Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

From Out of a Dream [Quest]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IIRC the pearl only grants respect from terrestrial dieties not celestial which can help with the whole soul thing. I may be wrong.

    Comment


    • You're not wrong. It was stated earlier when we asked the old man that the pearl would not likely help in our discussions about our children.

      That said, it WOULD be nice to have. But so would our sword and armor... Worst decision ever.


      I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
      I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

      Comment


      • It's a difficult decision all around.

        So I am going to change my choice and go with Sword and Armor. It seems the most in character choice for Otgonbayar to make. Pearl and supplies should be second priority.


        I write things.

        Comment


        • Weapons and armor. We've done without money before, and the Pearl (though painful to leave behind) wasn't likely to be vital to our negotiations. Our gear is our livelihood, though.

          (Also, I knew we should've used a pseudonym! You can't trust city-folk.)


          Share your wonders in The Artifact and Evocation Workshop

          Comment


          • “Get my bags.” All your food, silver, and bank notes are in there
            Horse, armor and weapons can be bought. Hopefully the "some of it" includes the two jade swords, they or Vortex would be best for not killing the guards.


            Like my Avatar? Courtesy of Jen! : Anybody want their characters to be experimented on ? post 98
            An Exalt is never unarmed.

            Comment


            • (So, 2 votes for weapon/armor, 1 vote for bags. Is that correct?)


              On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

              Avatar by K.S. Brenowitz

              Comment


              • er, I'd actually like to change my vote to HORSE
                Earlier I said money (bags) would buy more weapons and armor.
                It's been said that with weapons and armor we can get more money.

                I was thinking the Pearl was important, but it's just a gift. The Horse is our creation with the Stone of Making, there is no replacing it.

                So, I guess it's 2 for weapons/armor and 1 for Mr Horsy


                Like my Avatar? Courtesy of Jen! : Anybody want their characters to be experimented on ? post 98
                An Exalt is never unarmed.

                Comment


                • "Get my sword... my armor..." you half-speak, half groan.

                  Nuo nods and turns to the big man. "Stock, come with me. Riche can keep watch. Otgonbayar, don't go anywhere," she says with just a hint of irony. Both of them walk out of the room and close the door behind them. As the door shuts, the room falls dark. You close your eyes to rest them and let yourself drift away.


                  Some time later that day - or, possibly, the following day - Nuo shakes you awake. "Hey, wake up" she calls, softly. "We need to talk."

                  You open your eyes and squint. A few lamps give the room more illumination than it had before. Nuo is kneeling next to you, with a familiar hilt and scabbard over one shoulder. Stock is just coming through the door, carrying something clanky in a large sack. You give your head a shake and try to blink away your drowsiness. "Nuo? Did you -"

                  "Yes, I did," Nuo interrupts. "Here." She takes off her hat, letting her hair fall over her face. She drags Cleaver off her back and over your legs. "I can see why you wanted this - swords like these are irreplaceable." Then the hat goes back on and the hair is tucked back in place.

                  Stock hauls his sack over to you and unceremoniously drops it on the floor. The contents clatter when they hit the ground and spill a little out of the bag, revealing your brigandine. "This 'ere, then, 's patched-up rubbish," he grumbles. "Dunno why we bothered, 's like to fall apart soon as someone 'its it. You know, you got three 'oles in it?"

                  "I know," you grumble back.1

                  Stock takes a long sniff and spits on the floor. Nuo studiously ignores him. “How are you doing?” she asks. There is a trace of urgency in her voice.

                  “Better.” You shift yourself around on the bags to relieve the stiffness. “Is there a problem?”

                  Nuo purses her lips. “It’s more that there’s a window of opportunity that will close soon. The job I told you about? The cargo will be shipped out at the end of the week. That gives us five days to get everything we need, and we’ll need at least two for the barge…” Nuo sighs. “I don’t know how your ‘blessing’ works, but will you be strong enough to fight in that time?”

                  You shrug. “Should be.”

                  “Well, that will have to do.” Nuo turns away and calls through the door. “Riche! Will you step in for a moment?”

