No announcement yet.

From Out of a Dream [Quest]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask about Joy of Metamorphosis. He ducked the first time, so he knows something. She (?) is not right

Like my Avatar? Courtesy of Jen! : Anybody want their characters to be experimented on ? post 98
    An Exalt is never unarmed.

Comment

• You open your mouth to speak, but your words are drowned out by a terrible explosion of many noises coming from somewhere behind you. The sounds of shaking earth, wood creaking and breaking, roaring wind, crackling fire, and rushing water merge into a terrible continuous drone that overwhelms your ears. Ahead of you, the peasants on the riverbanks are pointing towards the house and shouting, diving into the river, or running for the hills.

You let go of your bowl. It falls to the balcony with a strange slowness as you bolt up out of your chair. Ayumu starts to get up too, gradually turning around as the wine spills from his hands. His mouth moves, but no sound comes out. You bend and twist, trying to reach for Cleaver and face whatever is coming, but it feels like all of your muscles are spasming at once.

Something hits you like a great wave. You see the wooden deck and railing break apart and then crumble away into dust. Your view of the house and river blurs and fades away, replaced by an indistinct mass of fuzzy, many-colored fog. You are no longer standing on anything – you cannot tell if you are floating or falling, but there is no deck underneath you. Ayumu’s eyes meet yours. His mouth is open and his face has taken on a look of pure panic. As you watch, his entire body dissolves into smoke and golden sparks, starting around the edges and unraveling inwards like paper in fire.

You feel like something is tugging on you everywhere – every hair, every square inch of skin. The sensation of being pulled in all directions disorients you, but it also compels your mind to focus. You grit your teeth and close your fists, imagining the power of your Blessing holding you together. Your skin and muscles harden as if to stop a blade, and in an instant the tugging stops.

Sinking or rising through the gaseous soup, you try to collect yourself. Are you dead? Is this what dying feels like? On an impulse, you bite the inside of your cheek until you taste copper, then spit. Droplets of blood fall away from you and then turn into steam and songbirds before merging with the background of confusion. Part of you is relieved – you might be losing your mind, but at least you are sure that the dead don’t bleed.

You see all kinds of light and shadow. You hear singing, crickets chirping, metal clashing on metal, and silence. You smell cooked meat, old leather, incense, shit, and snow. You feel the touch of cold hands, warm stone, needles, and sticky rice. You taste… just blood, unless you open your mouth – then you taste wine, resin, rotten fruit, and dirt.

You drift through nothing, feeling everything.
      • Now what? (Open player challenge… What just happened, and how does Nergüi get out of it?)

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• That bastard used the Stone to blow a giant Wyld hole in the world.

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
        Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors

Comment

• >You have to get out of here. Jump off the balcony.

alternatively, if the Blessing is enough to prevent continuous damage from this effect...

>Head into it, find what caused it (ha ha, as if you can't already guess from this amazing coincidence of talking about a making-stone and then the world being rapidly re-made into a cauldron of hallucinogenic nightmares) and then introduce blade to face.

You should've known Himitsu would turn on you given how he treated his last employees. But then again Himitsu may not have known you could survive this better than he could survive your vengeance.

Time to make his ignorance come back to bite him.

"Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

"Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

Comment

• Look to see if you can find Nuo. If she isn't around, then try to find the source of the chaos.

I write things.

Comment

• Try to find Himitsu and also Joy and cut them into tiny, screaming pieces. Then take the Stone and keep it.

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.

Comment

• Get yourself a horse. Make a horse, if you have to.

Originally posted by Zelbinnean View Post
                Time to make his ignorance come back to bite him.
                Oh yes.

Comment

• Gather all our weapons. Make human- and faerie-detecting goggles, and awesome armor that doesn't restrict our movements. Then go kill Himitsu and Joy and take possession of the Stone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zelbinnean View Post
                    >You have to get out of here. Jump off the balcony.

alternatively, if the Blessing is enough to prevent continuous damage from this effect...

>Head into it, find what caused it (ha ha, as if you can't already guess from this amazing coincidence of talking about a making-stone and then the world being rapidly re-made into a cauldron of hallucinogenic nightmares) and then introduce blade to face.
                    The balcony is no more, and you're already deep in "it."

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by wonderandawe View Post
                      Look to see if you can find Nuo. If she isn't around, then try to find the source of the chaos.
                      I feel I should note that I am not finding Nuo* out of the goodness of my heart. When dealing with crazy magic created chaos, it's nice to have someone we can run faster than. In case any Wyld Monsters show up.

*Someone suggested that Nuo might be more than mortal, so she might still be around.

I write things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erinys View Post
                        Try to find Himitsu and also Joy and cut them into tiny, screaming pieces. Then take the Stone and keep it.
                        Why is the rum/wine gone? Bastards! Cut 'em to bits! no,
                        Hanging's too good for them. Burning's too good for them! They should be torn into little bitsy pieces and buried alive!

Like my Avatar? Courtesy of Jen! : Anybody want their characters to be experimented on ? post 98

Comment

• We are under attack from either Fair Folk (Joy) or the Stone of Making. Possibly Joy using the Stone of Making. We need to either leave the area of the effect, or disable it.
                          Begin to move through the fog, imagining what the environment looked like before and imposing our will that it return to that shape. Also imagine Ayumu as he was before (just to see if we can bring someone back, might as well start with a rich guy) as well as imagining and imposing any useful changes to our equipment- such as better armor or a horse as people have suggested.

I agree with trying to find Nuo for back-up, as well as someone who might be willing to hire or reward us. After that, prepare to deal with Himitsu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mushroom King View Post
                            ... After that, prepare to deal with Himitsu.
                            I vote for 'keep what you kill'. If we can kill Himtsu and put the world back, his place is now our place.

Comment

• Originally posted by L'het'esh View Post
                              I vote for 'keep what you kill'. If we can kill Himtsu and put the world back, his place is now our place.

Just like Morrowind! We need a place to stash our stuff.

I write things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mushroom King View Post
                                We are under attack from either Fair Folk (Joy) or the Stone of Making. Possibly Joy using the Stone of Making. We need to either leave the area of the effect, or disable it.
                                Begin to move through the fog, imagining what the environment looked like before and imposing our will that it return to that shape. Also imagine Ayumu as he was before (just to see if we can bring someone back, might as well start with a rich guy) as well as imagining and imposing any useful changes to our equipment- such as better armor or a horse as people have suggested.

I agree with trying to find Nuo for back-up, as well as someone who might be willing to hire or reward us. After that, prepare to deal with Himitsu.
                                Is it reasonable for Nergüi to know how to impose his will on the Wyld? Given his background, I don't really think so.

"Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

"Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

Comment

Working...
                                X