Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Headcanon

Tell me about your headcanon.
    Last edited by Crumplepunch; 10-21-2015, 07:48 AM.

A Clutch of Dragons: Hub Thread, Presence, Resistance, Ride, Sail, Socialize Stealth, Survival, Thrown, War, First Draft pdf<NEW

Taken from a story written by FrivYeti (I think), I am firmly of the opinion that Regent Fokuf is actually an Eclipse caste trying to subtly reform the Realm by making minute changes to laws and playing his would-be puppeteers against each other. He is almost completely incompetent at fighting, relying primarily on his camouflage of Obfuscating Stupidity, but does have First Age memories of a Celestial Martial Art that lets one be somewhat effective while making all onlookers mistake the user for a very lucky coward. He is aided and abetted by his Sidereal minder, who is nominally Bronze but really just wants to keep Creation from self-destructing, and keeps various eyes off him.

Comment

In my head:
      • In many parts of Creation, the moon is feared as a source of evil and mischief, due to centuries of Immaculates having a ton more Lunar Anathema to talk up and hunt down than Solar ones.
      • The sun and moon we see are reflections of the Essence of Sol and Luna as each performs their main function upon Creation, not giant battle robots.
      • Elementals are the subsidiary souls of Gaia.
      • The Guild does not exist. Any brances or operations of it I deem to be cool are run on a local or regional level, by groups which are sometimes (but not often) all-mortal, and which have actual names.
      • Delzahn don't have built-in societal norms for gender-bending, since I think the potential drama of passing as the other gender through subterfuge in a culture where all the men hide their faces is way more interesting.
      • More of the non-West nations of the Threshold are matriarchal. For example, in the South, that would include An-Teng, The Lap, and (usually) Gem.
      • There are more bodies of water inland (hooray 3E, for adding some).

"For me, there's no fundamental conflict between really loving something and also seeing it as very profoundly flawed." -- Jay Eddidin

Comment

Oh, I've got lots of headcanon, including agreeing with the bit WarDragon laid out.

Seasons

The season of Air is the coolest and is appropriately windy, with the North completely snowbound straight through and the West, Center, and East cycling through snow, slush, and various levels of cool, while the South is as pleasant as it ever gets.

After Air comes Wood, when most of Creation is blooming and the North is experiencing progressively deeper and more frequent thaws. Everywhere but the South, this is when crops are planted, and there, it's the harvest time, before drought and heat kill everything green.

After Wood comes Fire, which is a hot dry season for most of Creation, the South's deadliest season, and the prime growing time in the North.

Water comes after Fire - heavy rain clouds blow west to east through Ascending Water, bringing torrential monsoon downpours behind them that stay through all of Respendant Water and slowly fade away to 'normal' by the end of Descending Water. In regions with two growing seasons, this will be when the second crop goes in the ground, and in the South, it's the planting time of their primary crops.

For the West, East, and Blessed Isle, Earth is the second and more productive growing season, with harvest in Descending Earth - by which time the Northern harvests have been in for weeks or even months, and snow and ice are covering over the living earth.

The shocking chill of Calibration - one hundred and twenty-five clock-measured hours without sun or moon or stars, when the temperature plummets relentlessly - marks the start of Air and true winter.

The Empress's Fall came after centuries of maneuvering, where she'd managed to keep one step ahead of the Ebon Dragon. And then he told her a simple truth: "I have your daughter."

The Games of Divinity aren't just fun - they are, in a zen sort of way, the purpose and cause of Creation. Their play powers the Loom and thereby sustains Creation itself... but they and the Loom were designed based on the assumption of dozens of Primordials at play. Gaia and the seven Incarna are enough to sustain them - mostly - but doing so taxes their strength and leaves little concentration or energy for other matters.

Iä! Iä! Moe fthagn!

Comment

Originally posted by Valles View Post
          The Games of Divinity aren't just fun - they are, in a zen sort of way, the purpose and cause of Creation. Their play powers the Loom and thereby sustains Creation itself... but they and the Loom were designed based on the assumption of dozens of Primordials at play. Gaia and the seven Incarna are enough to sustain them - mostly - but doing so taxes their strength and leaves little concentration or energy for other matters.
          Forgot to mention - this is one of my favorites, also.

"For me, there's no fundamental conflict between really loving something and also seeing it as very profoundly flawed." -- Jay Eddidin

Comment

There are dark arches in the underworld that lead into a twisted version of Yu-Shan. This place is special. Something really important can be done there. Perhaps something that may soothe a Neverborn or two, or perhaps even change their nature in some way (be it for better or worse). Either way, a very few forbidden gods live there and play at being the lords of Yu-shan. Whether they actually are or just are toys of the Neverborn as well as what can be done there changes with my campaign, but I've had this in every campaign. Simply haven't had players go check it out yet.

The Empress' actual name is Scarlet.

3EX Martial Arts basic overview (Weapons, Armor, Attributes & Abilities)

Comment

The Games of Divinity are actually an MMO, in which the gods play as Heroic Mortals, controlling people in Creation as they go about their lives.

Comment

Oh, one I forgot to add:
                The Incarnae are all actually good people. Weird, bound by strange rules (especially the maidens) but overall they are people you'd like, if you knew everything about them and not just a tiny slice of their life.
                The same goes for some Primordials, though not for most, but they can seem that way.

And of course, every major problem in the setting can be resolved my diplomacy, music, dance or combat. You may need to research specific music, dances or combat styles, but it is possible.

3EX Martial Arts basic overview (Weapons, Armor, Attributes & Abilities)

Comment

Originally posted by Edward Eldritch View Post
                  And of course, every major problem in the setting can be resolved my diplomacy, music, dance or combat. You may need to research specific music, dances or combat styles, but it is possible.
                  "Listen to my song!"