                  The smaller man edges around the doorway and stays close to it, saying nothing. Nuo picks up one of the lamps and sets it down on an empty patch of floor. Then she pulls a piece of chalk from some unseen pocket and starts scratching marks on the spot.

                  “Everyone gather around,” says Nuo without looking up. “Boys, I know you’ve seen this before, but Otgonbayar hasn’t, and some things have changed.”

                  You carefully get to your feet and stand behind Nuo, looking down at her crude map. Riche and Stock stand on the other side of it, forming two more points of a triangle. “Now," she continues, pointing at a large square on her sheet. "This is Yan Warehouse No. 3. It's a short walk from her to the Nighthammer pool and docks, and right now it's full of armed guards we need to get rid of and boxes we want to steal.

                  The essentials are, we get rid of the guards and then carry as much as we can here," she points at a pair of lines and several small rectangles, "to a waiting barge. We load up and go from there directly out of the city. Our contact will meet us on the shore - there will be a signal fire - to make the exchange. Again, we have five days to make any preparations we need before the hit, including however long it takes to procure shipping, and our contact will need at least one day's notice.

                  The less attention we draw, the better. The biggest challenge, naturally, will be the guards. We can't have them raise any alarms or running for reinforcements. Any suggestions?"

                  Her question is directed at you. How do you answer?
                  • Fake a drill. If you trick the guards into leaving the area somehow, you can empty the warehouse temporarily. Maybe with falsified orders?
                  • Make a distraction. Some kind of emergency could get some of the guards to leave… a riot would work…
                  • Kill them all. Risky, but if there's no one left alive to interfere you'll have all the time in the world to take what you need.
                  • Something else?
                  1
                  You didn’t make time to have it fixed.


                  On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

                  Avatar by K.S. Brenowitz

                  Comment


                  • A drill might make the guards wary.
                    A distraction is tricky, hired men may ignore it, as they aren't getting paid for it.

                    Kill them all might bring this Emmissary everybody seemed worried about.
                    Club them all unconscious would be better, but Nuo didn't recover either Reaching Fist (or Vortex).
                    Guess it's fighting time.


                    Like my Avatar? Courtesy of Jen! : Anybody want their characters to be experimented on ? post 98
                    An Exalt is never unarmed.

                    Comment


                    • Pay someone to cause a commotion. Hire a few drunken fools to start a fight with the guards.



                      I write things.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by L'het'esh View Post
                        A drill might make the guards wary.
                        A distraction is tricky, hired men may ignore it, as they aren't getting paid for it.

                        Kill them all might bring this Emmissary everybody seemed worried about.
                        Club them all unconscious would be better, but Nuo didn't recover either Reaching Fist (or Vortex).
                        Guess it's fighting time.
                        I thought Cleaver was the only weapon left behind, and we still had all the others? Are we really down to just one big sword and two little swords?

                        I like the riot idea. We just have to make sure the rioters are heading straight for them...

                        Comment


                        • (With Cleaver back, you have all your weapons... but not much else.

                          2 votes for Distraction, 1 for killing. Anyone else want to weigh in? Remember, if you don't like the selection then you can choose "Something else?")


                          On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

                          Avatar by K.S. Brenowitz

                          Comment


                          • Well, if we have Fist, I'm actually for beaning the guards. If they are mortals, it might kill them anyway, but at least it's not lopping them in two! plus we probably have the range advantage. oh well.


                            Like my Avatar? Courtesy of Jen! : Anybody want their characters to be experimented on ? post 98
                            An Exalt is never unarmed.

                            Comment


                            • I agree with l'het'esh

                              Comment


                              • Combination: if we can fake a distraction or other way to draw at least some of the guards away, let's do that first. If they're professionals at least some of them will be left behind...but that means less killing, and a smaller number of them to deal with personally. We take them down quickly, quietly, preferably nonlethally. Then we abscond with the loot.

                                It's a flexible plan, which is good because I sincerely doubt that anything we try with these amateurs is going to come off without complications.


                                Share your wonders in The Artifact and Evocation Workshop

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X