Brainstorming Isidoros and Szoreny Charmsets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lidless Eye That Sees View Post
    So two infernals that favor isidoros and szoreny, respectively would be like the unstoppable force vs the immovable object if they fought?
    Yes but not for the reason you may be thinking. Isidoros is an unstoppable force. Opposing him, Szoreny becomes an unstoppable force too. And since one man's unstoppable force is another man's immovable object, then yes, they met as you describe.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrghus View Post
      Welcome back, RO! Please accept these humble offerings.

HALP I'M UPSIDE DOWN PRANA
      The Silver Forest is fucking upside down. This fucking sucks. The Infernal turns permanently upside down, and may not revert to upright position by any means. However, she gains the ability to walk on her hands (if she could not already), and wield objects with her feet... somehow.

COVERED IN SLASHFICS META-EXISTENCE
      The Black Boar that Twists the Skies is probably not really a brooding loner who just needs a nice, silvery, same-sex heart to help him open up about his feelings... but everyone sure seems to think so! The Infernal's name becomes permanently associated with the yaoi. Anyone who hears his name (even if they're female) automatically assumes them to be in a loving homosexual relationship with the nearest man, tree or shiny object, and gains a positive Intimacy toward this relationship. It's all pretty confusing.

(Yeah, I'm still not sure Szoridoros is canon, though it sure is popular)

I might help more, but I don't know that much on either of these, tbh.
      Why does this not have ALL of the likes?

Comment

RoGD mentions Cecelyne keep trying to get Szoreny's attention so he will teach her space-changing magic (I have no idea how people intercept that as CC having a schoolgirl crush on him). Aside from the mirroring stuff, he also a giant silver tree with metal sap for blood, the forest floor is also full of poisonous quicksilver pond, so I guess poison charm is not too out-of-theme for him.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Originally posted by Jen View Post
          RoGD mentions Cecelyne keep trying to get Szoreny's attention so he will teach her space-changing magic (I have no idea how people intercept that as CC having a schoolgirl crush on him). Aside from the mirroring stuff, he also a giant silver tree with metal sap for blood, the forest floor is also full of poisonous quicksilver pond, so I guess poison charm is not too out-of-theme for him.
          Thanks for mentioning that he has space-changing magic; I missed that one. Looks like I'll need to check out the specific passage on that one to see whats going on there.

I did remember that he has some poison effects. To make him different from Kimbery, his Poison Charm is one of few Training effects I'm giving him. He poisons you with a quicksilver reflection of your ideal-self; each health level you lose also counts as a day training some designated Trait. Of course, if the poison kills you, the Infernal claims a silver-eyed doppelganger minion in your place.

Comment

Originally posted by Reminiscent Oasis View Post
            Thanks for mentioning that he has space-changing magic; I missed that one. Looks like I'll need to check out the specific passage on that one to see whats going on there.
            A shame that the book don't have much info about his space-warping ability (aside from the fact that he may be fetich dead). But Compass: Malfeas does have a write-up on 2 of his soul: Bostvade, the Quicksilver Highway ("represents the Yozi tree Szoreny’s desire for exploration, conquest and escape.") and Kagami, the City of Mirrors (Szoreny's fetich, specialized in secret, prophecy and speeding travel).

It's seem like he should have a charm at creating pocket-world like Lunars, a make-thing-bigger-on-the-inside charm or even a Swallowed in Eternity look-a-like copy-pasta from Cecelyne's charmset

And Kagami's Motivation "To offer undesirable revelations" make me think about Pandora box and the Forbidden Fruit very very much, not sure how to translate that into charms though.
            Last edited by Jen; 01-29-2014, 04:33 AM.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Got a chance to work on the General Charms tonight. Still need to figure out the Sorcerous Enlightments, but here are the others:

(Yozi) Mythos Exultant
              Cost: —; Mins: Essence 3; Type: Permanent
              Keywords: None
              Duration: Permanent
              Prerequisite Charms: First (Yozi) Excellency

Isidoros: Once per action, the Exalt may receive the rewards an appropriate Stunt immediately rather than waiting for his DV to refresh. When his DV refreshes he may also gain a Stunt reward for a Stunt performed after invoking this effect but this Stunt is treated as having received one less die for the purposes of determining its reward, to a minimum of zero.

