Your Headcanon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Fool of Creation View Post
    An interesting expansion of mortal thaumaturgy, though I would personally replace Occult with Lore (since Occult is innate in 3e while Lore is learned).
    Page reference?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Exalted 3e (p. 155): "Occult represents an intrinsic facility for dealing with Creation's mystical and otherworldly elements." Intrinsic means inherent, hereditary, genetic, natural, essential, etc., basically a quality that someone is born with rather than a quality that someone can learn. An intrinsic facility is a talent that one is born with, which suggests that Occultism is an Ability that one can only develop if you are born with the innate talent (basically, no mortal character should be able to 'learn' it, just improve it if they already have it).

Of course, this is up to the individual ST, but I prefer using Lore for rote magic, since it can represent correct knowledge of rituals rather than an innate sensitivity. A village witch would be a learned mortal, probably with Lore 3+ and Medicine 3+, and, using the expanded thaumaturgy rule, would have learned a couple of types of thaumaturgy from their predecessor and/or neighboring village witches. An especially talented witch may have Occult 1+ while a rare witch may have sorcery (the expanded thaumaturgy allows one to keep Occult uncommon and sorcery rare in the setting).

Comment

• I think this is more a "intrinsic was perhaps the wrong word to use" thing.

It's an ability. If it really was "intrinsic" in that sense, it would be an attribute.

Comment

• I guess to further add contrast in my preferred view of scaling of thaumaturgy and preferred setting, most folks who claim to be holy men, mystics, or whatever, aren't. A lot of stuff that was "mundane magic" in 2e is just...normal pplications of Abilities. You don't need to do magic to do make medicine, you just need to know the right herbs, minerals and animal bits to make them. It's just being a good doctor (Medicine), scholar (Lore) or naturalist (Survival). There isn't some magical "animal husbandry" thing. Folks just you know, know how to selectively breed animals like they do on Earth. You don't need to know magic to forge bronze or make a kilm, you don't need magic to breed fluffier sheep or turn tree bark into pain-killer.

Some of the more overtly supernatural things are agian, just basic applicaitons of Occult. Salt wards v. ghosts? Occult. Knowing to use iron to fend-off fairies? Occult and probably som e Craft to actually put the iron into a useful shape. Knowing how to negotiate or summon a demon? Occult to know hwat are the cracks in the world to get it. I just don't think that a lot fhtings that were this special category of thaumturgy need to well, be a special category.

Even more overt stuff, like the aformentioend fortune-teller who actually can tell the future, or the alchemist who can do miraculous materila-changes, are rare. Most alchemists in Creaiton probably are as successful at getting lead and sulfur to make anything but cinnabar as folks on Earth ever have been. Most diviners, speakers with the dead, or holy prophets are well, not. At least, again, no more than anyone on Earth is. The people who do do genuine magical stuff are rarea nd genuinely unique. You can't just make more of them, and for a lot of people in Creation, they aren't going ot know the difference.

I think that the wise woman in a town most of the time is just you know, a wise woman who knows how to do things anyone could do but only one who knows how to do them, is more interesting than every wise woman being really a hedge mage. In part because I think the world is more itneresting when what is actually not magical is made that due to general ignornace. This makes people in Creation feel more like well, people to me as it is not dismilar to humans on Earth. It makes people with genuinely uncanny powers well, uncanny rather than expected. And it creates more room for folks who fuck things up thinking they know what they're doing, or hucksters who don't care.

And stuff.
          My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

• Or people who're both, like Cugel the Clever.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Fool of Creation View Post
              Exalted 3e (p. 155): "Occult represents an intrinsic facility for dealing with Creation's mystical and otherworldly elements."
              Hmm... My copy reads "instinctive" rather than "intrinsic".

Comment

• Darn it, I had something particular for this, but I can't remember...

For the moment, I'm imagining the Gigantes of Dis as coming in three varieties; tall, lean scholars and magistrates with very expressive faces, relatively short and stocky warriors (including the smallest of their kind who can fit into the greatest variety of places), and the heavy shouldered and lumpy muscled (but with very precise and delicate hands) workers, who tend to be the largest (including the occasional oddity who rivals a behemoth in size).

