From Out of a Dream [Quest]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can't drink revenge.

I suppose if we went to the Wyld we could try to drink revenge, but that sounds like work.

I write things.

Comment

• But if we're paid for revenge, then we can buy drinks!

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
      Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors

Comment

• Exactly! Win Win situation!

I write things.

Comment

• Although the water spirit didn't really do much to us. It scared us and we had to take some effort to cut the wall open, but it wasn't going to kill us. Apparently.

Then again it did insult us. Not a big deal, be we should smack it a bit.
          Last edited by Erinys; 07-07-2015, 01:40 PM.

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.

Comment

• Drop a coin in the bowl. Just in case.

Duly Elected Guild Hierarch of the Onyx Path Forums

http://northernfoxgames.com/

Comment

• >Study the floor. Which would be easier without all this water. Damn it.

"Chicanery-No: If a player uses this Charm in an abusive or exploitative manner, the ST may punch him right in the goddamn face." --TheDementedOne

"Happiness is very brittle and short-lived in the Exalted community, because ressentiment is our cultural touchstone." --Gayo

Comment

• Study the floor. Probably a helpful mosaic down there.....

Like my Avatar? Courtesy of Jen! : Anybody want their characters to be experimented on ? post 98
                An Exalt is never unarmed.

Comment

• Study the floor. There's fancy shit on the walls and on the ceiling, so why not the floor too?

Comment

• You decide you give the whole room a good going-over, starting with the statue.Tapping on it in various places tells you that it’s hollow – this is a shell, not solid metal. You try to twist, turn, and tug on the arms, the head, and other protruding bits, but the statue doesn’t seem to have any moving parts. Rotating the statue on the plinth, and then the entire plinth, doesn’t work in either direction.

You pick up the bowl off the plinth and look at it – it’s shaped clay, painted a bluish-green color, and there’s nothing clearly special about it. Before you put it back down, you think you spot something odd about the stone of the plinth where the bowl was resting. Running your fingers over the spot, you find a small section of the marble that is a hairsbreadth lower than the surrounding stone. You press on it, and it sinks a little further. You put the bowl back down on the spot, pushing it down, and again you feel the rock give way. Nothing else in the room changes that you can detect, however, and when you take your hand off the bowl you can hear a soft scraping sound under it – the slab has risen back into place.

Moving away from that for the moment, you get down on your knees and start checking out the floor. The water is too dirty for you to see through easily, so you have to do most of the checking by feel. The floor is made of stone – more marble, probably – polished smooth. It’s divided up into big square tiles, each one about two feet on a side. You don’t feel any mosaics or other decoration that change the floor texture.

In the center of the room, you find a few spots where the usual tile pattern breaks up. Moving from the doorway towards the statue, there is one tile that is larger than the surrounding ones. Two more ahead of it – each about an arm’s length away from the big tile and shoulder-width apart from each other – are smaller, a little bigger than your hands. All three of them give way a bit when you push on them.

Struck by a thought, you stand up and grab the floating mat. The mat is rectangular and made of some kind of woven black fibers that don’t have the texture of any grass or reed you know. Moving back to the middle of the room, you push it under the water. Given some room for error (since the mat keeps trying to float up and won’t stay still in your hands), it seems that the big tile and the mat are about the same size.

The pieces are coming together in your head. You have an idea what you’re supposed to do here, and that is…
                    • Try to use the mechanism to open the door. (OPEN PLAYER CHALLENGE! What is the mechanism in the Resting Place, and how is Nergüi meant to use it?)
                    • Hack the door. You hate puzzles, you hate people who think puzzles make good locks, and most of all you hate mucking around trying to figure out this crap while there might be treasure a few sword-cuts away.
                    • Go somewhere else. You’d like to think on this some more, and in the meantime check out another area.
                    • Something else?

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• Hack the door. You hate puzzles, you hate people who think puzzles make good locks, and most of all you hate mucking around trying to figure out this crap while there might be treasure a few sword-cuts away.
                      Fuck puzzles.

Last edited by wonderandawe; 07-08-2015, 01:15 PM.

I write things.

Comment

F***ing clever people and their... smug cleverness.

Comment

• Try to use the mechanism.

Kneel on the big tile, put your hands on the two smaller tiles, then, uh... push down the bowl with your face? You didn't think that far, and now you're out of hands.

Comment

• Put something heavy in the bowl that is not
                            a) part of my body
                            b) one of my weapons.

then get on the mat over the big stone and press the other two.

Like my Avatar? Courtesy of Jen! : Anybody want their characters to be experimented on ? post 98

Comment

• Cut a chunk out of the wall and stick it in the bowl?

Comment

• How about some water in the bowl? Plenty of it....

Comment

Working...
                                X