Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
    woah man. Bring back? How?
    I had a 5 or N/A artifact back in 2e that could reincarnate ghosts artificially, or artificially gestate offsping for ones who new Fertile Soul Endowment.

I lost the files I had it statted up in though

Comment

• Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post

I had a 5 or N/A artifact back in 2e that could reincarnate ghosts artificially, or artificially gestate offsping for ones who new Fertile Soul Endowment.

I lost the files I had it statted up in though
      *snaps fingers*

That reminds me of the time that someone wrote up a N/A or Artifact 5 that a Dragon King could kill himself on. It let him create multiple 'descendants' of his soul. His memory and skills will be split up amongst them, but they will be, on their own, their own person. He would end, but his descendants would live on.

Comment

• Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post

Sometime we need to start a thread of proposed races. Would be fun. Also, between ideas of survivors like this and a method I thougjt up of bringing some back, it may be useful.
        just made a thread for this very purpose. heres the link, http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...e-fallen-races

Comment

.... well, that's that then. I was actually looking for more information.

One of the things which people use to show divine favor, as well as their own riches, is the usage of unconventional materials for clothing. Other than the Hellsilk and having glowing and shifting colours from thaumaturgical alchemy recipes, there are also things like making cloth from stone, ice, glass, or other exotic things like clouds and sunlight, or even glory.

Whether or not these are comfrotable is a secondary concern. What is a concern is that the material is exotic, strange, and best of all, never seen before. Used for showing off in Dynastic parties, or flaunting a new relationship with a god/ Fair Folk/ Exalted/ Demon

Hellsilk is silk produce by Anhules, and is notable for granitng Hardness +2 (So no anima flux), being immune to fire, and silent.

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
          Many Limbed Manual
          Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
          San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
          My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post

Hellsilk is silk produce by Anhules, and is notable for granitng Hardness +2 (So no anima flux), being immune to fire, and silent.
            Is the hardness+2 significant in terms of combat?

Comment

Is the hardness+2 significant in terms of combat?
              Primarily, imho, it negates things like DB's anima flux without attunement. If you made an artifact heavy plate out of it (A ball gown of hell silk) it would have Hardness 12--meaning you would need 12 iniative to hurt the person with a decisive attack.

Many Limbed Manual

Comment

• I don’t think a ball gown made of spider silk - even magical spider silk - should provide better protection from decisive attacks than a suit of orichalcum superheavy plate, nor do I think that was what was intended.

(Nor, for that matter, do I feel like a gown should suffice as heavy armor, even if it’s made of a protective material.)

I would advise that artifact stats supersede the Hellsilk stats, not combine with them.

He/him

Comment

• The red-piss legion wasn't the 40th legion of the Realm. It was the 7th, underfunded and understaffed as a deliberate insult to Lookshy.

Ultimate Jade-Screened Exalted Scholar, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar
                  THDR : Future Dragon-Blooded campaign, and other links.
                  If you like Ex3, you can support Holden on Patreon!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                    I don’t think a ball gown made of spider silk - even magical spider silk - should provide better protection from decisive attacks than a suit of orichalcum superheavy plate, nor do I think that was what was intended.

(Nor, for that matter, do I feel like a gown should suffice as heavy armor, even if it’s made of a protective material.)

I would advise that artifact stats supersede the Hellsilk stats, not combine with them.
                    To each their own--While artifacts superseding their component materials makes sense (except maybe the silent tag), my logic was in the stat say "+2 Hardness"--a nitpick, but no mortal armor has hardness. Regardless, I feel an outfit of sufficent size should count as heavy armor if made of silk from hell itself. We already know Brocade Armor is possible from the Elite Infantry statisitc (which has soak 10...so either all elites have 5 Stamina and this enchanted brocade made by thautmurgy does nothing, or it's heavy armor)

Many Limbed Manual

Comment

• Sorcerers have no limit on what kind of elemental they can summon. Some elementals can lift heavy loads, like the greatest of elephants, but without all the weaknesses inherent in being a creature of flesh and blood (like needing food). Some naturally chill whatever area they are in. Some cause flowers and grass to sprout. Some create a 'water shadow', their steps forever watery and damp. Some are living bonfires, consuming no fuel and oxygen, and yet giving light and heat.

