No announcement yet.

Your Headcanon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demons always have charms that match the setting they're in. The yozis are always dimly aware of Creation, and this understanding filters down to the demon. A Sesselje knows how to correct cleft palates and carry out transplantation. A Nanake can use it's charms on computers and the internet. A heranhal can hammer out micro-electronics and such.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
      Demons always have charms that match the setting they're in... A Sesselje knows how to correct cleft palates and carry out transplantation.
      What do these two sentences have to do with each other? Knowing surgery isn't a Charm; you're essentially introducing an Air-Breathing Mermaid.

​Moreover, babies have been born with cleft palates for thousands of years. A stomach bottle bug's ability to perform a corrective procedure for such shouldn't be dictated by whether you're playing in the default or a Modern setting.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        What do these two sentences have to do with each other? Knowing surgery isn't a Charm; you're essentially introducing an Air-Breathing Mermaid.

​Moreover, babies have been born with cleft palates for thousands of years. A stomach bottle bug's ability to perform a corrective procedure for such shouldn't be dictated by whether you're playing in the default or a Modern setting.
        Fine. Couldn't think of a better example.

Comment

Fine. Couldn't think of a better example.
          Some advice for homebrewing: try not to introduce a Charm, artifact, et cetera., that closes off an option for someone who doesn't have it.

Prior editions of Exalted, for instance, had a ghostly Arcanos that permitted a ghost to produce a child with a living woman; unfortunately, it also established that doing so was the only way a ghost could contribute to the creation of a child, period. This wasn't very good for the game, as the Arcanos in question had a hefty pile of prerequisites (including, if I recall correctly, Compassion 5), and thus made most ghosts in the setting ineligible to be the parent of Ghost-Blooded children.
          Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 01-21-2019, 04:03 AM.

Comment

• So basically, talk less?

Comment

So basically, talk less?
              That's not remotely what I said.

Comment

So basically, talk less?
                Smile more...
                Don't let them know what you're against or what you're for!

^^

If you like Ex3, you can support Holden on Patreon!
                Chains of Silver and Blood, my current Ex3 campaign.
                I do maps for your games!
                Images 1, Images 2, Landscapes 1, Landscapes 2 and Musics from Creation.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeTipex View Post

Smile more...
                  Don't let them know what you're against or what you're for!

^^
                  .... ok?

Is it ok to say that my headcanon Is that demons have better night vision then humans, leading to sorcerers favouring night attacks and dark, unlit towers?

Comment

.... ok?

Is it ok to say that my headcanon Is that demons have better night vision then humans, leading to sorcerers favouring night attacks and dark, unlit towers?
                    LiTepex is quoting Hamilton, the musical, for some reason. Using blood apes as guards of unlit towers makes sense—their noses are as good as a blood hounds if I recall correctly.

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post

LiTepex is quoting Hamilton, the musical, for some reason. Using blood apes as guards of unlit towers makes sense—their noses are as good as a blood hounds if I recall correctly.
                      Source? I know they eat marrow....

Comment

Source? I know they eat marrow....
                        The Core, 3e.
                        Hm...I thought they had keen nose, but that was Gorillas, my mistake. Their sense die is the same as a dogs (6)--dogs have the merit Keen Nose as well, so are better--even if there tracking is worse. Whoops.

I did a lot of homebrew over here. PEACH.

Comment

• Lunars suffer from a very subtle curse laid upon them by the Sidereals during the Usurpation. Whenever Lunars meet in a social setting, they tend to wind up bickering. The Lunars don't actually mind, because it's an excuse to brawl and challenge. By this point, it's basically expected.

It does become a problem if other Chosen are around, however, so Lunar/mixed meets are carefully monitored and tended with gentle but firm guidance to keep the Lunars on-topic. Also to minimize collateral damage and dry cleaning bills.

[ I jest in good fun! ]

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

.... ok?
                            You qued the first half of a Hamilton verse

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
                              He's also banned, so it's a bit of a moot point at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

But why? What function?

Comment

Working...
                                X