• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destroy the Stone

Somebody's got to be the one who said "I told you so."

Duly Elected Guild Hierarch of the Onyx Path Forums

http://northernfoxgames.com/

Comment

• Hide the Stone. Keeping it is dangerous; destroying it is senseless. Leaving it for anyone to find is both.

Comment

• The Stone used to be well guarded, but Himetsu found it and would have gotten it eventually. Hiding it is just letting the same thing happen again.

Something else. Try and see if it can be used to change the blob back to Creation, a large grassy field will do. If the Stone can be mastered, it will be a potent weapon against more xian, etc. Plenty of time to try and destroy it later, whether it is mastered or not.

Like my Avatar? Courtesy of Jen! : Anybody want their characters to be experimented on ? post 98
        An Exalt is never unarmed.

Comment

• “I’m keeping it,” you say without taking your eyes off the Stone. The interplay of colors, lights, and shadows within the crystal always shows you something new – lands, structures, tools, animals, plants, and stranger things that you lack the words to describe. “What else would I do?”

Nuo frowns and sets her jaw. “Destroy it. The Stone is a weapon beyond anyone’s understanding. All we’ve ever seen it do is tear holes in the world. Why would you ever want to hold onto something like that?”

“Because I believe it can do more,” you answer, letting your gaze sink deeper. It seems… the patterns are random, but have certain pieces that appear again and again. Fire, earth, wind, water, and wood… Everything in the Stone that has a recognizable shape is made of the five elements, as Mother taught you. Fragments of the five merge in very specific ways – but what makes them come together? Is it because you are looking at the pieces and imagining how they should fit? Would the Stone still do this if no one was watching?

“…I said, ‘How!?’” says Nuo, her voice rising. She puts her hand over the stone and pushes it down, blocking your view and disrupting your concentration. “What makes you think that this rock is anything other than a magical destroyer?”

Your gaze locks with hers. You gently take her by the wrist and remove her hand from the Stone. Then you hold the Stone up between you, directly in front of her face.

“Nuo, when you look inside the crystal… what do you see?”

Nuo seems taken aback, at first. She stares at the Stone for a long time, then she shrugs. “Nothing I can make out. Something is giving off light, but other than that it seems as though the stone is hollow. Why? What do you see?”

“…Many things. Anything I can think of. Some things I’ve never thought of.”

“Nergüi, you’re babbling. What are you talking about?”

“I need this Stone,” you declare. Another one of your impulses has struck, and you intend to follow it.

Nuo looks nonplussed. “Need it for what?”
          • “Riches.” All the silver and wine you could ever wish for are at your fingertips. You could retire in luxury for eternity, spontaneously making whatever you want whenever you want for anything.
          • “To help me on my way.” Finding a place for yourself in the world has not been easy – since your rightful place was taken from you, everywhere you went you had to struggle for everything. But with the Stone, the hazards of travel and the challenges of living in new places would be as nothing – you could go wherever you wished, without missing what you leave behind.
          • “To restore my people.” It’s the slimmest of hopes… but you’ll take any sliver of hope after these long years. You can bring them back. You can bring them all back, one at a time if you must, from your memories and your dreams.
          • “To make war against the xian.” The malevolent strangers beyond the edge of the world covet the Stone… at least, one of them did. Joy knew the Stone’s potential, and tried to kill you to protect it. She will not be the last, but with the Stone in your hands you have the means to take the fight to them.
          • “To become king.” What is a king, but one who is blessed by the gods with the power and the will to rule? You have always been strong, but with the Stone you can have money, manpower, weapons, fortresses – all you need to dominate these lands.
          • Something else? (Choose carefully – the next plot arc more or less entirely hinges on this decision)

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• "To help me on my way."

Comment

• "To restore my people."

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
              Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors

Comment

• “To make war against the xian.”
                • Something else? (Choose carefully – the next plot arc more or less entirely hinges on this decision)
                As said above, to get rid of the blob. To restore Creation. To make something, instead of the usual destruction.

Like my Avatar? Courtesy of Jen! : Anybody want their characters to be experimented on ? post 98
                An Exalt is never unarmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by L'het'esh View Post
                  • “To make war against the xian.”

As said above, to get rid of the blob. To restore Creation. To make something, instead of the usual destruction.
                  (I keep trying to think of a convenient way to work that in. I'll resolve it offscreen if nothing comes to me.)

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• To help me on my way. This stone can literally give you a clean slate.

(I really wanted to vote for To Become King, because Kingdom building is awesome. However, Nergui doesn't seem to be interested in leading anyone. )

I write things.

Comment

• (Since we all want something different maybe we need to give our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd preferences... here are mine: )

1. To Restore My People
                      2. To Help Me on My Way
                      3. either Riches or To Become King (although I'd want to be king of someplace less stupid and gods-hating than this filthy country)

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.

Comment

• 1. To Help Me on My Way
                        2. To Become King
                        3. To make war against the xian

I write things.

Comment

• Your people are gone, wiped from the world. It would be horrifying easy to recreate images of them and while away decades playing in memories. But we are alive, and we move ever forward.

The xian? We don't seek out war. At least when we're not paid to do so. Who cares what these monsters do so long as it doesn't affect us.

Riches? Riches would be a good way to help us on our way. So both of those things. Money and moving on.

Leave the blob as a reminder to the city to not harbor monsters. And yes you do mean that unironically.

"Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

"Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

Comment

• Originally posted by Zelbinnean View Post
                            Leave the blob as a reminder to the city to not harbor monsters. And yes you do mean that unironically.
                            ((Oh I like this. Better than fixing it. The blob is no threat to us.))

Comment

• Originally posted by Erinys View Post
                              ((Oh I like this. Better than fixing it. The blob is no threat to us.))

((I've been rereading the thread and the river that the town gets drinking water from runs though the Wyld Blob. It might be a good idea to fix it. ))

I write things.

Comment

• To Make Something that Lasts. I'm tired of just running away from the past. I want to run toward something, make something. Something better.

Share your wonders in The Artifact and Evocation Workshop

Comment

Working...
                                X