No announcement yet.

Your Headcanon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "reincarnations" of the Mouth of Peace cycle through the elements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oriares View Post
      The "reincarnations" of the Mouth of Peace cycle through the elements.
      Air. Water. Wood. Fire. Earth.

Long ago, the Great Houses lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when House Ragara attacked.
      Only the Mouth of Peace, Master of the Immaculate Order, could stop them. But when the world needed her most, she vanished.
      A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Mouth of Peace-...

Raksi plays Peek-a-boo for keeps. ~ nalak42

Comment

• Originally posted by Kleptomania View Post

Air. Water. Wood. Fire. Earth.

Long ago, the Great Houses lived together in harmony. Then everything changed when House Ragara attacked.
        Only the Mouth of Peace, Master of the Immaculate Order, could stop them. But when the world needed her most, she vanished.
        A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered the new Mouth of Peace-...

Damn Ragara, I knew we couldnĀ“t trust them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
          One head canon, that rarely in Heaven during the times either the Maidens or Luna are winning the Games of Divinity, thus making the city turn dark. The Unconquered Sun would walk across the streets of Yu Shan in contemplation, with him being completely inconspicuous to the Gods he pass. He's still the Unconquered Sun, a chiseled guy with four arms, wearing shiny armor with golden hair, but no one makes note of it or reacts to it in anyway. He just walks, walk and observe. It is at these rare moments that he may appear before one of the Exalted and give out his wisdom to those who need it, that is if they even become aware that they are speaking to the King of Heaven. Ever since the Usurpation the Sun abandoned taking such trips, staying almost completely holed up in the Jade Pleasure Dome. Recently though he has started leaving the bounds of the dome once more, seeing the plights of the Celestial City in its all its ugliness.

So in this headcanon, is it only a matter of time that during those times of "coming up for air"/walking in contemplation before he starts making some reforms?

Comment

• On the Unconquered Sun

In my games, his history ties is a good bit the same as it was in the Glories of the Most High: Albeit with a lot of modifications. Starters he was still made by the Ebon Dragon to be the light of its shadow. Now the difference here is that this isn't a good vs evil design, the Ebon Dragon isn't evil and the UCS isn't conditionally good. They act as counterparts but in a different way. The Ebon Dragon is fond a things that are doomed, those that are loved to fall. The Unconquered Sun is the opposite, he is invincible, Invictus, Unconquered. It his drive that he will never fall, always fight and keep hope. That is how they are counters to each other, rather then the UCS being of virtue and goodness while TED being about cruelty and evilness. After that Theion got him geas and sworn to guard Creations borders along with Luna

Now the UCS is most definelty still a good guy, one of the most nicest guys in Creation. But that's because thats how his character is, not that he is conditionally a force for good. The Unconquered Sun isn't the god of being good, the god of justice, or anything along those lines, and even if he was that wouldn't matter much because in Exalted Gods are not their domains, they can be influenced by it and their personality can influence their domains in vice versa, but they aren't actually them though. The Unconquered Sun is good because thats his personalty, he's not upheld by any force to be good, he's good because thats what he wants to be.

Now talking about UCS personality, to him Virtues are a thing. But their different. Virtues aren't a metaphysical thing upheld by the universe which the USC is defined by, rather these are things that is upheld by his followers as the divine traits of the Sun, they are derived from his character and conceptualized as symbols by his old cults, as part of his original larger religion, if that makes sense. The Unconquered Sun is Temperance, for he is ever prudent and wise. The Sun is not selfish, desiring nothing. He does not wish for pleasures, wealth, or conquest. He does not wage wars from heaven nor does he let himself fall into debauchery. The Sun is enlightened, he is the wise king. The Unconquered Sun is Conviction, for he is just and righteous. The Sun believes in justice, in hope, in that their is good, and by his will he will make it so. The Sun is good, he is the just king. The Unconquered Sun is Valor, for he is fearless and mighty. The Sun knows no surrender and will always take on the challenge no matter how hopeless until he prevails. The Sun is victorious, he is the glorious king. The Unconquered Sun is Compassion, for he is ever loving and kind. The Sun loves all of Creation, he loves the gods as his extended family, he loves the Incarna as his siblings, he loves his Chosen as his children. He loves humans, for all their downsides, he sees hope. The Sun is ever-loving, he is the benevolent king. These are the virtues of the Unconquered Sun, King of Heaven, forever may he reign or something like that. Like the story of how he created his fulcrums is still there, but used as a myth explaining the importance of these virtues with him, with them being literal symbols of his faith that he incorperized into himself. Thats generally how I run it. The Sun isn't really much defined by these things then it is what people define him as.

