Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's hold a trial for the one responsible for the Usurpation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Revenge of TV Head View Post
    This is amateur hour shit.

He's not even providing evidence. I can literally recreate this testimony with a crate of wine and some local bums. Even for this franchise, this is not how court works.

I write things.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelbinnean View Post
      Even outside the context of heavenly kangaroo court, "lol" is the only proper response.
      If it's a Heavenly court, doesn't that mean the judge (who would thus be a god or dragon) would see through Kejack's Resplendent Destinies and not forget him, et cetera.?

He/him

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        If it's a Heavenly court, doesn't that mean the judge (who would thus be a god or dragon) would see through Kejack's Resplendent Destinies and not forget him, et cetera.?

((Yes, technically a Heavenly court official would be immune to Arcane Fate, but that isn't the point. The point is to be funny. ))

I write things.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquillion View Post
          Witness statement: The Mysterious Witness, pt 2

"No, I am not a member of the Bureau of Destiny; I am a Fair Folk imposter. You can tell from my tentacles, which all Fair Folk impostors have."

"Hilarious! But obviously untrue; I think we can all see that you're a member of the Bureau of Destiny. Please, stick with the truth in the future."
          I absolutely love this use of the Charm. Well done!

Sidereal Jumpstart (3e fanwork Charmset)
          Cascades (the above in flowchart form)

Comment

Originally posted by The Revenge of TV Head View Post
            Any deity with his tools could manipulate said Exaltations to that about that degree.
            Ah, but do you have any evidence that any but the accused handled his tools prior to the incident?

I think not. Lytek is a foolish fool whose current foolish situation is the direct result of his own foolery.

If it pleases the court, the prosecution would like to submit further evidence establishing Mr. Lytek's motives. This photo was taken at the Carnival of Meeting, one year prior the unfortunate incident under review this day.

(Carnival of Meeting Photo added to the court record)

As can be plainly seen, it clearly depicts the accused in a shameful state of inebriation. More to the point, note the inflamatory legend on the shirt he is wearing. This clearly establishes the accused's hostility towards the Solar Exalted, a hostility that would later be released in the horrific rampage we have come to know as the Usurpation.

Tra.

Indeed, that this trial has gone on this long in light of the accused's obvious guilt is a travesty of justice. Your Honor, render a guilty verdict immediately.

Have you ever read a Coik post before, man? lol
            -Holden

Comment

Even if the court assumes that the plaintiff has presented a prima facie claim, it must nevertheless fail, as Defendant Lytek is entitled to qualified immunity as an employee of the Celestial Bureaucracy acting within the scope of his discretionary duties as a god. For this reason, we ask that the court dismiss all claims against Lytek pursuant to rule 12(b)(6) of the Heavenly Rules of Civil Procedure.

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                Even if the court assumes that the plaintiff has presented a prima facie claim, it must nevertheless fail, as Defendant Lytek is entitled to qualified immunity as an employee of the Celestial Bureaucracy acting within the scope of his discretionary duties as a god. For this reason, we ask that the court dismiss all claims against Lytek pursuant to rule 12(b)(6) of the Heavenly Rules of Civil Procedure.

Are you saying that Lytek has the legal right to kill Exalts as he sees fit?

((In the context of this thread, not in Exalted in general))

I write things.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderandawe View Post

Handling celestial Exaltations, whenever they may happen to be, lies within the scope of his duties, yes. He even has tools that let him forcibly remove them from unwilling hosts. Tools that were given to him when he was appointed to his position. And while killing Celestial Exalts by members of the Celestial Bureaucracy is indeed a crime as decreed by Heavenly Law, i'd like to humbly point out that this rule applies only in Yu-Shan. Creation is specifically excluded, as per subsection 7.
                  Besides, removing and storing exaltations (as per plaintiff's duties) can hardly be considered killing - even if death of the host often follows, it has to be treated as no more as collateral damage.
                  Last edited by Astralporing; 06-26-2015, 01:45 PM.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by wonderandawe View Post

The court need not decide that matter, as the qualified immunity of a celestial official is an immunity from being sued, not just immunity from liability. :P

(real life judicial opinions would be 1000x better if judges used emoticons)

Developer for Exalted

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Robert Vance's Patreon

Comment

The court need not decide that matter, as the qualified immunity of a celestial official is an immunity from being sued, not just immunity from liability. :P

Aha, but in the Superfluous Hidden and Indemnatory Tactics Act of twelve minutes ago, 38 Y.C.S. 139 §§ 45-57, an unidentified but presumably brilliant and extremely sexy Incarna has provided that there is automatic fair warning under 40 Y.C.S. 867 (Felonies Involving The Celestial Exalted) that the deliberate killing of Celestial Exalted is illegal when performed by ranking members of the Bureau of Heaven, thereby authorizing courts of general jurisdiction to prosecute this monster to the full extent of the law.

The Act also provides that it can totally apply ex post facto.

Comment

((You've read the amazing summary disposition of the suit against Eminem delivered in rap, I hope?

http://nypost.com/2003/10/22/rappin-...clears-eminem/ for anyone who hasn't.))

Glorious Solar Kitten

Comment

The position that Lytek was capable of personally killing all 300 Solar Exalts is…laughable. Further more it is a matter of record that the Terrestrial Exalts are the ones who enacted their murders. The prosecuter is clearly incompetent in their duty and should be removed from their position immediately.

SWTOR Referal: http://www.swtor.com/r/JQ2nqy

Comment

Terrestrial Exalted have no official rights under Yu-Shan law and are from a legal position are considered to be acting in service of the Celestial Exalt they serve.
                            Therefore this so called Usurpation was in-fact a mass suicide.

I’ve moved to Sword of Creation, thank you to everyone who helped made the Exalted community these past few years.

Comment

The claim that the primary witness has served the Bureau of Destiny for 5000 years is laughable. He is obviously a human, and everyone knows that even god-blooded humans don't live nearly that long. He cannot possibly have served the Bureaucracy for such a length of time. This false claim displays brazen mendacity and a character of extreme duplicity. Furthermore, since he can't possibly be 5000 years old, his importance to the Celestial Bureaucracy as an "upstanding citizen" is at best a grotesque exaggeration, and more likely an outright fabrication. God-blooded do not attain high positions in the Celestial Bureaucracy without taking leave of their humanity, which this individucal clearly has not.

Furthermore, there is no evidence that a little god, such as the accused, possesses the capability to kill 300 powerful, high-essence Solar Exalted single-handedly, plus the other Celestials he is occused of murdering. The methods for such a feat have not been established or even suggested.
                              Last edited by Erinys; 06-27-2015, 12:38 PM.

She/Her. I am literal-minded and write literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to make a joke.
                              My point of view may be different from yours but is equally valid.
                              Exalted-cWoD-ArM url mega-library. Exalted name-generators, Exalted and WTA stuff from me and others.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                                Terrestrial Exalted have no official rights under Yu-Shan law and are from a legal position are considered to be acting in service of the Celestial Exalt they serve.
                                Therefore this so called Usurpation was in-fact a mass suicide.

(( I need the ability to give this post more likes. ))

I write things.

Comment

Working...
                                X