Szoreny: When the Infernal may receive a point of Willpower as a reward for a Stunt, he may instead receive and store one reflexive attack, to his usual limit of (Dexterity + 3). While he may not use a reflexive attack on the Action tick when he received it, but may expend them as a Step-9 Counterattack against any foe who attempts to harm him. (I'm iffy on this one. Plus now that I think about, getting Reflexive Attacks as a stunt reward might be better for another Primordial, namely Ramethus.)

Ascendancy Mantle of (Yozi)
              Cost: —; Mins: Essence 5; Type: Permanent
              Keywords: Native
              Prerequisite Charms: First (Yozi) Excellency

Isidoros: The Exalt gains the Megalomania Deformity (Manual of Exalted Power: Lunars, p. 210). If this derangement is cured, it reasserts itself at the Deficiency level after 25-hours, increasing in severity every 25 hours until the Deformity is reestablished. While the Infernal does not possess the derangement as a Deformity, he loses the benefit of this Charm.

Szoreny: This Charm possesses the Rival Keyword. When the Infernal does not possess a Rival of equal or greater Essence, he loses the benefit of this Charm.[Note: Specifics of the Rival Keyword are still to be determined.
              Last edited by Reminiscent Oasis; 01-29-2014, 05:06 AM.

Comment

So two infernals that favor isidoros and szoreny, respectively would be like the unstoppable force vs the immovable object if they fought?
                I don't se Szoreny as immovable... as a perfect defence he'd likely just have a charm that splits him into many identical copies, letting one die, then ignoring it and moving on. Why should a tree care if one tiny root withers?

So an isidoros GSP vs a szoreny one would be like playing whackamole...

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

For szoreny mythos exultant how about something like he gets a 3 dot stunt if he copies his oponents last 2 dot stunt. I also think his sorcerous charm should be pretty flexible as long as he warps the spells to suit his thematic.

I noticed izzies mythos basically says "I want the reward NOW!" are you going for a patient / impatient split with these two?
                  Edit: for izzies sorcery I think he should have difficulty with spells that enslave others, respecting others free will was one of his more positive traits.
                  Last edited by The Lidless Eye That Sees; 01-29-2014, 02:28 PM.

Comment

For szoreny mythos exultant how about something like he gets a 3 dot stunt if he copies his oponents last 2 dot stunt.
                    I had considered something like that decided that it wasn't appropriate for the Mythos. The Mythos should alter the reward with no additional restrictions beyond Could-have-used-the-Excellency.

I noticed izzies mythos basically says "I want the reward NOW!" are you going for a patient / impatient split with these two?
                    Edit: for izzies sorcery I think he should have difficulty with spells that enslave others, respecting others free will was one of his more positive traits.
                    Yeah, Isidoros is about instant gratification; Szoreny is about preparations and plans.

I do agree about the Isidoros Enlightenment; it can't enslave.

Comment

Eh, when I had a Srozeny Akuma in a game, I just had her pack Opalescent Reflection Shintai, which is more or less identical to Black Mirror Shintai, to make it easy on myself.

Comment

When TDO was asking for help with his izzie charmset one of the inspirations mentioned was equuis zahak of homestuck, as in he should be STRONG and really good at breaking things(and people) even if he bothered being careful. Also as the patron of Nox he should do bad things to fate with his very presence.

Edit: I agree with arrghus that szoreny should have charms relating to his former status as the world tree of creation, maybe ending in a shintai the primordial himself can no longer use?
                        Last edited by The Lidless Eye That Sees; 01-30-2014, 05:37 AM.

Comment

When TDO was asking for help with his izzie charmset one of the inspirations mentioned was equuis zahak of homestuck, as in he should be STRONG and really good at breaking things(and people) even if he bothered being careful. Also as the patron of Nox he should do bad things to fate with his very presence.
                          He is the Black Boar that Twists the Sky, the Anarch, the Breaker of Chains. He'll probably have a bubble of Outside-of-Fate following him around. He'll smack people so hard their Destinies break off and they fall outside of Fate.

