Your Headcanon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Epitome View Post
    A Lunar can commune with a target for a minute to make her Tell visible to the target at all times.
    I'm not sure this is necessary, actually (at least in 3e). 3e Lunars can spend 1m to "Make her Tell apparent to all onlookers for as long as she desires." The way I read that, I'd say that a )that's an indefinite duration, and b) the Lunar can selectively choose which onlookers to stop making her Tell obvious to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post

I'm not sure this is necessary, actually (at least in 3e). 3e Lunars can spend 1m to "Make her Tell apparent to all onlookers for as long as she desires." The way I read that, I'd say that a )that's an indefinite duration, and b) the Lunar can selectively choose which onlookers to stop making her Tell obvious to.
      I read "all onlookers" as being not selective (as opposed to "onlookers of her choice" or something similar). I'll ask the devs to be sure.
      Last edited by Epitome; 08-12-2019, 02:40 PM.

Comment

• I don't see how you could possibly read "all onlookers" as anything but "everyone present", to be frank.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post
          As in they can enlarge the shadowland without the mass slaughter of mortals?
          Nope. They can enlarge the shadowland the old fashioned way (they were willing to do it when the Scarlet Empress was in power but now feel it's probably unnecessary).

[To be clear, they were talking about butchering criminals in stylised executions rather than just marching a bunch of innocent peasents to the edge of the shadowland and killing them. But there's no mystical backing behind that beyond the normal "killing mortals" way of creating/enlarging a shadowland. The Syndics merely use the Shadowland as a shield against their enemies and were willing to do what it takes to make that shield more effective.]
          Last edited by JohnDoe244; 08-08-2019, 11:44 AM.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
            To be clear, they were talking about butchering criminals in stylised executions
            Isn't that what the 24 they offer up to the dead and fae each winter is already? Essentially? Haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post

Isn't that what the 24 they offer up to the dead and fae each winter is already? Essentially? Haha.
              Essentially.

Originally posted by Bastions of the North
              As much as the Syndics resent the dangers inherent in Whitewall’s close proximity to a shadowland, the rulers are not blind to the strategic benefits the shadowland provides the city. The shadowland effectively protects the city from attack by the larger of the two Fair Folk tribes in the area and makes any sort of invasion from the east or southeast much less likely. During the reign of the Scarlet Empress, the Syndics had contingency plans in place to expand the portion of the shadowland that falls across the Traveler’s Road and to exempt Realm troops from the road’s protection. Now that the Empress is gone and the Realm appears to be imploding, the shadowland is no longer being treated as a potentially necessary evil or defensive barrier, and efforts to purge the road of all taint from the shadowland have been stepped up accordingly.

That said, the Syndics have long discussed the
              possibility of “sculpting” the shadowland, to gain more control over its defensive properties, through public-works projects and strategically placed executions (of serious criminals, of course).

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Has anyone considered whether the rites that bind Lunar x Solar mates are still around? Do they still get used? Are they/can they be used to bind other types of Chosen or other beings?

Or were each of them a custom working (or whatever) made especially for that one pairing?

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
                  Originally posted by Bastions of the North
                  and to exempt Realm troops from the road’s protection.
                  Could you imagine that meeting. The Syndics calling the Fae and Bishop for a meeting to discuss exempting any soldier loyal to the Realm from the protections of the road. That seems like it would make for a great campaign idea should one Realm house come out on top in the Realm Civil War and want to make an example of Whitewall. Or maybe even re-adjusting the pact in casea Realm house wants to try and seize Whitewall to claim all glory to themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Darkstep View Post
                    Has anyone considered whether the rites that bind Lunar x Solar mates are still around? Do they still get used? Are they/can they be used to bind other types of Chosen or other beings?

Or were each of them a custom working (or whatever) made especially for that one pairing?
                    I see it that there was probably some shared ritual, but that it probably also took a few centuries or even lifetimes to "take". It might even be that some Solars and Lunars who initially paired never really catalyzed the Bond, while later ones who never did formed a new one. A vast majority probably were formed in that first bit after war, but beyond that I think it's open enough to go either way, although I think the factors of time is a big one.

