No announcement yet.

Your Headcanon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Scarlett Empress is not in Malfeas, She is not "Missing". After Years (Literal ages) of studying, talking with and negotiating with Demons, Solar's and other kinds of Celestial Exalt, she has learned a way of becoming something new... something that will change the very definition of what it means to be a "Child of the Dragons". Her disappearance is simply a Massive Celestial level working designed to alter her being into something closer to a Celestial Exalt... While still allowing it to be inherited.

Light and Dark are two Sides of a Coin... Humanity is What Happens when it Lands on it's Edge.

Comment

• Originally posted by HalfTangible View Post
      I like to say that the Solar-Lunar relationship is amicable in all instances and any implication of abuse is just that (an implication) but on the off chance I decide otherwise, this is what I'll go with:

---

A Solar abusing his Lunar mate is an abomination. Such a crime in the Solar Deliberative was exceedingly rare, even in their final days, but it did happen. And on those occasions where it was discovered, the Solar that dared to damage his bondmate in such a way would be hunted down - not just by other Lunars, but by the Solars as well. To harbor such a being was to invite death, to protect them tantamount to suicide. The sun, the moon, the dragons, even the very stars would be united in finding and punishing you.

No Solar lasted long under such conditions.

Why do you think so many of the Lunars fought and died alongside their mates? The Solars may have gone mad in their last days, but the Lunars were still their friends, their lovers, their companions. For these Lunars, there was no other choice.
      Would that work in reverse as well? What happens if you get two mates that simply don't like each other, whether due to things before Exaltation or just having incompatible personalities, are their own preferences overridden by the bond?

Comment

• Originally posted by WarDragon View Post

Would that work in reverse as well? What happens if you get two mates that simply don't like each other, whether due to things before Exaltation or just having incompatible personalities, are their own preferences overridden by the bond?
        I see a few different possibilities

1) Solar and Lunar exaltations are linked even when they're not in their Chosen; they won't bond with someone that their bondmate wouldn't AT LEAST be ambivalent towards.

2) The bond is a pleasant thing for the Exalt to fulfill, and it's difficult to hate someone when being near them makes you happy. Even if they start out hating each other, they'll bond over time (since that's usually what you need for people to get along; have them spend more time together). This one's my personal favorite.

3) They're rivals more than friends. (iirc, that's actually listed as a possibility for the mate). Some fighting is expected between these two.

4) They never meet. Creation is a big place, it's possible.

FTR: I specifically mean abusing the bond. If a Solar and Lunar just have a fight, that's not as big a deal.

My wordpress
        Let's Play Warcraft 3 (Updates Thursdays)

Comment

• Originally posted by WarDragon View Post

I see a few different possibilities

1) Solar and Lunar exaltations are linked even when they're not in their Chosen; they won't bond with someone that their bondmate wouldn't AT LEAST be ambivalent towards.

2) The bond is a pleasant thing for the Exalt to fulfill, and it's difficult to hate someone when being near them makes you happy. Even if they start out hating each other, they'll bond over time (since that's usually what you need for people to get along; have them spend more time together). This one's my personal favorite.

3) They're rivals more than friends. (iirc, that's actually listed as a possibility for the mate). Some fighting is expected between these two.

4) They never meet. Creation is a big place, it's possible.

FTR: I specifically mean abusing the bond. If a Solar and Lunar just have a fight, that's not as big a deal.

My wordpress
          Let's Play Warcraft 3 (Updates Thursdays)

Comment

• Blocking Saturn's sign is both a curse and a blessing, provided someone even manages that.
            It isn't just a protection against the touch of death. Saturn is not just Death, she is Endings.
            All meaningful changes requiring the end of one thing or another, one cannot hope to transcend their current state, much like a ghost.
            It isn't invulnerability, either. Should a valiant warrior reach such a person with the point of their blade, the wound will not heal, and should they strike what would be otherwise a killing blow, the pain will last and the blood keep pouring.
            Whoever blocks Saturn's sign may, sooner or later, beg for her return.
            Ask the Neverborn how they feel like about the inability to die properly.

Part-time table flipper.

Comment

• By "works in reverse," I meant the Lunar abusing the Solar, a possibility that everyone always seems to discount.

And I dunno if I can agree, I like the idea that hatred can be as strong a bond as love, and that it could push you to either extreme.

