Your Headcanon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chausse View Post
    Thanks for your answer I know my question might come as "witty witty the setting doesn't work" but I'm actually very interested in your answers that help me imagine the daily life of spirits and the like.
    Well, keep in mind, the daily life of spirits is going to look a little different from my post, because you asked about what was legal, but the legal apparatus governing spirits in Creation has largely broken down enough that many spirits flagrantly break Yu-Shan's laws.

The god of the river might be strong-armed by the adjacent road-god, who has been worshipped by the Guild and so has become stronger. He might order the river-god to have the river's elementals gather freshwater pearls, which he tithes to the road-god, which the road-god uses as a bribe to the draconic Censor to overlook his fostering a cult amongst the Guild. The river-god finds himself smitten by a mortal man bathing in his waters, and appears to him materially, and soon the two are meeting monthly. When the mortal dies, the river-god curses the community he came from by fouling the waters.

Et cetera.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 02-13-2020, 05:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
      Well, keep in mind, the daily life of spirits is going to look a little different from my post, because you asked about what was legal, but the legal apparatus governing spirits in Creation has largely broken down enough that many spirits flagrantly break Yu-Shan's laws.
      Yes but imagining how it was before also helps me understand what it has become now

My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

Comment

Thanks for your answer I know my question might come as "witty witty the setting doesn't work" but I'm actually very interested in your answers that help me imagine the daily life of spirits and the like. My hardest difficulty about RPGs in general is imagining the routine of what is usually non-human. I once stopped in the middle of a description of Hell I was doing to my players wondering "Wait why the hell do then have rooftops in Hell this doesn't make sense ?"
        Why wouldn't they? It would keep out airborne attackers, acid rain, and the odd falling of rocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
          Why wouldn't they? It would keep out airborne attackers, acid rain, and the odd falling of rocks.
          What rocks ? Why would Hell even have rocks ? Does it mean they a whole geologic system ? Why for ? They are in a giant prison made so they can be our eternal slaves. Why would an immortal being that doesn't feed actually live in a home ?

As I said, I have a lot of trouble imagining the routine life of what is usually non-human. It just bugs me. So I try to pretend they "just live like humans but with fun twists" during the narration to keep it cool and fresh, but sometimes I just bug wondering "Yes but why ?"

My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

Comment

What rocks ? Why would Hell even have rocks ? Does it mean they a whole geologic system ? Why for ? They are in a giant prison made so they can be our eternal slaves. Why would an immortal being that doesn't feed actually live in a home ?

As I said, I have a lot of trouble imagining the routine life of what is usually non-human. It just bugs me. So I try to pretend they "just live like humans but with fun twists" during the narration to keep it cool and fresh, but sometimes I just bug wondering "Yes but why ?"
            Huh? Malfeas is a gigantic dyson sphere made of brass and basalt. Why not rocks? I mean, two layers could crash together, causing a gigantic rain of shattered Malfeas-bits composed out of basalt to rain onto the ground. In this case, you would want to have a roof over your head.

And why not? Why wouldn't they live in a home? What's so terrible about it. Malfeas is the demon city. Its literally making houses and buildings naturally, the same way you form a scab or grow hairs. Why wouldn't they live in a home? What's the alternative? And is it better?

Comment

Huh? Malfeas is a gigantic dyson sphere made of brass and basalt. Why not rocks? I mean, two layers could crash together, causing a gigantic rain of shattered Malfeas-bits composed out of basalt to rain onto the ground. In this case, you would want to have a roof over your head.

And why not? Why wouldn't they live in a home? What's so terrible about it. Malfeas is the demon city. Its literally making houses and buildings naturally, the same way you form a scab or grow hairs. Why wouldn't they live in a home? What's the alternative? And is it better?
              I don't know the only thing I know is it doesn't make sense to me. That's why I try to not think about the coherence of settings in general, because if I do it bugs me.

Comment

I don't know the only thing I know is it doesn't make sense to me. That's why I try to not think about the coherence of settings in general, because if I do it bugs me.
                Well, from my pov, it makes perfect sense. Even the mongols had tents to live underneath. Demons are people, just strange people that were created to be tools and have alien needs and values. But still people. And people need places to put their stuff and that is a safe place to retreat to and rest. That's basically home.

Comment

Well, from my pov, it makes perfect sense. Even the mongols had tents to live underneath. Demons are people, just strange people that were created to be tools and have alien needs and values. But still people. And people need places to put their stuff and that is a safe place to retreat to and rest. That's basically home.
                  I don't want to continue this discussion too long because I know it's a personal thing that I have difficulties relating to the routine of the strange. I just want to underline that "people that are immortal, bound by an eternal pact to serve mortals, with alien needs and values, ripped from cosmic beings separated into a million souls, but just people" doesn't strike me as the most crystalline argument !

Comment

Yeah but I mean, if the god of that one specific river is in Creation, but he can't materialize, interact with mortals, or act upon his river (because it's part of Creation which is mortal domain), what was he allowed to do ?
                    Some limtted interaction with humans if it gets his main duties inacted or who help make it easier It hink is fine too. Or even telling them now and again "Don't do that" or something. They're allowed to interact with humans on official business, it's just that this quickly leads to corruption. The Immaculate Philosphy beleives Exalts should act as go-betweens. Local cults might spring up that handle it. Note that while it's technically not legal much of the time, it still happens quite a lot.

And stuff.
                    My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

What rocks ? Why would Hell even have rocks ?
                      Jacient sings roads into being, which are made of black rocks.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• I thought Jacint's roads were glass

Comment

I don't want to continue this discussion too long because I know it's a personal thing that I have difficulties relating to the routine of the strange. I just want to underline that "people that are immortal, bound by an eternal pact to serve mortals, with alien needs and values, ripped from cosmic beings separated into a million souls, but just people" doesn't strike me as the most crystalline argument !
                          Well, I like having a roof to keep out the rain and wind.
                          In Malfeas, I assume they like having a roof to keep out the acid rain and murderous wind.

Comment

• Glass is a sort of rock. Kinda.

Comment

• Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
                              I thought Jacint's roads were glass
                              You may be thinking of the Glass Libraries. Jacint makes stone roads, and that explains his name, look up the Etymology of Jacint.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaque View Post

Some limtted interaction with humans if it gets his main duties inacted or who help make it easier It hink is fine too. Or even telling them now and again "Don't do that" or something. They're allowed to interact with humans on official business, it's just that this quickly leads to corruption. The Immaculate Philosphy beleives Exalts should act as go-betweens. Local cults might spring up that handle it. Note that while it's technically not legal much of the time, it still happens quite a lot.
                                Note I'm not talking about the Immaculate Philosophy, but about the deal the Sun made with mortals about retreating to Heaven and letting Creation to mortals.

Comment

Working...
                                X