This gives them.... options.

In the North elementals are bound and supplicated with prayer and treats. In the more powerful and richer tribes they serve as a guardian angel and a symbol of wealth. Those who are more powerful and higher status tend to be closer to the fire, while those who are lower sit close to the door. The fire of the elemental requires no oxygen, produces no smoke, and needs no laborous chopping of firewood to get fuel. Most definitely an increase in quality of life. In some enterprising smithies, elementals are propiated to flare and burn, warping temperature and heat conduction, letting smiths control heat in ways they thought impossible. A single suit of armour requires an entire tree. With the help of a fire elemental, a single tree can make dozens, or if you're lucky, you don't need fuel at all.

Southern areas tend to favor water and air elementals. Elementals which produce water naturally tend to be placed within parks, gardens, and fountains, the damp air they bring with them giving some comfort against the blazing sun in the sky. Air elementals are often grouped together, used to create air channels and soft breezes through stifling buildings and unventilated areas. Other air elementals are grouped together in herds of a dozen or so, planted in a warded warehouse with a double-hulled wall, and allowed to cool the temperatue below freezing. The cold not only produces ice for things like ice cream and frozen treats, but the lowered temperature also preserves food, vital in any culture where there is no immense surplus and high transport.

Certain people in the scavenger lands cultivate relationships with specialized elementals who appear to be made of light. More resembling balls of light or particularly large fireflies, these give off enough light to light up a room, and has as much utility as modern day torches and flashlights. Under their piercing rays, hidden traps, secrets, and buried treasure can become visible. Valuable for any treasure hunter or explorer. Some get a sorcerer to summon one. Others use diplomacy. Others just attract one using patterns of light made by coloured glass frames.

Comment

• One of the most feared and tactically frustrating elements of warfare with the Ys is the plethora of methods the Ys have for taking to the air: Demons, self given wings, elementals, enchanted chariots, and so forth. While the Ys rarely mass an entire force of such ariel attacks, this was what made the normally invincible Plannequin vulenerable to conquest. In fact, larger Ys war vessels resemble in a way modern aircraft carriers--agatae or similair creatures carrying Ys marines and princes into battle.

Many Limbed Manual

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
                          One of the most feared and tactically frustrating elements of warfare with the Ys is the plethora of methods the Ys have for taking to the air: Demons, self given wings, elementals, enchanted chariots, and so forth. While the Ys rarely mass an entire force of such ariel attacks, this was what made the normally invincible Plannequin vulenerable to conquest. In fact, larger Ys war vessels resemble in a way modern aircraft carriers--agatae or similair creatures carrying Ys marines and princes into battle.
                          Adding on to this, Sorcery brings in a variety of difficulties and enhancements for waging war. For instance, the wind and waves always favor the sorcerer. There are specialized sorcery spells which trade the splash damage of the Fiery Raptor for increased range and precision, which means that there are now snipers. A single sorcerer can break a shield wall or trigger a rout, or annihilate a fortress's water supplies, thereby forcing a surrender. Sorcerers are mightier than any mortal, with far more options to boot, in a much smaller package than any army or horde of merchants which other forms of mortal power take place.

Thus in some places they are used like consultants, mercenaries, or spec ops.

Comment

• Very very high essence Lunars start to uncomfortably resemble Raksha, including gaining E6+ charms that act more like wyld glamours than charms, culminating in an E9 charm that resembles Wyld-Shaping Technique.

//////////

Dragon-blooded can learn celestial circle spells and sidereal martial arts.

...they just won't be dragon-blooded exactly anymore.

In the end, the Dragon-Blooded Host are, distantly, Primordal Exalted. Their ultimate progenitor is one of the architects of the world, a being so grand that Luna herself was captivated with her. Terrestrials who achieve Essence 7 or so are capable, if they look hard enough, of tapping into the Primordial strength of Gaia and the Elemental Dragons (how exactly, I have not decided yet, but it probably involves going to the appropriate pole or even all of them).