This is because I would want to unify the three varieties of giant featured in the Dark Souls series within them.

It's unfortunate that doing so kind of feels like just ripping off the Mountain Folk.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                  Darn it, I had something particular for this, but I can't remember...
                  Now I do.

Asbestos has become fashionable as a material for Fire Aspects. I don't think it's actually necessary to protect their clothes from their own animas, and I'd say their anima power would extend its protection from surrounding flame, but I'm imagining it as an image that they like to cultivate.

Possibly also a particular display of wealth, considering how expensive it probably is to acquire sufficient asbestos to produce a full set of clothing...

Oh, well, that handily resolves the question of why such a thing would happen; somebody with an abundance of asbestos (or a deficiency of indebted Fire Aspects) went around spreading the idea that they'd project a good image if they wore clothes made from a flame retardant and hard to acquire material, for the sake of making large amounts of money. Banking a bit on characteristic Fire Aspect vanity.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                  Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                    Or people who're both, like Cugel the Clever.
                    Yep. When the guy you think was the hundredth huckster you are about to arrest is actually a sorcerer, shit gets fun.

And stuff.

Comment

• Tepet Arada will rise up to Essence 6 when he has found a cause to fight for again, which would mainly have to revolve around the PCs. Basically symbolizing a second wind and a reconfirmation of his resolve to pick up his Daiklave and go out into the Realm again to defend whats important to him.

Comment

• The flames of Exigence are neither infinite nor fixed in quantity - they’re a replenishing resource. If the Unconquered Sun were to give out the flames of Exigence to every god it would be spent and not replenish before he was done, but as long as some of it remains unextended the flames are fanned by the heroic deeds of Creation’s mortals and will gradually grow. So as long as the unconquered Sun is temperate with the dispersion of the flames, there will be more to use (assuming mortals continue to survive and do heroic things).
                        Last edited by glamourweaver; 05-07-2019, 06:44 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Actually ran this as a game setting for ~6(?) years.

First, there are 500 Solars, (and thus 500 Lunars), and half of them went to be the Abysals/Infernals, where they were split evenly between the two groups.

Second, not only did I take the setting as Exalted is the origin of Old World of Darkness, I actually made that my canon. I have a 195 page modified version of the Fair Folk book that starts like this: (link, I do not claim to own the original text, https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...XdLLWFvNTI4Z1U)

Title: Mage/Tyrant Ascension Guide
                          Date: 03/16/14
                          Series: Victorian Mage
                          Revision: 3.703
                          Document Contents:
                          1. Orientation Statement (p.1)
                          2. Ascension Fluff (p.1)
                          3. Compatibility Notes (p.2)
                          4. Tyrant Template (p.7)
                          5. Raksha Charms (p.32 ;Merged GWM with Scroll of Errata plus extra charms: Gifts Ungiven
                          [p.83], Stolen Brilliance of the Green Sun [p.84], Dower of the Black Sun [p.85], Reconstructed
                          Designs Of The Great Maker [p.85], False Exaltation Of The Moon [p.86] / Stars [p.87] / Earth
                          [p.88] / Sun [p.89], Root [p.138] / Bulb [p.138] / Blossom of the Perfected Lotus [p.139]),
                          Mutations Reference (p.163), Necrotech Reference (p.190).
                          6. Narrative Magic Table (p.10)
                          7. Tyrant-specific Charms (p.11)
                          8. Wizard/Tyrant Martial-Arts (p.19)

Orientation Statement:
                          In the Mage: The Ascension line, one of the things that they really lean on thematically is the
                          idea of “Ascension” (hell, it's in the name). However, they didn't actually provide much support to
                          “ascend”. Sure there's some ST-only stuff about Archmages and Oracles, but those are limited to a page
                          or two of hand-waving. This document is all about filling in the gaps, and allowing Mages a form of
                          “Ascension” that they can really sink their teeth into: learning the dark secret behind Ascension. It
                          contains additional mechanics ranging from templates and charms to additional content imported from
                          the Exalted game-line. Every effort has been made to keep the canon of Mage consistent with this new
                          content, as well as that of the Exalted line. Some minor deviations are unavoidable of course, but
                          they're allowable for the sake of fun.