So basically the Sun is overall a nice guy. Him being powerful and mighty is his nature, but that doesn't necessarily mean perfection or omnipotence. He can't solve all the worlds problems, there is stuff that he can't do. Being Unconquered means that he will never fail, but that doesn't mean that everything has to be effortless for him. A big thing for Solars for me is that they have to put in effort to achieve glory, Sheed blood and tears, fight with everything they have and it by that way they will shine the brightest. The same applies with the Sun, he will continue to trudge forward as the sun moves through the sky. Now he is a complex character so theirs plenty of things he's good at. He's Creation's Greatest Warrior so he is master at combat. He is a pretty wise guy, being able to shift between lies and the truth and see the correct answer so he's very very knowledgeable. He can be crafty and witty, being the often leading player of Games of Divinity and was the one that devised the rebellion against his masters while making them none the wise. All of that is him, but that doesn't mean he is everything. This is basically me saying the the Unconquered Sun isn't responsible to fix everything in setting, he can't fix everything. Him butting into Yu-Shan to try to reform it will have as much bad sides as good sides. Rather then doing that, he leaves such things to his Exalted. Now this isn't him pushing all the problems onto them and telling them to fix it. This is him seeing great people that is doing great or could do great things, and putting his hope into them by giving them the metaphorical push. He doesn't ask for anything from his Chosen. For what he wants from them he believes they are already or will do. This could end in failure as it did before, but this is his hope, and that is how it will stay.

In any case this along with the Night stroles is basically my head canon of UCS when he appears in my games anyway
            Last edited by Iceblade44; 06-14-2019, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iceblade44 View Post
              On the Unconquered Sun
              Him butting into Yu-Shan to try to reform it will have as much bad sides as good sides. Rather then doing that, he leaves such things to his Exalted. Now this isn't him pushing all the problems onto them and telling them to fix it. This is him seeing great people that is doing great or could do great things, and putting his hope into them by giving them the metaphorical push. He doesn't ask for anything from his Chosen. For what he wants from them he believes they are already or will do. This could end in failure as it did before, but this is his hope, and that is how it will stay.

In any case this along with the Night stroles is basically my head canon of UCS when he appears in my games anyway
              I like what you wrote. Definitely.

Question, how much is your Unconquered Sun aware of his addiction to the Games of Divinity? How does that play into him being Unconquered?

At the same time it reminds me somewhat of pointy haired boss in Dilbert. Why do it yourself if someone else can do it? Why waste effort yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post

I like what you wrote. Definitely.

Question, how much is your Unconquered Sun aware of his addiction to the Games of Divinity? How does that play into him being Unconquered?

At the same time it reminds me somewhat of pointy haired boss in Dilbert. Why do it yourself if someone else can do it? Why waste effort yourself.
                In my games he's not really addicted to it. Rather he took refuge in the games since his Chosens betrayal and kind of just shut everything out. It's only recently he has been getting out of that slump. He certainly enjoys and is fascinated by the games, which is saying something for a guy who doesn't particularly care about luxuries, but I want to portray it less like a simile with gambling, since I see no other Incarna with that problem.

Comment

• The Demon summoning spell has several helpful things built in, including:

Translation
                  Being able to sense and perceive demons and elementals you have summoned.

Too many problems with newly minted terrestrial sorcerers
                  Last edited by Accelerator; 06-18-2019, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
                    The Demon summoning spell has several helpful things built in, including:

Translation
                    Being able to sense and perceive demons and elementals you have summoned.

Too many problems with newly minted terrestrial sorcerers
                    To add to this, many demons and elementals have supreme senses and knowledge abilities. Some make good advisors. Some, like the huraka, can sense lies. Others can sense emotions or human bonds.

This sorcerers use them as aides and some such, letting them tag along in spiritual form and listening to them. This contributed to stories of sorcerers and their eccentricities, because subtle gestures and body language shows that the sorcerer is listening to someone, and onlookers see nothing there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
                      Some, like the huraka, can sense lies.

This sorcerers use them as aides and some such, letting them tag along in spiritual form and listening to them.
                      Just as a reminder, most elementals can't dematerialize natively.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                        .... Even more new headcanon!

Comment

• I was surprised by that change, but I've found it does a lot to make elementals a more interesting part of the setting. I think it's a really good change.

If you're halfway through running a game and there's immaterial elementals everywhere though, it's probably pretty awkward.

My characters:
                          Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                          Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

• Since the Usurpation Lytek has held a betting pool with various gods over how long each of the 20 or so remaining Solar exaltations will last in their next incarnation, what they will accomplish or how they will die. Lytek even keeps a high score of which exaltation has lasted the longest before dying, along with shortest life. Kejop is aware that such a betting pool exists, but no one will confess to it existing or being a part of it. Lytek tries to keep gods who aren't sympathetic to the Bronze faction in the pool, but that doesn't stop the enterprising god whispering in the ears of a Bronze or Gold Faction Sid to look a particular section of Creation in the Loom of Fate in order to try and bolster their winnings.

With The Bull of North, there were a few that bet he would raise an army. But only one bet that his army would beat the Realm army. And even that god was surprised.

Of course with the sundering of the Jade Prison and looming Realm Civil War, the betting pool is looking like its days might be coming to an end.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post

I play with the headcanon that most elementals, while they can't just up and "poof" dematerialize, then they can phase in and out of their element at will - for air elementals this allows them to effectively dematerialize, though you'd still bump into them physically... its more like a form of invisibility

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

Working...
                              X