No announcement yet.

Your Headcanon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But if your vessel is not a sailing ship, you don’t get the awesome power that is the Sail Charm, Burning Anima Sails.

(Also having sails on a ship doesn’t make it not-cool.)

(Also also, the previous two editions had a spell for calling winds to fill a ship’s sails, so wouldn’t at least some sorcerers use that?)
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 08-28-2019, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
      But if your vessel is not a sailing ship, you don’t get the awesome power that is the Sail Charm, Burning Anima Sails.

(Also having sails on a ship doesn’t make it not-cool.)

(Also also, the previous two editions had a spell for calling winds to fill a ship’s sails, so wouldn’t at least some sorcerers use that?)
      Pah. Such a spell is only for newbies. Obviously, you use a spell to propel yourself through the water, without wind. Putting yourself at the mercy of the elements. Amateur.

(I think sails are only fit for flying ships)

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
        Pah. Such a spell is only for newbies. Obviously, you use a spell to propel yourself through the water, without wind. Putting yourself at the mercy of the elements. Amateur.
        "Putting yourself at the mercy of the elements?" Did I not just say the spell fills the ship's sails with wind? You're not "at the mercy of the elements" - you're screwing with the elements with at least as much sorcerous hubris either way.

Comment

• In Creation, a child´s sex isn´t determined by genetics, but by the exact mix of male-aspected and female-aspected energies in the mother´s body during pregnancy, which varies with diet and other factors, like the specific configuration of nearby Dragon Lines. Some areas of Creation, due to a combination of diet and geomantic Essence, give birth to vastly more boys than girls, or viceversa, or even exclusively to a single sex. These societies usually have all kinds of strange marriage customs, from polygamy, to rotatory and temporal marriage, or the custom of searching for a husband/wife far away from home. In any other part of Creation, a careful mother can choose the sex of her next child, although the exact mechanism and balance needed is hard to understand unless you have a moderate knowledge of medicine and Essence (doctors specializing in that discipline can charge hefty sums for personalized diets and exercise routines).

Although slow, there are also sex change methods which involve the proper balance of male-female energies, although without the help of magic it can take years or even decades before seeing the expected results.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Giant
            EDIT: I also think you're forgetting that the gods originated "from beyond the chaos." Their initial creation and/or ascension would involve how things work in that other place, wherever that might be, and has little bearing on the story.
            In reading a little of OoTS and what Rich Burlew is saying about the nature of gods in his story; they read a little like primordials to me. Especially in how they are composed of ideas.

So my headcannon is that there is a Snarl like behemoth that was created accidentally when the Primordials first began their process of creating Creation. It's locked away in elsewhere because the only thing it knows how to do is destroy the concept it is attacking and render it into natural wyld. Even the fae fear it because it would render their graces into nothing, shifting them into formless entities and deconstruct all narratives around it in the wyld.
            Last edited by Uknown DarkLord; 08-29-2019, 06:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uknown DarkLord View Post

In reading a little of OoTS and what Rich Burlew is saying about the nature of gods in his story; they read a little like primordials to me. Especially in how they are composed of ideas.

So my headcannon is that there is a Snarl like behemoth that was created accidentally when the Primordials first began their process of creating Creation. It's locked away in elsewhere because the only thing it knows how to do is destroy the concept it is attacking and render it into natural wyld. Even the fae fear it because it would render their graces into nothing, shifting them into formless entities and deconstruct all narratives around it in the wyld.

Funny that you would mention that, as i have used OoTS' Snarl as inspiration of sorts for Oblivion and the Neverborn in my own games, actually

Comment

• More Thousand Pact Headcannon.

When the Thousand Year Pact was signed for peace on Traveler's Road, the Bishop of Chalcedony didn't sign on behalf of himself. Instead he signed on behalf of the ghosts of the Fell. As he did not operate out of Marama's Fell, he could not sign as if it was his territory, but only as an advocate. This in part due to The Lover's influence over some of the ghostly gangs. She did it to try and reduce his influence or claim on the Fell. While the Bishop agreed it signing it that way to try and gain influence over the ghostly gangs since he only had influence of a small majority of tribes. Arrogantly thinking that no one else would gain as much influence over the undead gangs of the Fell as he had. So while the Bishop signed the pact, the pact was made with the ghosts of the fell, not him.

