From Out of a Dream [Quest]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wonderandawe View Post
    ((I've been rereading the thread and the river that the town gets drinking water from runs though the Wyld Blob. It might be a good idea to fix it. ))
    ((Then if Nuo brings that up, she can try to persuade Nergui. We still need to avoid anyone else finding out about our Blessing.))

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
    Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors

Comment

• Nuo's father is the river god, right? There's an angle to play with.

Another is do we want Nuo, in any form or fashion? She has been annoying, but we don't do well with short lived mortals.
      However, if she wants to play sidekick, she has to remember who is boss.

Like my Avatar? Courtesy of Jen! : Anybody want their characters to be experimented on ? post 98
      An Exalt is never unarmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ferryman View Post
        To Make Something that Lasts. I'm tired of just running away from the past. I want to run toward something, make something. Something better.
        I'll second this one. Hardened and ruthless as he is, I can see Nergui being tired of always destroying, and wanting to create for a change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ferryman View Post
          To Make Something that Lasts. I'm tired of just running away from the past. I want to run toward something, make something. Something better.

I like this idea too, but what will we make?

I write things.

Comment

• It's okay if we haven't decided yet. We're new to this after all.

Comment

I like this idea too, but what will we make?
              I don't know what, but now I know how. I won't throw that away just because someone else used it poorly.

Share your wonders in The Artifact and Evocation Workshop

Comment

• Changing my vote:

1. Make Something that Lasts
                2. To Help Me on My Way
                3. To Become King

I write things.

Comment

• (If I'm reading this correctly, the majority votes in favor of "Something else: Make something that lasts."

What sort of a thing should we make? Excluding making a supermansion ["Riches"], a family ["To restore my people"], or a fiefdom ["to become king"], the first few things I can think of are...

* A Monument - In some ways, the worst part of your past is the forgetting of it. You remember, because you must, but for everyone else the eradication of the clans is just a footnote in their history. There should be some object, some kind of record to remind future generations of the past they choose to bury.

* Life - Where the land is rich, people prosper and grow strong. Where the land is poor, people fight for what little there is and grow mean. But you have the power to turn barren earth bounteous - perhaps you can help struggling people thrive?

* A haven - A home, a base of operations, a place where you can live without having to hide from hunters.

* Something else?)

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• ((I'm perfectly fine with building a kingdom. Bring on the One man Mongolian Horde! ))

I am going to Safe Haven and Life. Find some barren land where no one lives and build yourself a nice farm/base.

((And because Nergui is a PC, I doubt he will live out his three thousand year life as a farmer. ))

I suppose we can include a river or something for Nuo. She's annoying, but for some reason I like having her around.

((Of course, that depends on if Nuo wants to come with Nergui.))
                    Last edited by wonderandawe; 10-08-2015, 11:24 AM.

I write things.

Comment

• Actually, we come from a horse clan, so maybe raise horses? Breed the greatest line of horses Creation has ever seen. You can't bring your people back, but perhaps this will be a living memorial to honor their memory.

(I'll admit I interpreted "Restore my People" as "Use the Stone to make Sock Puppets looking like my Family", not "settle down, start a family, and pass on the traditions of my people." Nergui up to this point has been creeped out by woman younger than him. )
                      Last edited by wonderandawe; 10-08-2015, 11:50 AM.

I write things.

Comment

(I'll admit I interpreted "Restore my People" as "Use the Stone to make Sock Puppets looking like my Family", not "settle down, start a family, and pass on the traditions of my people." Nergui up to this point has been creeped out by woman younger than him. )
                        (If you'd like to "Make people, but don't try to make copies of people I knew", that's a fine goal too.)

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• ((Nergui doesn't know he can't truly bring back the dead, so let him try!))

A monument, and a stupendous herd of horses with awesome grazing land, are also good options. All of the land to the north is rightfully ours anyway. We would need some awesome giant dogs to defend the herds, too.

((Herds would definitely lead to wealth, so I'll amend my votes: ))

1. To Restore my People
                          2. To Make Something New (monument; or herds and good land and dogs)
                          3. To Help me on my Way
                          4. To Become King (of someplace better than this)
                          Last edited by Erinys; 10-08-2015, 12:14 PM.

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.

Comment

• Some of these things out on the plains might bring the priests back; not the same ones but ones from their order(s). How nice to have a Stone to deal with them!

Like my Avatar? Courtesy of Jen! : Anybody want their characters to be experimented on ? post 98
                            An Exalt is never unarmed.

Comment

• Revenge may be unsatisfying, but we never got the chance to kill any of those priests who started this.

Anwyay, if those priests go and get upset over every tomb and herd of horses, they must be very busy.

Comment

• Restoring your people from memory would be madness. Raising up a new people? Maybe that's worth looking into.

"Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

"Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

Comment

Working...
                                X