Comment

• There is no signature god blooded.
                The old guy in the artwork is another Starblessed known only as the Kejakling and is the 47th to hold such a title, he delights in faking heart attacks and strokes around members of the Five Score Fellowship who mistake him for his great grandfather.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

• Crossbows are common in Creation.

Triremes aren't.

The Realm uses junks instead.

Darkframe - Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.

"The weeping in the world will not decrease if we do not weep together."

Comment

• The topic of which is the most powerful animal god is a subject of great debate among theologians, priests, and scholars.

Some argue for the great Mammoth Avatar, Iravati, whose herd prospers amid the ice of the far North, protected by their matriarch's orichalcum inscribed tusks.
                    Others say it is Asena, the Grey Wolf, who is renowned for her wisdom and cunning, patron and mother to many rulers throughout history.
                    Still others tout the keen eyes and fierce justice of the Wind Lord, the Eagle-king who rules the creatures of the skys on mighty wings of gold.
                    And yet still more say that instead it is Actia, the Lady of Moths. Shieldmaiden of Luna herself, whose charges are sometimes called Luna Moths in her honor, and whose great legend is story for another time.

All are wrong. Those in Heaven acknowledge instead a different being as the most prestigious of the animal gods: The Prince with 10,000 Enemies, the Magistrate of Hares. Near every predator across Creation relies upon the bounty of The Prince's kin, who are found in literally every corner of the world. Legends of his assignations and humorous cunning are found in every culture, turning the strength of his enemies against themselves with clever traps and tricks. At the heart of every warren humans use to raise rabbits for food and fur is a shrine to his honor. If rumors are to be believed, he is even a close friend of the Unconquered Sun himself after he tricked the Most High into giving the Prince the Sun's turn at the Games of Divinity. An act Ignis Divine found amusing in its sheer audacity. Beware those who would make him their foe, for while the truest of friends, he is also the most implaccable of foes. And the Prince with 10,000 Enemies has humbled far mightier beings...

Comment

• Originally posted by Galatine View Post
                      The topic of which is the most powerful animal god is a subject of great debate among theologians, priests, and scholars.

Some argue for the great Mammoth Avatar, Iravati, whose herd prospers amid the ice of the far North, protected by their matriarch's orichalcum inscribed tusks.
                      Others say it is Asena, the Grey Wolf, who is renowned for her wisdom and cunning, patron and mother to many rulers throughout history.
                      Still others tout the keen eyes and fierce justice of the Wind Lord, the Eagle-king who rules the creatures of the skys on mighty wings of gold.
                      And yet still more say that instead it is Actia, the Lady of Moths. Shieldmaiden of Luna herself, whose charges are sometimes called Luna Moths in her honor, and whose great legend is story for another time.

All are wrong. Those in Heaven acknowledge instead a different being as the most prestigious of the animal gods: The Prince with 10,000 Enemies, the Magistrate of Hares. Near every predator across Creation relies upon the bounty of The Prince's kin, who are found in literally every corner of the world. Legends of his assignations and humorous cunning are found in every culture, turning the strength of his enemies against themselves with clever traps and tricks. At the heart of every warren humans use to raise rabbits for food and fur is a shrine to his honor. If rumors are to be believed, he is even a close friend of the Unconquered Sun himself after he tricked the Most High into giving the Prince the Sun's turn at the Games of Divinity. An act Ignis Divine found amusing in its sheer audacity. Beware those who would make him their foe, for while the truest of friends, he is also the most implaccable of foes. And the Prince with 10,000 Enemies has humbled far mightier beings...

headcannon accepted

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

• While the craftsmen and heroes of Creation give their artifact weapons descriptive names, Autochthonia has a different convention fkr it's magical tools. Due to it's industial/technological mindset, they are often given alpha-numeric designators. Vb--123, or dk-1520 for example.

Comment

• The First Shogun was a black woman

Comment

• Originally posted by Flare View Post
                            The First Shogun was a black woman

In my headcanon, the majority of Shoguns were women.

I write things.

Comment

• Sidereals must make large ostentatious hand gestures when applying a fate to someone/thing. preferably babbling something ridiculous.

Comment

• Devon - of the Devonian School of Thought - was the first to quantify Essence in any applicable scale.
                                Gods and Primordials, being creatures of the abstract, hardly had reason to take such an analytical approach. Even as great wonders such as the Loom of Fate were built, never did one think in terms of "it uses this and that much energy".

Thus, the term Mote of Essence came to be; the atomic unit most sorcerous engineers use these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X