Ascension Fluff:
                          There is a dark secret behind this Ascension business that everyone's always going on about. It's
                          one that you can't really understand without beginning the road to Ascension yourself. Sure the world's
                          a big weird place, where the Mundus of Consensus Reality holds dominance in this great layer-cake of
                          planes that we call the Tellurian. But here's the rub: Ascension isn't about learning about the “what?” of
                          reality, it's about knowing the “why?”. Why is reality the way it is? Sounds like a rhetorical question if
                          I've ever heard one. Until you realize that its not rhetorical at all... it is vitally important to know. Why
                          is reality the way it is? Because something out there made it that way. Something like a person, but not
                          quite. Something like a god, but not quite. This Something is what the road to Ascension leads to. A
                          Mage walking the road doesn't just come to understand the Something that makes reality the way it is,
                          they become one. If you believe some folks, the mages were always of a kind with the Something, but
                          just didn't know it.

Enough beating around the bush: Ascension lies in three facts. First, reality exists because
                          sentient beings decided it should be so. I don't know who started it, but I can tell you that there have
                          been several waves of them. I can't stress this enough though—reality happens because something
                          decided it should. Physics? Someone thought that was a neat idea, and so it is. Machines? The one who
                          created the concept of machines wanted toys to play with. Everything that is, is driven by this principle.
                          Secondly, mages aren't different from the things that invented reality. We don't know it, trapped
                          in the mundane world we live in, but a mage is not a regular human anymore. It may look like a human,
                          and act like a human, but that's just because it hasn't decided to stop pretending to be a human yet. The
                          first step toward the road to Ascension is to realize that you have the choice. It's scary to look behind
                          the mask that you've worn all your life, and see the … thing that you really are. A chunk of the cosmos
                          that decided it would be fun to be a person. You aren't really human. You don't really feel things like
                          humans do. You are a living narrative---the story of you and what mark you will leave on the world.
                          You may be good at pretending otherwise, but the core isn't flesh and blood, its will and motivation.
                          Third, you can Ascend; it's happened before many times. What does that mean though? Let me
                          give you an example: Ishvara Maya is one mage who ascended, becoming the shinma Avidya, the
                          universal principle of Subjective Reality. Before the ascension, Maya was powerful in her own right,
                          but no more than any arch-mage today. Somehow, Maya's story grew until the whole world was caught
                          up in its narrative, making her into a universal aspect of reality. Because of her we have the Tellurian
                          instead of just a single plane. After her ascension, it became retroactively true, that the world had
                          always been thus. There are others you can look up on your own, but it won't help you ascend yourself.
                          You're still part of their tales, after all, and so their road is already filled. Your narrative can grow to
                          encompass the world too, that is the truth behind Ascension.
                          What does that change for you now? In truth, very little. You can still do the same things
                          tomorrow that you did yesterday, and live a full life as a person living in the mundane world. You can
                          do this, but no matter what, you can't forget that being a person is not your nature. Underneath it all is
                          something fundamentally inhuman, and the only thing preventing it from growing into a monstrosity is
                          your choices. You must choose the tale that you will tell.