Whatever the case, once they have undergone this ascension, they are...something. Not a Dragon-Blooded. But something else. Something nobody ever in Creation has ever witnessed. Even the Dragon-Blooded of the first age were utterly unaware of this, for under the boot of the Celestials they were corralled into remaining Terrestrial. But the Solars are dead, the Sidereals are fractured, and the Yozis, as broken as they may be, can provide clues for in the end, they are still Primordial. Perhaps even the insane Neverborn can provide some others. And Autochthon, in the mythic event that his people contact Creation and awaken him, can perhaps provide the best clues. After their ascension, a DB possesses the following traits:

-They no longer can pass on their Exaltation to their children. They are, after all, no longer Terrestrial Exalted.

-Magic that detects the type of being something is no longer pegs them as Exalted, or even anything known to Creation at all. Someone observing the data without knowing who they are would, in fact, notice that they are uncomfortably close to a second-circle demon in their essence signatures. Charms, spells, and other magics which effect different kinds of supernatural beings differently effect them as...demons, though they are not considered Creatures of Darkness.

-The Once-Dragon-Blood no longer has the shackles that bind their essence. They may learn Celestial circle spells and Sidereal Martial Arts, though they require even more effort than Solars and Abyssals do. They ignore the Terrestrial keyword on their martial arts--and the Immaculate Styles gain new Mastery effects that only they and other Ascended Dragon-Blooded can access. Their Excellencies may now add (Attribute + Ability-2) dice to their rolls.

-They are always considered to be in the aura of their aspect no matter what. They do not always appear to be, but they may freely access anything in their charms that requires that aura. If the effect simply requires being in Aura, then they can use it with no issue; if it specifically expends aura, then they technically do not have access to it for the following turn before it immediately re-appears. This does not count as their "aura slot", so to speak--they can enter the aura of the other aspects simultaneously, though these behave like normal aura.

-They gain the ability to learn a small set of charms that lets them make bespoke elementals...in a manner worryingly reminiscent of how second-circle demons make first-circle demons (I have not memorized the DB ch3e charmset so if they already can do this whoops lol).

-Their quasi-Primordial nature bestows a few strange effects on them: they are outside of fate; they may view dreamstones of the Games of Divinity without being driven mad (in other words, their reaction to the GoD are like that of gods); gods attempting to attack them suffer a -1 penalty when their anima is active, as they are struggling against a weak version of the Geas; they are notably resistant towards the mutating effects of the Wyld; Yozis and Neverborn find them...odd to witness, as they feel...weirdly familiar; they are effectively immortal, unless some utterly catastrophic apocalypse utterly removes their Aspect and the associated pole from Creation (at which point the entire world is gonna end anyway), though they can still be slain through wounds or magical diseases.

The ascended Dragon-Blood will no doubt be considered Anathema by their peers in the Realm and Lookshy. Gods and Sidereals find them disconcerting. Demons and Yozis find them them oddly familiar. Lunars innately sense their closeness to their Primordial patron, the lover of their own patron, and deal with this...in their own unique ways. Alchemicals do too, but in the sense that the ascended dragon-blood feels innately Primordial to them; the Jade caste has no effect on them, and they have no effect on it.

Why is this? Who knows. Perhaps the Exalted were all intended to be epic heroes, not merely the Lawgivers, and even the Dragon-Blooded can mythically ascend beyond their intended purpose. Perhaps Autochthon and Gaia put this in the Terrestrial Exaltation to serve as a last-minute resort should they have to rise up and slaughter their Celestial masters to save creation; but that doesn't mesh with the fact that it's such a singular and hard thing to do...

Comment

• Originally posted by Frostav View Post
                              -They gain the ability to learn a small set of charms that lets them make bespoke elementals...in a manner worryingly reminiscent of how second-circle demons make first-circle demons (I have not memorized the DB ch3e charmset so if they already can do this whoops lol).
                              In 3E, they can.

But the rest of your post reads very High 2E.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Where there is no 3e lore, I substitute 2e lore. In general, I think what 3e stuff exists for now to be a lot better than the 2e stuff, but hey, gotta patch up the holes of stuff that isn't gonna be dealt with for a while.

My goal with this headcanon was to make a way for dragon-blooded to go past their intended limits without it just being cheap "hey now they arbitrarily get to do this". So I went for "if you do this you aren't even a Terrestrial anymore, you're...something"

Comment

Working...
                                X