No announcement yet.

Your Headcanon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Games of Divinity are basically Civ 5.

..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
      The Games of Divinity are basically Civ 5.

Unrelatedly, I'd kill for an Exalted-flavored Civ mod.

But sexually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
        The Games of Divinity are basically Civ 5.
        Originally posted by Ellis View Post

Unrelatedly, I'd kill for an Exalted-flavored Civ mod.

And relatedly so would the Incarna.

I write things.

Comment

• Much about the nature of Creation was changed due to the events of the Primordial War. Some aspects were so destroyed even the momory of them has been kost. To most. If pne were curious enough, and knew where to look you canstill find some traces still surviving

One place is in the very language of Old Realm. There are still words and phrases usedin that tongue that have no meaning in other languages as the subject no longer properly exists. For example, the title the Mask of Winters does not translate into ant other tongue because none have a word for "Winter". Most who hear it guess it was a season, but as it does not occur any more they have no idea what it was like.

Comment

• (There are quite a few references to winter as being a season, not just some guy's name.)

Comment

• "Ah, y'see winter is an old name for the season of air. It's where we get the word 'wind' from."

Comment

• "You can call it air, if that's what you please, but I say I like winter."

I write things.

Comment

• Ironically enough, preliminary Googling suggests that "winter" is actually related to "water".

But sexually.

Comment

• Saturn isn't just the Maiden of death, but also of birth; because birth is the end of pregnancy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lundgren View Post
                      Saturn isn't just the Maiden of death, but also of birth; because birth is the end of pregnancy.
                      Reminds me of a head canon god I made some time ago:

Kol-Ahn, The Rot-God. Overseer of Life-in-Death. Every century Kol-Ahn is born by a great cataclysm. The burning of the Emerald Sea Forest. The sacking of the city of Enduul. The breaking of the Breath of Paisap Mountain range. From these most horrible and tragic works of Saturn he emerges to encourage the new growth that follows Endings. The ashes of the Emerald Sea become farmland and new woods. The philosophers of Enduul scatter throughout the Directions to spread the ideals and learning of their lost home. The Breath of Paisap reveals a heretofore lost land with people's and cultures of its own. After the stars of the Violet Bier determine his work is Ended, Kohl-Ahn comes before Saturn to kiss the hem of her robes and thus End himself in preparation for his next rebirth in catastrophe. In this way he embodies his role.

Comment

• I've considered that Hun and Po souls being able to project a physical form is them working as intended to facilitate raising the dead up as divine servants hence why a broken cycle of reincarnation gives way to ghosts.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                        Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

• I think I'll adopt this one from EarthScorpion and/or Aleph concerning the Sword of Creation:

The Grid was built by super-genius Solars who exhaustively built it so no lone madman could use it to destroy Creation. It will kill anyone whose highest goal when activating it isn't the preservation of Creation – and it will refuse to activate for anyone who has defences up which would stop it killing them. It will kill you if you have mental defences up which stop it from reading your intent. It will kill you if you are not one of the types of Exalt which fought in the Primordial War. It will kill you if you have supernatural mental influence on you because that might mean someone is using you as a pawn. It will kill you if you are tainted by the Yozis. It will kill you if you are tainted by the Wyld. It will kill you if you are tainted by necrotic Essence. Even beginning the activation process is effectively an Eclipse oath that you will not prevent it from killing you if it finds you a threat to Creation.

If a lot of Cauldronists towards the end of the High First Age had tried to activate it? Even with the more generous conditions for using it when you're not a lone emergency user like the Scarlets, it would have killed them.

So, yes. If your goal in life is to become emperor, it will kill you.
                          My additions to that:

The Scarlet Empress hasn't been able to use it in centuries because her motivation changed from preserving Creation to preserving the Realm and her temporal power. (I think somebody else came up with this before, but I don't know who.)