Compatibility Notes for oWoD/Exalted
                          Summary:
                          Mages are secretly Tyrant Raksha, who have created themselves in creation. This doesn't make them a
                          different supernatural type, but it does give them access to additional discipline-like powers they can
                          purchase called Charms. The transition from normal mage to a Tyrant need not change a thing about the
                          character, but it does allow them to purchase things, and typically applies a level-up template to
                          represent the sudden enlightenment of realizing their place in the universe. All factions and orders and
                          paradigms work with this stuff, so don't worry about that. Special exception is made for Order of
                          Reason or Technocratic Union members who wish to reject this for their own version of enlightenment
                          based around “pure science”.
                          History:
                          Beginning with the rise of Ishvara Maya who became the shinma Avidya, the true nature of reality
                          became such that it has always been possible to awaken to the true nature of the Wyld and the Raksha.
                          After this, the consequence of subjective reality was the Tellurian. People destroyed Creation by
                          believing in something different.
                          New Mechanics:
                          - Add a Crown Grace, that all Mages implicitly possess. It permits them to use Shaping powers in
                          Creation, at the expense of Paradox (Because you assert that there is truth, you must feel doubt).
                          - Extra Graces correspond to Spheres/Pillars
                          - Add Tyrant caste (Wee->Commoner->Noble->Tyrant)
                          - Self-formed Tyrants automatically get a strange minor Assumption, "Raiment of Clay and Iron"
                          (effectively a mortal, but doesn't need to feed unless it spends Glamour, its Cup, Sword, Staff, and Ring
                          Graces are 'swallowed' and unusable for shaping or using dependent charms, cannot activate any
                          assumption or mutation charms with it, is always the same mortal form once bought or learned; buying
                          it again gives you a different specific form)
                          - The stuff that normally worries about Creation-born or being in the Wyld can be used in Creation (as
                          well as anywhere it shouldn't be) with Paradox (if it has the Shaping keyword, or is a Shaping Action
                          or a Shaping Attack).
                          - There is some Paradigm concept that they choose when the form the Crown Grace, and it can only be
                          changed by destroying their Grace.
                          - If you own a Crown Grace, becoming unshaped does not destroy your "person-hood", which persists
                          in your Crown.
                          - Anything with a Shaping keyword counts as magic use in creation, and anything of that sort with the
                          Obvious keyword or similar obviousness is also Vulgar like any other spell.
                          - Remember that you lose the need to eat and drink normally, but gain the need to eat Mana.
                          Imported Normal Mechanics:
                          - Add Virtues, Bedlam, and Stunts
                          - Add Motivations and Intimacies
                          - Remove "Demeanor" and "Nature"
                          1) Virtues:
                          - EX.102, GWM.83.84
                          - Can spend a Willpower to get Virtue worth of bonus dice
                          - Can do this up to Virtue times per Season
                          - Refresh 1/Season, or 1/game without channeling
                          - One on each + 6 to spread among them
                          - Major Graces = Virtue, Minor = 1 (can be raised with XP)
                          - Must pick a Lure GWM.99
                          2) Bedlam:
                          - GWM.99.101
                          - Automatic when virtue channels exhausted
                          3) Stunts:
                          - EX.123
                          - Until Motivation is here, ignore its role
                          4) Motivations and Intimacies:
                          - EX.76.88-90, GWM.82
                          - Motivation is like a short sentence
                          - Intimacy is a connection
                          ---
                          Adjusted XP COST TABLE:
                          New XP Costs
                          Trait Increase
                          Primary/Secondary or
                          Tradition Grace
                          Cost Training Time
                          current rating x 7 month/tale
                          month/tale
                          month/tale
                          month/tale
                          month/tale
                          Other Grace current rating x 8
                          New Grace
                          Charm
                          Specialty (noble)
                          Additional Notes:
                          • Use the Scroll of Errata, without any "Stasis" mechanics, which are just stupid
                          • Essense = Arete. Mana Pool = Arete * 10. Mana per turn max is Arete + Willpower + Avatar.
                          • Mana Pools are tracked separately from your Paradox pool.
                          • Any exotic Skills can either be imported (if simply rare) or converted (if not, for example
                          Martial Arts and Brawl are equivalent, but Do may be substituted)
                          • Purchasing a Grace is just like purchasing a new Sphere/Pillar
                          • Any form of Martial Arts charms are purchased with the assumption that the character either
                          has a real teacher, or learns it by inventing a teacher for themselves using their Raksha powers.
                          The Arguments of Virtue never require a teacher for tyrants, and the two Virtues that you chose
                          when applying the tyrant template count as natural martial arts styles, costing 6xp each. As
                          well, treat all of the Raksha Shaping Stances as if they were Celestial-level martial-arts and The
                          Art of Violence Without Form as a Sidereal Martial Art, even though many of them are
                          purchasable freely by raksha.
                          • Cold Iron is less effective against the works of the Tyrants. Whenever it is mentioned as being
                          able to resist, dispel, or ignore (or similar things) the works of a Tyrant, it instead causes them
                          to take Paradox equal to the potency of their effect if they want to ignore the cold iron's effect.
