no idea where in Creation similar people might be found. Stoic, almost empty dark eyes and a frightening mess of scars all over his visible skin. He's wearing, I imagine, a light-weight scale or lamellar armour, with some worn clothes over and underneath. His weapon is a long narrow, straight sword with a gleaming orichalcum inscription running through the middle of the blade. He's also got a bandoleer full of knives.
            Last edited by Morty; 04-23-2015, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Star Stealing Scholar View Post
              Those look very good in comparison to how roughly they've been made. I'll deposit my 2-years and going characters description here in case you can throw together something you'd like to draw from him.

Janus Ibn Arim Al-Ranui, The Star Stealing Scholar

A twilight caste solar, Janus hails form the south, from area known as Varang City-States. His facial features are somewhat typical to the region, with an arabic look, black hair, anchor-shaped goatee and thin moustache. His large nose and badly weather-beaten skin effctively make him appearance one, hovewer. He spends most of his time on the field in an jadeborn-made medium artefact armor that essentially functions as power armor or an exoskeleteon, and althought it has a helmet with a breathing mask and an essence scrying visor, he lets it hang on his belt until its functions are needed.

On his legs he always wears a pair of heavy boots made of lfexible first-age alloys that allow him to hoverskate at will. He's armed with a pair of Plasma Tongue Repeaters and a pair of lace-like gossamer fighting gauntlets. On leisure time, when not working his laboratory and his acidic snail farm, he has a suit of clothing that can transform to any form, but prefers dark, silver and creme-lined high-collared military robes that resemble buff jackets. Despite being from the lighter-skinned region of the south his skin is very bronze thanks to the time he spent clinging to his life in the desert and his constant use of Invulnerable Skin of Bronze.

Edit; Completely forgot to mention a shifting cloak, a cloack made of chameleon fabric. D'oh.
              That's not a new concept for EX3. I'm looking for budding new concepts, not characters you've had years of solidifying a mental image of.

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
              Xol, sorcerous con-artist.
              Medium height and lean, with pale, deep-set eyes and the unlined face of a young man. His hair is like the fur of a polar bear - it appears to be white, but the strands are actually transparent. His ears taper a bit, but aren't quite pointed.

Clothing-wise, he could feasibly be dressed in anything, since he takes on any number of roles for his con-jobs, but he'll often dress in finery befitting one of the nobler families of An-Teng. No obvious armor or weapons.

He's a Night Caste, by the way.
              Here ya go.

Amateur drawsmith

Comment

Originally posted by ThatSmellyGoblin View Post
                That's not a new concept for EX3. I'm looking for budding new concepts, not characters you've had years of solidifying a mental image of.
                To be fair, we've been waiting years for Ex3.

Here ya go.
                Thankee.

Comment

Originally posted by Amdramnar View Post
                  Mostly just a concept at this point but I am working on a Chinese pirate captain, mostly bald with a long ponytail coming out of the top of his head. Bare chested, loincloth or pantaloons, and heavily tattooed with mystical designs. Likely sword and throwing knives as his weapons and able to climb, fight, balance on his ships deck in even the heaviest seas. Mostly waiting for the rules to come out to see what is possible. Hoping the tattoos can provide some defense benefits or something cool to justify the lack of armor
                  Caste? The drawing i'm doing wants a caste mark.

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                  To be fair, we've been waiting years for Ex3.
                  True, but there's a difference between a concept you've had for a while and a character you've invested playtime in. Also, i wanna do something for the EX3 hype. Caught it bad again myself.

Amateur drawsmith

Comment

True, but there's a difference between a concept you've had for a while and a character you've invested playtime in. Also, i wanna do something for the EX3 hype. Caught it bad again myself.
                    Fair enough. It's not any less 3E hype for me because we've taken the massive undertaking of converting our ongoing campaing and characters to the system, but I can understand not wanting to draw a character that's gone beyond the concept already. Can't necessarily say it's what I'd do but it's your project, you do whatever you want with it and have fun. No hard feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Amdramnar View Post

I'll make my dinner now. Coming back in a little while to continue
                      Last edited by ThatSmellyGoblin; 04-23-2015, 11:38 AM.

Amateur drawsmith

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
                        I do have a Buddhism nun bluesid that I have always wanted to play, haven't thought of a name for her yet, but I do have a rough description in my head.

She's a Serenity hailed from the Blessed Isle so her skin is a color of light-ist yellow with some pink shade throw in the mix, a moderate facial structure i.e not too long and angular nor too round-ish and chubby. Have a straight pink long hair that reach her back in length, she styles her hair simple, a swept bang and two long sidelock. Mostly have a calm and motherly demeanor despise looking like a teenager. And I would love it if you can make her...ahem.....pink kesa look good.
                        Here ya go Jen.

Amateur drawsmith

Comment

Deceitful Phoenix, a 30-something scoundrel from the Summer Mountains (think Polynesian). A twilight caste sorcerer who may be the most dangerous man in Creation because he actually Knows What's Going On. Dresses in a conical hat with a section cut out to show his eye, a long loose red robe embroidered with various inscrutable characters in gold thread, black hair in one long braid down his back, smiles all the time.

He's either my first character or he's going to be the antagonist in the first game I run- not entirely sure which yet.

Comment

Here ya go Jen.
                            Ooooh, using pink with yellow and orange will have that effect huh. Usually I will just throw 15 different shades of pink until the picture look good.........

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Hmmm.

Windborne Iris is a character I came up with as a 'new Night Caste' for 3E...

Pretty girl, kind of a Mongolian complexion and feature set, with the expected dark eyes and straight black hair. The latter's long, worn mostly loose with two ponytails tied high on the sides - the Tohsaka Rin look. Double-breasted tunic (one tie over the shoulder, no buttons), yellow or light green, with full sleeves. Tan pants, tucked into high black riding boots. Archer's black leather armguard on the left arm, bow in the same hand - composite, of course. In theory, the tunic and leatherwork would have a lot of fiddly embroidery, but that'd be ridiculous in a free practice sketch, but her people like geometric designs... maybe some kind of zigzag line going along the edges of the tunic and bracer, and the tops of the boots?

...I'm amused to note that I hadn't realized half of that until I started typing, so if nothing else this has been a useful exercise for me.
                              Last edited by Valles; 04-23-2015, 02:48 PM.

Iä! Iä! Moe fthagn!

Comment

Working...
                              X