Either no spirits were used at all in the construction of the Realm Defense Grid, or every last one of them was killed with Ghost-Eating Technique immediately afterwards. Lytek was ordered by the Solar Deliberative and bound by an elder Eclipse to eliminate all memories of its construction (and of the binding of the Yozis) from the builders' exaltations after their deaths, and never to reveal anything he learned of them. All other records were destroyed by elder Celestials. All ghosts and Underworld records pertaining to these things were aggressively destroyed. By the time of the Contagion, no record or sapient mind contained any information on how the Grid's security was hardwired, with the possible exceptions of Lytek, the Incarnae, and/or Autochthon.

The Bronze Faction didn't allow Lytek to remove such memories during the Usurpation, before locking the exaltations away. They assumed those Solars would never reincarnate...

The Scarlet Bride, as an akuma, cannot use the Sword of Creation at all. Neither can any other Infernal, nor anyone under the influence of the Broken-Winged Crane. Unless they somehow break through and completely rebuild its security protocols – but if that's possible at all, it would take centuries of brilliant work by the greatest Infernal and demon artificers – and involve several deaths, although the Grid can't ghost-eat spirits.

TL;DR = Scarlet Empress akuma + Realm Defense Grid is not an apocalyptic Doom on the verge of destroying Creation.
                          Last edited by Erinys; 08-18-2016, 02:45 PM.

I am extremely literal-minded and always write very literally. If I don't say something explicitly, please never assume I implied it. The only exception is if I try to joke.
                          Exalted name-generators, Infernal and 1E-2.5E homebrew from many authors

Comment

• * Spirit Speech is a language much given to dramatic pronouncements. This is partly due to the vocabulary of the language itself, which has a dearth of words expressing certainty, confidence, and future-resolution and relatively few for uncertainty, doubt, or circumspection. The rest comes from the culture of the gods of Yu-Shan, who learned from their forebears how to look and act like they were the undisputed masters of their domains. Expressing a nuanced opinion of anything in spirit speech is normally done through artfully crafted metaphors, or by implying the existence of an idea by speaking assertively around it.

* Ozdis is the celestial god of house fires - specifically, blazes that run out of control in people's homes. An unpopular god, peers describe him as unpleasant, vain, greedy, and wrathful in temperament, and possessed of a sense of entitlement that is considered excessive even for a celestial deity. Despite the seeming narrowness of his domain, he has become very wealthy by egregiously exploiting a loophole in Heavenly law that allows him to claim anything destroyed in a house fire as a sacrifice to him. Thus, despite the fact the practically no one prays to Ozdis voluntarily, he gains an extraordinary amount of ambrosia from acts of arson and household accidents. By all accounts, his willingness to profit from the misfortune of others knows no bounds.

* Conscientious Li is the god of small commerce - impromptu swaps between friends, small dealers running market stalls, and just about any other kind of trade that doesn't involve contracts or large numbers of people. Li loves every part of his job, so much so that he runs a night market during his off-hours and turns almost every interaction with other gods and mortals into some kind of business deal. He particularly enjoys trading in immaterial goods - favors, secrets, and especially contacts. Li likes being someone who knows everyone, who can hook up any supplier with any demand. But there is a dark side to Li's dealings - after all, back-alley trades and under-the-counter deals are also in his purview. Through his night market, Li quietly enables criminal activity throughout Yu-Shan, connecting money launderers, dealers in illegal drugs, and embezzlers.

* Ralu, The Serpent who Makes A Pact, is a second-circle demon of The Ebon Dragon whose behavior and characteristics are very atypical for demons. He seems to have the ability to leave Malfeas freely, of his own volition, any time he chooses. There is a ritual to call him without binding him, which he may or may not choose to answer. Ralu generally takes great pains to avoid being trapped by the magic of other beings.