The same goes for the Syndics. While their magic helped to create the potency of the road's curse, they signed on behalf of Whitewall, not themselves. This was done so that if the Sidereals outed the Syndics, whoever they propped up would still be subject to the pact. That way whoever was propped up just couldn't say, "This is a new government, the pact no longer applies." The pact applies so long as Whitewall remains a city (or until the 1000 years pass assuming it is not renegotiated at that point).

Comment

More Thousand Pact Headcannon.
                  I really like this. Stolen.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• This comes organically from a Lunars session we just did. We had some missing players, so we spent time with our Lunars, just working through some ideas and getting in character.

Hosting a Moot is a prestigious task for a young Lunar. (It's probably more of a chore for the elders, of course)

Being a good host means demonstrating etiquette and custom; knowing rites and rituals; providing for the accommodations and conveniences of the guests, and so on.

A Shahan-ya with promising students will likely talk them up among her peers, to win one of her students the chance to host.

It's extremely good form for a Moot host to provide "do not eat" tags for visiting Familiars.

One of my players did up a little art, after that particular point came up, and inspired some multipass jokes. ( hosted here! )

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

• Personal thought:

This is how it looked like for the Exalted Host to assemble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT9mxZUQ2JM

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
                        Personal thought:

This is how it looked like for the Exalted Host to assemble

​[snip]
                        What, opening portals across space to unstrategically place huge masses of people who speak different languages, and haven't trained to fight together, all in one place at one time? Why not just have your armies start out where they need to be without having to tear holes in the fabric of reality?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                          What, opening portals across space to unstrategically place huge masses of people who speak different languages, and haven't trained to fight together, all in one place at one time? Why not just have your armies start out where they need to be without having to tear holes in the fabric of reality?
                          Nonsense. Obviously it was a time of great battle, where tens of thousands of exalted, with the help of a newly rebuilt teleportal system, assemble together to fight off a threat.

What's missing is all the Animas flaring.

Comment

• Ghost-blooded and Whitewall.

Most people assume ghost-blooded are creatures of darkness from the moment they were born. After all, they are born with a "touch of death" upon them. However that is not the case. It's actually an encouraged assumption by many denizens of the dead. Cause it enables ghost-blooded servants to get into places like Whitewall or other places that look out creatures of darkness.

A ghost-blooded only becomes a creature of darkness once they enlighten their essence above essence 3.

In terms of Whitewall, the Syndics are unaware that ghost blooded are not automatically creatures of darkness. They assume that ghostblooded have to be invited in like any other ghost.

As such, there are small communities of Ghost Blooded residents in Whitewall who have been acting as moles or agents ready to act or extend an invitation to legitimate creatures of darkness.
                            Oddly, they tend to find work in Underton, particularly in cleaning the drains and sewers under the public baths.

When they are discovered, it is assumed that someone invited them in at one point.

That being said, the Syndics do employ at least one ghost blood loyal to them who knows the charms to see when a ghost is possessing a mortal.

Comment

A ghost-blooded only becomes a creature of darkness once they enlighten their essence above essence 3.
                              Given the way enlightened Essence in general works now in 3e (enlightened Essence is not guaranteed just by dint of being the offspring of a supernatural, raising your Essence just isn't something you decide to do, et cetera.), I'd have it be "A ghost-blooded is only a creature of darkness if they command the use of the Essence of death."
                              Last edited by TheCountAlucard; Yesterday, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• Amoth City-Smiter is aware of Adeimantus (Fae from Adversaries of the Righteous), and absolutely despises him.

Beimeni-Ta is a dead, lost city that should stay dead and lost, as far as Amoth is concerned. He may even be petitioning the Unconquered Sun to allow him to create an Exigent to deal with the bothersome Raksha.

Literally any gender pronoun is fine, don't worry about it in my case.

Comment

Working...
                                X