Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's beg Rich for a high def digital map.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's beg Rich for a high def digital map.

Just slap your name down and maybe throw in some groveling.

They call me... Mr. Demmywinks.

I am completely behind this. If it had been possible to get the physical map with a .pdf book, I would have found a way to scrape up the $ (Getting the map and a physical book was out of the question.) A digital one that I can easily import into a program to make my own notes on would be fantastic.

And yes, I'd pay for it.

I'm a Woman, I'm a GM. Of course I'm Evil.

Follow the misadventures of the Dragons of the Sun

Comment

I grovel before the mighty Exalted Rich T., most mighty of the mighty, undisputed champion of the world in the electron-weight category! We grovel like the pitiful losers we are! We grovel like a guy who hasn't got a date the day before the prom and the only girl around is the head cheerleader, that's how much we grovel.

O mighty Exalted Rich T., we grovel like a video game addict trapped in an arcade without a quarter, that's how much we grovel. You would not believe the depths of our grovelry. We grovel like a guy with a large order of fries and the only saltshaker is at the table of the school bully.
      Cookies to those who got the reference!
      Please map?
      Last edited by LeTipex; 10-22-2015, 07:11 AM.

Chains of Silver and Blood, my current Ex3 campaign.
      I do maps for your games!
      Images 1, Images 2, Landscapes 1, Landscapes 2 and Musics from Creation.

Comment

Map please, please map.

Seriously, a high def map would be a really cool thing that is missing from a lot of games,

Comment

A high resolution map would be fantastic to have. I can get behind this.

Comment

Which resolution are we aiming for? what is "high" for you guys? I think it needs to be clarified. Maybe RichT considers 1000x1000 pixels a high resolution.

I think we had a 2890x1870 map. I am guessing you guys want something of even higher resolution

Comment

My memory's really fuzzy, LaTipex, it's been so long, but the ring of Marco's smartassery echoes across time.

Comment

I don't really know graphics very well, so I'm not sure how one could get higher definition than this...

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                Watch me play Dark Souls III (updated 02/03)
                https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

That, is a very good point. I though the version floating around was lower resolution than that.

(I'd still pay for a physical, framed one if shipping costs weren't likely atrocious.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ncolic View Post
                    Which resolution are we aiming for? what is "high" for you guys? I think it needs to be clarified. Maybe RichT considers 1000x1000 pixels a high resolution.

I think we had a 2890x1870 map. I am guessing you guys want something of even higher resolution

For reference, the one that I'm trying to reproduce is 3840x2303, so something in that neighborhood or higher would be my ideal target. I actually didn't realize the extant file we had was as close as it is though.

Sisyphus has it easy...

Comment

Originally posted by Ncolic View Post

In an ideal world? I'd want one at about the same resolution that they'll use for printing the 2' x 3' map, which I'm assuming is higher than the one on the web. There's a ton of detail you can squeeze into that.

But that is probably an ungawdly huge file size, so something about half again to twice the current resolution of the web map would work.

I'm a Woman, I'm a GM. Of course I'm Evil.

Follow the misadventures of the Dragons of the Sun

Comment

I would also like to have a large version of the map.

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
                        [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
                        [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                          My memory's really fuzzy, LaTipex, it's been so long, but the ring of Marco's smartassery echoes across time.
                          Dingdingdingding! We have a winner!

Chains of Silver and Blood, my current Ex3 campaign.
                          I do maps for your games!
                          Images 1, Images 2, Landscapes 1, Landscapes 2 and Musics from Creation.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                            I don't really know graphics very well, so I'm not sure how one could get higher definition than this...
                            That's low res, low detail, loads of compression artefacts. It's informative, but not high res or particularly good.

What doesn't kill you, makes you... stranger.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

Simplest explanation for non-graphics people like yourself Isator: resolution isn't the quality of the image, it's how many pixels are in it. This is important because normal print quality is 300dpi (dots per inch) or higher (screen resolution is generally 72dpi, for reference, which is why opening a high quality photo in a web browser tends to make it enormous).

Printed at 300dpi that map image is approximately 9 inches by 6 inches, 72dpi would make it about 40 inches wide, but at a third of standard print quality. Honestly an image of this type will still look pretty decent when blown up like that, but if there IS a higher resolution version somewhere I'd love to have it.

Sisyphus has it easy...

Comment

Working...
                              X