                          For reference, Cold Iron never has any effect on permanent objects or effects that are made with
                          shaping or magic.
                          • Mages may purchase dots above the normal cap of 5 using the usual pricing, however, having a
                          Grace/Sphere/Pillar above 5 does not unlock additional spell functionality. It does increase your
                          dice pools accordingly, and unlock certain Charms though. If there is enough interest, Crown
                          Charms for Sphere levels 6+ will be added.
                          • Wyld Stunts may be performed in Creation, but that accumulates Paradox like any shaping
                          action. Having Style 5 allows this to be bypassed. Ignore all references to Creation-born simply
                          being able to ignore wyld stunts.
                          • Exalted-specific mechanical terms like Speed and Ticks get translated by the ST. They normally
                          have some kind of normal OwoD equivalent, and so little functionality is lost through
                          translation.
                          • Since we use rounds rather than the ticks, Combo's are only needed to stick multiple
                          non-reflexive actions together into one turn. Also, Innate Actions are not a source of Paradox.
                          • One of the reasons why you are called Tyrants: when even temporarily unshaped, a Crown
                          emanation may rewrite its other emanations as it pleases, as a shaping action. The other
                          emanations may resist, but cannot threaten the Crown with the same.
                          • Paradox can be caused by anything that Raksha do which obviously fights against the
                          Consensus Reality while mortals are watch (usually), but some powers are worse that others.
                          Raksha charms are treated the same as magic when they are especially noticeable, and as are all
                          Shaping-keyword effects. Other charms that they can buy can cause Paradox, but usually with
                          reduced impact. When a charm that is not a Raksha charm causes you Paradox, reduce that
                          Paradox by half, to a minimum of 1 point. This is due to charms being built into reality easing
                          the working of the Raksha. Conversely, Alchemicals using their charms (or any charms) never
                          cause Paradox, unless a Raksha witness is present, and does not consent to ignore them, or they
                          conflict with their Paradigm.
                          • While Raksha can get negative mutations like anyone else, their charms that give them mutation
                          points to spend are not a source of negative mutations unless they specifically mention them.
                          For things like Bestial Assumption or Fantastic Grotesquery, which provide a pool of mutation
                          points, you may not add negative mutations to gain more points to spend with that charm. There
                          are other ways to min-max yourself if that is your goal, but the charms of the natives of the
                          Wyld are not the right source.
                          Grace-related Skills
                          • Cup: Investigation, Larceny (called Subterfuge in MtA), Medicine, Performance, Stealth.
                          • Ring: Bureaucracy, Craft (especially Glamour), Integrity, Lore, Resistance (called Survival in
                          MtA).
                          • Staff: Linguistics, Occult, Ride, Socialize, Thrown.
                          • Sword: Archery, Martial Arts (called Brawl in MtA), Melee, Presence, War (called Leadership
                          in MtA)
                          Named Dice-pools:
                          • Dodge DV: (Dex + Dodge + Essense [if Essense >= 2] ) / 2
                          • Parry DV: (Dex + Brawl or Melee + Essence [if Essence >= 2]) / 2
                          • Dodge MDV: (Willpower + Integrity + Essence) / 2
                          • Parry MDV: (Charisma or Manipulation + Skill ) / 2
                          • Cup-shaping Attack: (Manipulation + [Highest Entertainer Ability] + [Weapon Accuracy])
                          • Ring-shaping Attack: (Intelligence + [Highest Worker Ability] + [Weapon Accuracy])
                          • Staff-shaping Attack: (Intelligence + [Highest Diplomat Ability] + [Weapon Accuracy])
                          • Sword-shaping Attack: (Dexterity + [Highest Warrior Ability] + [Weapon Accuracy])
                          • Cup DV = ([Manipulation + Highest Cup Ability + Weapon Defense] ÷ 2)
                          • Ring DV = ([Intelligence + Highest Ring Ability + Weapon Defense] ÷ 2)
                          • Staff DV = ([Intelligence + Highest Staff Ability + Weapon Defense] ÷ 2)
                          • Sword DV = ([Dexterity + Highest Sword Ability + Weapon Defense] ÷ 2)
                          • Heart DV = ([{Willpower ÷ 2} + Dodge + {Essence, if Essence is rated at 2+}] ÷ 2)
                          • Base Cup Attack Damage = (Manipulation + Weapon Damage)
                          • Base Ring Attack Damage = (Perception + Weapon Damage)
                          • Base Staff Attack Damage = (Charisma + Weapon Damage)
                          • Base Sword Attack Damage = (Strength + Weapon Damage)
                          • Cup Soak = (Appearance + Willpower)
                          • Ring Soak = (Wits + Willpower)
                          • Staff Soak = (Appearance + Willpower)
                          • Sword Soak = (Stamina + Willpower)
                          • Cup Health Track = (Compassion + Cup)
                          • Ring Health Track = (Temperance + Ring)
                          • Staff Health Track = (Conviction + Staff)
                          • Sword Health Track = (Valor + Sword)
                          Template: Tyrant Mage
                          1. Start with an existing Mage
                          2. Select a pair of graces form this list, one to be your primary grace and another to be your
                          secondary: Cup, Ring, Staff, Sword, and Way [if you ask nicely]. You may swap primary and
                          secondary whenever you spend XP.
                          3. Attributes: add 2 free dots to everything, plus 3/2/1 to your primary/secondary/tertiary
                          4. Add 1 point to each of 5 Abilities. Add 2 points to 3 Abilities you didn't already add a point to.
                          5. Add Virtues, 1 free dot in each, plus 6 to distribute. Then pick Lure for the highest Virtue.
                          6. Add Graces: Heart starts at 4. Crown at 1. The Primary/Secondary Graces begin equal to
                          relevant Virtues. All others begin at 1 (for Sword/Staff/Cup/Ring), 0 (Way and Spheres they
                          don't already have), or equal to their old Sphere rating in that Grace (ex: having Forces 3 gives
                          you Force Grace at 3).