Ralu has the ability to see the secret desires of others, and if it is within his power to do so he can grant your dearest wish. However, Ralu will always demand something in exchange that the wisher should not give away - the life of a loved one, all your childhood memories, or your soul, to name a few examples. More often than not, this results in the wisher's ruin or more desperate pleas to Ralu for help. The demon delights in giving people rope to hang themselves and taking precious things from them in return. Rarely, someone very lucky or very clever can get the better of Ralu in a deal or escape from one of his agreements, but this does not mean they are free of him - Ralu never forgets, and he will take satisfaction in tormenting the descendants or even the reincarnations of people he feels have cheated him.

* "Doom" is the colloquial name given to the mysterious, silent, black-clad, masked humanoids that wander the worlds at Saturn's command. Their purpose is to watch the endings of specific people - mortal or spiritual - or sometimes institutions. They are very rarely seen, and their very existence is mostly hearsay even in Yu-Shan. They are said to be skilled with concealing magic and the arts of stealth, and are blessed with an uncanny toughness. No one is known to have ever killed a Doom, although that may be because no one has ever truly tried. Indeed, there would be little reason do such a thing, as Dooms are not known to actively participate in any of the events they witness and willfully interfering with one is by itself cause for Heavenly censorship. They cannot - or do not - speak, and the extent of their intelligence is unclear. The reasons why a Doom might be assigned to a particular person or thing is always classified at the highest level within the Violet Bier. All of this mystery has given rise to a belief that a Doom is bad luck to be around. Gods who become aware of their presence try to avoid them.
                            Last edited by semicasual; 08-19-2016, 04:55 PM.

On the frontier of the Wild South, there's only one woman with the grit to take on its most dangerous outlaws and bring them Back Alive, or Maybe Dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erinys View Post
                              I think I'll adopt this one from EarthScorpion and/or Aleph concerning the Sword of Creation:

My additions to that:

The Scarlet Empress hasn't been able to use it in centuries because her motivation changed from preserving Creation to preserving the Realm and her temporal power. (I think somebody else came up with this before, but I don't know who.)

Either no spirits were used at all in the construction of the Realm Defense Grid, or every last one of them was killed with Ghost-Eating Technique immediately afterwards. Lytek was ordered by the Solar Deliberative and bound by an elder Eclipse to eliminate all memories of its construction (and of the binding of the Yozis) from the builders' exaltations after their deaths, and never to reveal anything he learned of them. All other records were destroyed by elder Celestials. All ghosts and Underworld records pertaining to these things were aggressively destroyed. By the time of the Contagion, no record or sapient mind contained any information on how the Grid's security was hardwired, with the possible exceptions of Lytek, the Incarnae, and/or Autochthon.

The Bronze Faction didn't allow Lytek to remove such memories during the Usurpation, before locking the exaltations away. They assumed those Solars would never reincarnate...

The Scarlet Bride, as an akuma, cannot use the Sword of Creation at all. Neither can any other Infernal, nor anyone under the influence of the Broken-Winged Crane. Unless they somehow break through and completely rebuild its security protocols – but if that's possible at all, it would take centuries of brilliant work by the greatest Infernal and demon artificers – and involve several deaths, although the Grid can't ghost-eat spirits.

TL;DR = Scarlet Empress akuma + Realm Defense Grid is not an apocalyptic Doom on the verge of destroying Creation.
                              the amount of effort EarthScorpion apparently put into making the Sword of Creation completely inaccessible instead of just ignoring it is hilarious to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erinys View Post
                                I think if you have to worry about the Scarlet Empress coming back as an Akuma you are already dealing with an above average amount of doom and denying her access to the Grid is fighting the symptoms without addressing the underlying problem. Also seems silly to have all these contingencies against tainted Exalts from something made in the early First Age- I cannot help but imagine them going.

"You know what would suck? If the Dragon-Blooded and Sidereals overthrew and killed us, imprisoned our exaltations which then fell into the hands of the Yozis and the Neverborn and were then twisted into their weapon against Creation." "You are absolutely right! We need a contingency against these hypothetical Exalts." "What about us getting murdered?" "That is not my problem."

Comment

Working...
                                X