From Out of a Dream [Quest]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by L'het'esh View Post
    Same as last time: enter from the second floor and try to locate either Himetsu or Joy of Metamorposes to start the rampage of death. If they are together, let Nuo have her revenge on Himetsu (while we tackle the wrong thing) so she can learn for herself how pointless that is.
    But before anyone launches an attack we should find the Stone and make sure it can't be used as a weapon against us again.

"Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

"Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

Comment

• Stock up on iron arrows and knives. Are any of our main weapons iron?

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
      Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors

Comment

• Originally posted by Erinys View Post
        Stock up on iron arrows and knives. Are any of our main weapons iron?
        Already did that (also got an iron dagger for Nuo), and no. Wrought iron is brittle, compared to steel, and so you don't usually prefer to use iron when steel is available. All the weapons you have that aren't meant to be thrown away are made of steel or something more.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• (Ok, after one day of planning, this is all we've got:

* Stealthily enter the mansion (now?) via the second story and kill whoever you find first.
          * Steal the Stone of Making first.

Is everyone happy with that, or would any of you like to suggest alternatives or additions?)
          Last edited by semicasual; 09-10-2015, 09:58 AM.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• I'm good with the above plan.

I write things.

Comment

• (I have to say, that feels uncharacteristically direct. Normally I expect players to take a straight line and make it a squiggle.)

Comment

• ((I'm not good with strategizing but of those two ideas, I support stealing the Stone before any direct violence.))

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by semicasual View Post
                  (Ok, after one day of planning, this is all we've got:

* Stealthily enter the mansion (now?) via the second story and kill whoever you find first.

Is everyone happy with that, or would any of you like to suggest alternatives or additions?)
                  I'm fine with that. Really it's not like Himitsu's guards are gonna stand down. Fuck 'em.

...maybe we should've incited that riot after all.

"Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

"Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

Comment

(Ok, after one day of planning, this is all we've got:

Yeah, I'm good with that.

Also Nuo might feel like killing these two in their beds is unsatisfying, but I don't. If we get a chance to straight-up murder Joy (in particular), I say we do it. No interrogations or dramatic back-and-forth. She's a monster; put a cold iron dagger through her skull and be done with it. Himitsu might need to be made an example of, if we get the chance.

Share your wonders in The Artifact and Evocation Workshop

Comment

(I have to say, that feels uncharacteristically direct. Normally I expect players to take a straight line and make it a squiggle.)

((Well, I'm not expecting this plan to smoothly. Something is BOUND to go wrong. ))

I write things.

Comment

• Right, stabbing in sleep is perfectly fine. But if we can eliminate Joy and steal the Stone, Himitsu is basically defanged and we can afford to make a public spectacle of him for the mob's satisfaction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ferryman View Post

Yeah, I'm good with that.

Also Nuo might feel like killing these two in their beds is unsatisfying, but I don't. If we get a chance to straight-up murder Joy (in particular), I say we do it. No interrogations or dramatic back-and-forth. She's a monster; put a cold iron dagger through her skull and be done with it. Himitsu might need to be made an example of, if we get the chance.
                          This. Layoro and Svante may be heroes, Nergui does what he needs to do and drinks it away afterwards.

Comment

• Think we should enter in another way than last time. They must have guessed by now how someone entered and most likely prepared a trap there.

I would also say that getting the stone of making should be our first priority. We are tired of vengance, but that stone should not be left in their hands. Of course killing them in their sleep is one way to achieve that.

I think we are too tired to attack again tonight. But if we do not attack tonight we should give it two or three nights before we do so they might ket diwn their guard a bit.

Their best defence is to use the stone against us, so I think we should go to the strange area and get a better feel for dealing with its powers.
                            Last edited by TrueMonk; 09-11-2015, 02:47 AM.

Also, look at the exalted fan collection that we are making.

Comment

• There's so much unknown that's it's hard to play any way but to our strengths: surprise violence and graphic violence. We're up against a guy whose only real known capability is launching reality warping bombs. I agree with everyone else in going fast and hard. Grabbing the stone first seems like the only bit of finesse possible, but is still a good idea.
                              Also, loving the story .

Comment

• Sleep might be a good idea. But giving the enemy more time surely is not.

Comment

Working...
                                X