                          7. Charms: 10 free, plus one free Assumption, plus anything from Birth Background. Also, the
                          special bonus Assumption of "Raiment of Clay and Iron", and the new Crown Charm
                          "Paradigmatic Assertion".
                          8. Backgrounds: You get 5 dots in each of Birth and Style. For reference:
                          ◦ Birth: A raksha can come into existence in one of three ways. Either he is forged as a
                          minion for another raksha, he is forged as an oath-child, or he is previously an unshaped
                          raksha who crosses the shinma Nirakara through the Gateway of Sundraprisha to
                          become shaped. Raksha created as minions or as commoner oath-children can achieve
                          self-determination and even rise to the level of noble (somewhere around the time the
                          raksha reaches 200 experience points). Raksha who were forged as noble oath-children
                          or who shaped themselves typically begin their existence with certain Charms built into
                          their forms automatically. This Background lets the character begin play with certain
                          Charms that are acquired automatically without spending Charm slots.
                          ▪ 0 Dots = You begin with one free Assumption Charm. You are still a commoner.
                          ▪ 1 Dot = You also begin with Ravishing the Created Form. You might have been
                          forged as a commoner (who might or might not have risen to noble status) or as a
                          commoner oath-child.
                          ▪ 2 Dots = You also begin with Banquet of Crumbs. You might have been forged as a
                          commoner (who might or might not have risen to noble status) or as a commoner
                          oath-child.
                          ▪ 3 Dots = You also begin with Essence-Forging Art and Awakened Dream
                          Manufacture. It is unlikely that you began life as a commoner, but not impossible.
                          ▪ 4 Dots = You also begin with all five Forging the (Grace) Grace Charms. You are
                          likely an unshaped raksha who has taken a shaped form or else a noble of
                          considerable experience.
                          ▪ 5 Dots = You also begin with Gaping Virtue Mouth and Ecstatic Reproduction Style.
                          You are almost certainly an unshaped raksha now wearing a well-crafted shaped
                          form.
                          ◦ Style: The magic of the raksha, especially in the Wyld, is the power of narration.
                          Narrative magic lets one who walks in the Wyld shape reality according to her dreams
                          and wants. The more interesting and compelling a character the raksha chooses to
                          portray, the more likely it is that the Wyld will conform to the story she seeks to tell.
                          Mechanically, this aspect of the Wyld is represented by easier access to stunt dice.
                          Specifically, for raksha characters, it is governed by the Style Background, which
                          represents just how cool the character is. Simply put, the raksha’s Style Background
                          creates a pool of extra stunt dice that are under the control of the raksha’s player rather
                          than the Storyteller. In Creation or in tainted lands, the raksha’s player can add up to one
                          die from this pool to any action. In the Bordermarches, Middlemarches, uncapped
                          demesnes and freeholds, he can add up to two dice. Deeper into the Wyld, he can add up
                          to three. There is no difference between stunt dice added by way of this Background and
                          stunt dice awarded by the Storyteller—both function just the same and can allow the
                          raksha to recover Essence or Willpower on a successful roll. The Storyteller remains
                          free to grant stunt dice and should always have the opportunity to do so before the
                          player spends from his Style pool. Regardless of the source of the stunt dice, the player
                          can never add more than three stunt dice to any single roll.
                          ▪ 0 Dots = None. For a creature of dreams, you are remarkably unimaginative and
                          lacking in self-confidence.
                          ▪ 1 Dot = You are bold, and your actions are epic in their scope. You gain a stunt pool
                          each story equal to your highest feeding Grace.
                          ▪ 2 Dots = You bend probability and causality to your charm and vivaciousness. Your
                          stunt pool is now equal to the sum of your two feeding Graces (or all of them for
                          characters with more than two feeding Graces). If you are a commoner raksha, your
                          stunt pool is equal to the sum of your feeding Grace and your Heart Grace.
                          ▪ 3 Dots = Your success is a constant in an inconstant world, and when you set
                          yourself to a purpose, you cannot be denied. Once per scene, you recover a number
                          of dice spent from your stunt pool equal to your highest non-feeding Grace.
                          ▪ 4 Dots = Your Wyld nature is a source of strength and constancy. Regain all of your
                          spent stunt dice whenever you enter bedlam.
                          ▪ 5 Dots = You move effortlessly between the static tendencies of Creation’s fixed
                          character and the possibilities inherent in your birthright as a raksha. While in
                          Creation, you may undertake a number of Wyld stunts per story equal to your lowest
                          non-feeding Grace (see “Wyld Stunts” on p. 119). Each Wyld stunt performed in
                          Creation costs one gossamer, unless you want Paradox as though you were casting a
                          spell of level 5.
                          Recommended Charms: (of your 10)
                          • Any of the Excellency charms for the graces or spheres you like (mana for extra dice,
                          autosuccesses, or rerolls, for a specific Sphere)
                          • Ox-Body Technique (p191) (add health-levels)
                          • Feeding Charms (if you don't get them through the Birth background, for free)
                          • Assumption Charms (every Assumption has tons of good add-ons)
                          • Gladdening Visage (p181) and its upgrade Adored By All the World (p181)both help you
                          appear normal
                          • Hiding the Wyld's Touch (p216)also helps you appear normal (but in a different way)
                          • Any Crown Charms (see below)