Iä! Iä! Moe fthagn!

Comment

Ligier is just a crossdressing and very confused Ruvelia

I have decided, after some thought, that I don't really feel happy on these forums. I might decide to come back to post. Who knows - but right now, I'm gone.

So good bye, good luck, and have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by Valles View Post
                      I prefer the Games being the battery for Creation over Creation being the battery for the Games. I also like the idea of the Incarna not being crack addicts, but having a legit reason to leave Creation in the hands of humans.

I will probably be stealing this.

Come and rock me Amadeus.

Comment

Harmonious Jade is a compulsive sneak. She cannot be in unfamiliar Territory without trying to hide, context be damned.
                        It can make things very very troublesome for the rest of her circle, Swan has however developed a simple enough solution. Walk into an apparently empty room, leave a bead where it can be seen and turn his back. If the bead is missing when he turns around, Jade is probably in that room.

In more volatile scenarios he just keeps an eye out for people who simply drop dead, despite no one seemingly touching them.

She has also has absolutely no sense of personal space and has a habit of speaking almost touching noses to whomever she's speaking too. Usually Arianna. Who usually backs away, causing Jade to move in closer and this goes on for a bit until they reach a wall. And once, the edge of a cliff.

Jade drives Arianna nuts in general. Mostly because Arianna can't snap at her without feeling like she just kicked a puppy.
                        Last edited by The Revenge of TV Head; 07-18-2014, 07:23 PM.

Duly Elected Guild Hierarch of the Onyx Path Forums

http://northernfoxgames.com/

Comment

*The Daystar is not a metallic orb beneath its corona of blazing plasma, it's a crystalline, eight-pointed star; Silver Chair is literally a flat, disc-shaped object (although much larger within than without) that actually changes shape as it waxes and wanes.

*The Aidenweiss is not in a shrine in a room, it is impaled in the snout of the Gardullis, and removing it wakes him up...

*The Lintha were created in the Faraway, and brought across the Wyld into Creation by Kimbery. They do not know that they are the oldest living race in existence, although some demons do...

*The Oaths binding the Yozi actually have one necessary escape clause; they Yozi can all be freed IF Malfeas sacrifices himself. The Gods felt safe including this as that is something that he will never, EVER, do.

*The Penitent was sculpted by an ancient Terrestrial, who used a Martyr version of a DB Crafting charm to shatter the mountain into its present shape with a single blow, dying immediately after. It is a monument to Righteous Guide.

*Righteous Guide created Four Arms of the Unconquered Sun Style to help his monks meditate as they built Omdar Shambal. When complete, the Most High personally visited the mandala city, and sparred with RG, learning the style directly from him. His ghost has become the Bishop...

*Beneath all the armor, the First and Forsaken Lion is actually Merela. Her Solar spark now belongs to the Goblin King, who learned Eye of Heaven Style from her memories.

*The Eye of Meru is not just the satellite that broadcasted I AM's signal Creation-wide, it is also a small space station. The Exalted caught up there refused to return to Creation when the Usurpation went down. Basically, the Invisible Fortress story happened up there, instead. And it still orbits the world...

*The Five Shadow Association evolved from the Black Bandana. Each of its five branches claims a separate Direction for its operations; the branch representing Earth, however, lost a shadow war with the White Veil Society during the Shogunate, and has been living in exile in the forests of the East ever since.

*We know what happened to two of the Directional Titans. The Northern one drifted into the Wyld, and has been possessed by an Unshaped. The Southern one crashed after entering dormancy mode, and is one of the Fire Mountains; only the Five Metal Shrike knows this, as it uses it for its home base.

*Chejop actually WON the fight against the Scarlet Bride, but just before he could land the killing blow, Saturn was moved to snip his thread, creating an opening for the Bride to finish him off, as he died believing that he had utterly failed when it mattered most...

*Amaya is NOT a Twilight, she is a Zenith!

Comment

The Maiden of Wisdom - I subscribe to the theory that the Five Maidens are a gestalt entity, and the name I usually use for that is taken from the Greater Astrological Charm, Birthing the Maiden of Wisdom. Uranus also has a pretty good Roman connotation to mark this! Alas, it brings my headcannon into conflict with a lot of others. Still, I shall ultimately prevail.

Sidereal Titles - It's not supported by Sidereals 2e, but I've always liked the pervasive idea that each Sidereal has an assigned role within the Bureau of Destiny in addition to their general-purpose conjunctions. Things like the Sidereal who is in charge of maintaining the seals Heaven has placed on forbidden gods, or the Sidereal assigned to figure out what the hell terrestrial gods are actually supposed to be doing.

Thaumanses - I like to vastly expand the number of one/two-dot manses in the world, and many villages in my setting are built around one, or have one nearby. Instead of hearthstones, they produce artifact-alikes with hearthstone powers.

The Games of Divinity - I like the suggestion that they power Creation much better than the suggestion that Creation was built to power them, but I'm really just not a fan of connecting them to things at all. Eh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mercury View Post
                              Thaumanses - I like to vastly expand the number of one/two-dot manses in the world, and many villages in my setting are built around one, or have one nearby. Instead of hearthstones, they produce artifact-alikes with hearthstone powers.
                              Stolen!

Originally posted by Hand-of-Omega View Post
                              *The Eye of Meru is not just the satellite that broadcasted I AM's signal Creation-wide, it is also a small space station. The Exalted caught up there refused to return to Creation when the Usurpation went down. Basically, the Invisible Fortress story happened up there, instead. And it still orbits the world...
                              This reminds me...
                              • In my creation there is no IAM. And no Icemind, and unless there's a really good reason to decide otherwise, no Autochthon.

Comment

Working...
                              X