Edit: I agree with arrghus that szoreny should have charms relating to his former status as the world tree of creation, maybe ending in a shintai the primordial himself can no longer use?
                          This is one thing that's been on my mind tonight. Why is Szoreny a tree / forest? What does that say about his nature? I'll probably pull a Mafleas and ignore those issues. Just like Malfeas doesn't have I'm-a-City Charms, I probably won't give Szoreny I-am-Tree/Forest Charms. Those hoping to play a Poison Ivy infernal will have to wait for Metagaos.

Originally posted by Requiem_Jeer View Post
                          Eh, when I had a Srozeny Akuma in a game, I just had her pack Opalescent Reflection Shintai, which is more or less identical to Black Mirror Shintai, to make it easy on myself.
                          I was working on Szoreny Disguise Charms today. Let's see how poorly I did:

MIRROR-BODY DISGUISE
                          Cost: 7m; Mins: Essence 2; Type: Simple (Speed 6)
                          Keywords: Combo-OK
                          Duration: One Day
                          Prerequisite Charms: None
                          The moment a being walks through the argent forest of Szoreny, she is captured in his reflections and in his heart. This Charm is identical to the Solar Charm Flawlessly Impenetrable Disguise (Exalted, p. 227) with the following exceptions: its Speed is in short ticks, it can only be used to duplicate another being within the limits of the Charm’s permissible alterations, and it does not persist as a mundane disguise after its Duration has expired. If the Infernal possesses an Intimacy toward the person he duplicates, he adds his Compassion to the roll. Otherwise, he immediately gains an Intimacy of love toward the target (usually platonic, but it can be otherwise if the Exalt desires). This Intimacy may be declined by gaining a point of Limit. With Essence 3+, this Charm’s Duration becomes Indefinite.

MIRRORING THE SUBLIME
                          Cost: — (+3m, 1wp); Mins: Essence 3; Type: Permanent
                          Keywords: None
                          Prerequisite Charms: Mirror-Body Disguise
                          Though a being’s outward appearance is the most obvious, Szoreny’s mimicry goes much deeper. This Charm allows the Infernal to alter the appearance of his magical traits (as described by Eldritch Secrets Mastery — Manual of Exalted Power: Infernals, p. 149) to match those of the being he duplicates. This Charm differs from the Eldritch Secrets Mastery in that it is not an Illusion, and willpower cannot be spent to resist it. Other beings must detect the subtle flaws in the reflection to recognize that the Infernal is not who he pretends to be. Mundane senses are no longer adequate to detect these differences, and even beings with supernatural senses increase the Difficulty by +4.
                          Last edited by Reminiscent Oasis; 01-30-2014, 06:11 AM.

Comment

I like the idea of Infernals (at least in 2e) as people who use villain-tropes for not necessarily villainy-related purposes.

Isidoros is, to me, the archetypal Kaiju. A massive monstrosity that destroys all in its presence simply by being there. The primary example is of course Godzilla, patron saint of collateral damage, and the ilk that follows in its literary wake. Other potentials inspirations might also include the aforementioned Equius Zahhak, the hun-leader from Disney's Mulan, and Oberon from Gargoyles.

I see Szoreny as a planner and manipulator, who sees many, many steps ahead and moves behind the scenes to make sure all things move according to their purposes. The classic example is David Xanatos, but there's also Doc Scratch, Charlie from Erfworld, and Father from Full Metal Alchemist. There's also the mirror motif, true, but honestly I see that as almost more of a mental exercise thing, emulating your enemies in order to understand them.

I said he was upside down. Being upside down is not the same thing as being a tree. And he's still a tree. The difference honestly isn't that big (in fact, I am retroactively declaring it a joke about people defining too many aspects of Yozi nature through Charms).

"They" is an excellent gender neutral pronoun.
                            Avatar adapted from art by Cordell Felix http://cordellfelix.com/

Comment

All I'm sure of about Isidoros is that he needs some way to go "YOU'RE NOT MY DAD" to Compulsion and Emotion effects. If we go with the metaphor that the Yozi are petulant, cosmically powerful children, Isidoros is totally a surly teen.

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

If Isidoros is anything, he's an Eighties Anime Delinquent, pompadour and all. Or possibly a greaser.

Comment

Working...
                                X