Order of Reason/Alchemicals:
                          When the Craftmasons were killed for their religious views and devotion to communistic ideals, it was
                          only revealed later that they were the original practitioners of the Great Design of Autocthon. The
                          Demiurgic gift ("Alchemical Demiurge" see mutations page 111 in the Alchemicals book) lets you
                          make new Exalted.
                          • Most powers cause no paradox, or are Coincidental. Except when Raksha are around, or they
                          are in the Wyld. In those places, they are treated the same way that Raksha charms are in
                          Creation (with Obvious tagged charms causing paradox).
                          • Sphere costs go up to 8*new for all spheres (Sphere Max = Arete/Essence)
                          • Arete/Essence purchases require downtime plus potential size increases.
                          • Only those within the Order of Reason or Technocratic Union have had the secret truth of the
                          Machine God revealed to them, so they're the only ones that get access to this template.
                          Fluff:
                          When our forefathers fought the ancient sorcerers and won, we first made our place in this
                          world of shadows and dust. This terrible place would fall to the predation of inhuman beings if not for
                          our stewardship of it. The crawling chaos surrounds us, and we are the only refuge from it. Fortunately,
                          we are not alone in our work. Long ago, the first being to understand the glory of science created a
                          great mechanism to safeguard the world from chaos. This first engineer reforged himself into the great
                          plane of machines, Autocthon.
                          We have inherited the lab notes of the inventor of physics, the very being who carved the rules
                          of the world into reality, so that reality would continue. No creator or creation is perfect, however, and
                          so the work of many hands is needed to maintain the infrastructure that keeps our world Real. Our
                          colleagues have been taught how to do this, and in doing so, have made leaps in their understanding of
                          the world itself. It is old science, but science is true forever.
                          Unlike the supposed Ascension of the Traditions, we gain the understanding to integrate
                          ourselves more fully into the real world. With cutting-edge science, we build devices free of Paradox,
                          that can drive off the horrors of the outer worlds. Not everyone is capable of understanding, but
                          because we are the illuminated, noblesse oblige requires that we must fight the good fight against those
                          that would unmake our world.