And stuff.
                    My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Chiaroscuro is not a good posting for the Realm's legionaires, especially its dragon-blooded. While ostensibly a Realm satrap, in truth it is so in name alone. It is an open secret that the Tri-Khan makes use of Solar Anathema, and official channels are slow and unresponsive to their requests. Citizens still treat them with respect and deference, but it has become clear that the upper echelons of the city view the dragon-blooded with mistrust and contempt. The Tri-Khan can make no direct movements against the Realm, but nor can they move against him. That's not even getting into the Guild, or the shadowlands.

The city has a reputation of being the most miserable assignment in the Realm that only the mistrusted and shameful are thrown into (this reputation is mostly exaggerated, but not entirely unfounded)

My wordpress
                      Let's Play Warcraft 3 (Updates Thursdays)

Comment

• Small update on the Tell discussion a little further up : Vance has confirmed that a Lunar's ability to reveal their Tell reveals it to everyone, they can't hide it selectively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epitome View Post
                          Small update on the Tell discussion a little further up : Vance has confirmed that a Lunar's ability to reveal their Tell reveals it to everyone, they can't hide it selectively.

Sounds like there is room for a custom charm to make it more selective.

Comment

• One of the many headcanons I had during my first Campaign (mainly because I never read anything other than Exalted Core 3ed at the time, and there is much room for imagination) :

Each Calibration varies from another, as during the Calibration a representant of the Ancient Forces (Neverborn, Yozis, whatever else you want to put in this category) reclaims a mark on Creation during the 5 days. This usually starts by a representation of the Ennemy of Creation overcoming the sun (for example, my Yozi whose theme is "Everything I see with my Eyes is meant to die" started the Calibration by having his eyelid represented in the sky slowly closing on the sun as if it was an iris, and then opening back only to show a giant Black Hole threatening to swallow Creation), then the majority of what happens during this period is linked one way or another to the aforementioned Bad Guy (his Death Knights have set up a plan to attack at this moment, the mystical forces answer his call of darkness, etc ...), and the Calibration ends by the Unconquered Sun reclaiming Creation from the Creatures of Darkness, in a symbolic that opposes the opening of the Calibration (to end with my Yozi example, the Unconquered Sun forced the eyelid to open up (so it looks like a guy doing what seems to be a Feat of Strength inside a giant eye in the sky, yes) so the sun can chase away the darkness that fell upon Creation)

Also the Unconquered Sun is not the first Unconquered Sun. When the first Unconquered Sun realized he was no match for the Yozis, and they went to claim his existence, he decided to give up his powers so someone else would take them to fight his evils masters, leading to the birth of another Unconquered Sun, and thus creating the Exaltation in concept, the power to let go of what you are in order to give others the means to change their destiny. Also f*ck Autochthon, he's totally not in the core, how was I supposed to know ?!
                            Last edited by Chausse; 08-12-2019, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxAstro View Post
                              I don't see the Ebon Dragon as objective evil. My headcanon: As the principle of deceit, his nature is to be dishonest. He really can't help it. But here is the thing: Dishonest about what? Well, about everything. Including who and what he is. But if he is dishonest about what he is, then what is he, really?

Nothing. The Ebon Dragon is a hole in the logic of reality. He doesn't actually exist, except that he has tricked reality into thinking he does. Heck, he has tricked himself into thinking he exists. The Shadow of All Things is no more a real, discreet thing than a shadow is - after all, a shadow isn't really a thing, it's just a trick of your mind interpreting occluded light as having meaning.
                              Necrothreading this particular headcanon...

But is the true name of the Ebon Dragon Shai'tan by chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Vance View Post
                                I mean a spiritual relationship like the ones people in the real world have with gods and cosmic forces that typically aren't inclined to say anything back to you.
                                There is now at least one underworld cult led by an Abyssal that holds this kind of spiritual relationship with the Neverborn. Where they worship the Neverborn as the first true "dead". They don't seek to emulate the pains of the Neverborn or destroy Creation. Instead they memorialize the Neverborn and their worship services often tend to extolling their deeds of before they were slaughtered, when they were primordials. They are actually very academic in seeking this knowledge, and have several contacts in Malfeas where they try to learn about the Neverborn that were once primordials. Those who are strong enough to visit the tombs of the Neverborn approach it as a type of Mecca like experience. They view the whispers of the Neverborn as something more to be pitied and try to avoid gaining whispers as they see it as only having vast memories of pain inside your head.

Comment

Working...
                                X