Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dreamed I owned the 3E corebook.

Just thought I would share the things I remember:

The Twilight Anima power had something that boosted a mechanic known as the "Learn Action".

One Evocation cast an illusion on an area, and the more you kept casting it, the more likely that illusion was to become real.

There was a subsystem on how to combo Sorcery and Martial Arts/Brawl together.

Speaking of Brawl, the Solar Brawl Perfect Defense basically had you punching the attack back at the enemy.

Quick, O Dream Prophet, think! Is there anything else you can remember? If not, maybe using hallucinogenic drugs can return you to a divinatory trance state!

Comment

The only other thing I can kinda sorta maybe remember is that the overview of Abyssals mentioned that their charms interacted weirdly with Solar charms when the two came in to conflict. I don't remember the hows or whys, just that it was significantly different from when the Charms of other Exalted met and clashed.

Comment

Every oneironaut is interested in the dream Charms, none in the dream Setting chapter.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

*I'm* interested in the dream Setting chapter... But I suspect it would have more than a passing resemblance to some of the stuff released about the Wyld...

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
            Every oneironaut is interested in the dream Charms, none in the dream Setting chapter.
            I'm interested Eric, it's just I'm finding parts of it a bit difficult to parse, as they seem to imply the need for absinthe and cyanide..

Sure, there's no way to canonically do it, but Exalted allows you to knee canon in the crotch and rifle through its pockets to take what you need while it whimpers on the ground. - mockery

Comment

I've had a few Exalted dreams but none lately. I remember one where I cracked my head against something and Kimberry came out.

She kind of looked like a poporing.

Come and rock me Amadeus.

Comment

Sorry, I just had dreams of future OotS comics last night. Maybe I can try for Exalted tonight, because I'd enjoy looking at the dream setting chapter too.

Comment

I wish I had remembered to look at the settings chapter, dream version of me is sorry =[

Comment

Originally posted by JayTee View Post
                    I wish I had remembered to look at the settings chapter, dream version of me is sorry =[
                    No need to apologize! We are none of us responsible for the actions of our dream selves.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Minton View Post
                      No need to apologize! We are none of us responsible for the actions of our dream selves.
                      Part of me wants to know if there are any sticking points that are giving you guys trouble so I can try to look up the answers in my dream corebook and become the weirdest freelancer ever.

Another part of me is fairly certain that my answers will in no way be helpful or relate to reality at all.

Comment

The world just isn't ready for dream-playtesting.

Comment

I dream-received the dream-Core, too!

Weird, considering I wasn't able to afford it on the dream-Kickstarter at the time.

Anyway, the dream-setting chapter was indeed badass. But I just kept looking through the fiction, mostly.

Comment

In my dreams, it turns out that Exalted 3e is not, in fact, an RPG. It is a credenza. A really, really, really nice credenza.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

I dreamed I got into the beta test, but the only tester I could scrounge up was the Atomic B.O. guy who's the reason I stopped running open-application D&D games at the local comic book shop. But then I couldn't find my copy of the book, and spent the rest of the dream searching through the comic shop to see if someone had accidentally put it on one of the merchandise shelves, all the while suspecting that the Human Armpit back at the table had stolen it from me somehow, but unsure how to make an accusation that wouldn't end in him trying to use his "learned ninjitsu on the Internet" moves and actually touching me with his clammy stinkflesh.

This was months before the Kickstarter, and I'm surprised I remember it.

Please add signature.

Comment

Working...
                              X