Narrative Magic in Creation
                          Using Graces as Spheres
                          These all need to be channeled through the flavor of another power.
                          When used in Creation, they double the Paradox received when used
                          Vulgarly. All are explicitly applicable whenever the relevant list of
                          skills or themes would apply to the situation at hand.
                          Cup
                          (Desires, Drives, and Addictions)
                          1. Perceive Desires
                          2. Influence Self
                          3. Influence Other
                          4. Manipulate Other
                          5. Create/Destroy Desires
                          Ring
                          (Crafts, Self Control, Identity)
                          1. Perceive Craftsmanship
                          2. Influence Self
                          3. Influence Other
                          4. Manipulate Other
                          5. Create/Destroy Objects
                          Staff
                          (Social Structures, Loyalties, Organizations)
                          1. Perceive Social Structures
                          2. Influence Self
                          3. Influence Other
                          4. Manipulate Other
                          5. Create/Destroy Social Phenomena
                          Sword (functions interchangeably as Hjaldrar Pillar from Valdaermen or Warrior Pillar from Spirit
                          Talkers)
                          (Combat, Theft, Change)
                          1. Perceive Violence
                          2. Influence Self
                          3. Influence Other, Lethal Damage
                          4. Manipulate Other, Agg
                          5. Create/Destroy Violence, Summon warbands
                          Way (functions interchangeably as Fara Pillar from Valdaermen)

Comment

• Mask of Winters, First and Forsaken Lion, Bodhisattva Annoited By Dark Waters, and Bishop of the Chaceldony Thurible were a Circle of Twilight, Dawn, Eclipse, and Zenith respectively.

I don't know which Deathlord fits "Night" very well ywt though. Once I do it will be canon in my game and part of the Metaplot.

My players have managed to piss off 3 in only 10 sessions. A new record!

..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

• Black Heron is probably gonna fit Night this edition. Specifically Socalize Supernal, since her rework will have her become a smiling courteous noble whose smile hides grand arts and intent of assassination and murder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
                                Mask of Winters, First and Forsaken Lion, Bodhisattva Annoited By Dark Waters, and Bishop of the Chaceldony Thurible were a Circle of Twilight, Dawn, Eclipse, and Zenith respectively.

I don't know which Deathlord fits "Night" very well ywt though. Once I do it will be canon in my game and part of the Metaplot.

My players have managed to piss off 3 in only 10 sessions. A new record!
                                Eye and Seven Despairs was actually pretty Night-like in his 1e depiciton. He was a face-changing, manipulative monster who worked through lies, dupliciousness, strategy, and all that. Him turning into mad genius zombieman was the 2e take, but I always felt he was a Night before.

And stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X