Go tell it to Lookshy!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go tell it to Lookshy!

Lookshy is notorious for having various interpretations of its spartan-esque, warrior culture, many conflicting, both between and even within each edition. 3e will have the chance to have a consistent expression of it. So, assuming we're rebuilding it from scratch, which elements from past incarnations of Lookshy would you want to preserve? What new elements would you want to add?

Basically, how do you want Lookshy to be represented in 3E?

I liked the 1e version of it, pure and simple. the one described in Outcastes.

Comment

Being one of if not the most advanced, talented, and professional military cultures in Creation was kind of their thing. Lookshy needs to be a military that the players do not want to mess with because they have good enough equipment, training, discipline, and just enough DB's to crush your Solars army and send his Exaltation off to find a new host if you screw up.

Comment

Precisely, and they're equally great to play a part of in a DB game. the underdog with the skill to stand up to the Realm. Or as the Realm, a terrifying foe that is still not Anathema.

Comment

I'd like to see it as written by Eric Minton. Luckily, I do!

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
            I'd like to see it as written by Eric Minton. Luckily, I do!
            Can we see it written by Eric Minton? Maybe in the next spoiler update?

Masters of the Industrial Elements
            Upon the Rock of Tradition: The Memorial Exalted
            Ghosts: A Revision (2nd Edition)
            The Underworld (3rd Edition)
            ​From The Crucible: Crafting As A Struggle

Comment

So, TDO, how is Minton writing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Locnil View Post
                I'm going to go out on a limb and guess he's using a keyboard of some type.

Developer for Exalted

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Lies. It's obvious he's using a quill, and will then use a Gutenberg press to copy it once it's done.

Sure, there's no way to canonically do it, but Exalted allows you to knee canon in the crotch and rifle through its pockets to take what you need while it whimpers on the ground. - mockery

Comment

Darn, I was hoping for Cuneiform or Hieroglyphics!

Comment

Originally posted by Locnil View Post
                      This implies that I haven't written it already! Which would be wrong, because I've written it already. (576 words, just after Gentian and before Thorns.)

Developer for Exalted.

Comment

I look forward to seeing that.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

I have a question for you Mr Minton, have you ever served in any military, in any capacity? (Reserves, National Guard, or the equivalent counts as far as I'm concerned)

Comment

Originally posted by Dulahan View Post
                            Darn, I was hoping for Cuneiform or Hieroglyphics!
                            eh, IMO Rongorongo would have been more effective

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                              This implies that I haven't written it already! Which would be wrong, because I've written it already. (576 words, just after Gentian and before Thorns.)
                              Very good news!. My biggest worries were that Lookshy would become a whitewashed power fantasy, or a grimdark Alan Moore deconstruction. Or that it would seesaw between both without fully committing to either, trying to pass off inconsistency for complexity.

How much of that chapter is yours anyway?

Please add signature.

Comment

Working...
                              X