Sorcerous Workings: Where We Make Judgments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
    mm... I was thinking of an alter or a temple. Something which allows for sacrifices and prayers and rituals to have great fireworks and give actual flashy powers. But is that better for manses or artifacts?

Sounds like the sacrifices and infrastructure are means and the flashy powers are the workings themselves. If you are after "If x people are slain here, grant y power" then it COULD be a working (high celestial at least depending on the details) but is way more fitting as first age artifice.

Something that could work would be something like "A beliver in the sorcerer may perform a sacrifice at the altar, granting them a number of dice equal to the resource value of the sacrifice x2. These dice can be spent on actions made to fulfill the purpose of the sacrifice. A practitioner can only benefit from one sacrifice per month and once a new sacrifice is made, unspent dice are lost. Human sacrifices count as resource 3 if they are taken from enemies and outsiders and 5 if they are a fellow beliver." The human sacrifice part could be taken out if the solar is not a cruel bastard.
    Last edited by Carrot Crusader; 11-30-2018, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• What would be required to break a Monstrance of Celestial Portion and free the exaltation linked to it? Or even cleanse the exaltation allowing it to enter the normal reincarnation cycle?

I'm guessing certainly solar circle. We know that the Monstrances were made with very high level necromancy, makes sense they might be unmade with high level sorcery.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribblethemunchkin View Post
        What would be required to break a Monstrance of Celestial Portion and free the exaltation linked to it? Or even cleanse the exaltation allowing it to enter the normal reincarnation cycle?

I'm guessing certainly solar circle. We know that the Monstrances were made with very high level necromancy, makes sense they might be unmade with high level sorcery.

Breaking the monstrance is like breaking any other artifact I imagine, tricky but possible with physical violence. The hard part is actually gaining access to it. A ST is of course free to add any complications they deem fitting if any to the breaking of the monstrance.

Cleansing an abyssal... If the ST want to allow it at all under the workings rule system, I would say Solar 2. "Utterly transform the nature of a supernatural being". I would probably place a requirement to break the monstrance before it may be attempted.

Comment

• Last I checked, we don't really know jack about Abyssals in 3e. Do they even have Monstrances? Is deconversion even possible?

I'd kinda prefer it if nothing was ever said about it, In 2e, "redemption" was a thing nobody in-setting even knew was theoretically possible, but so much ink was poured into this clearly impossible thing that there was a step-by-step guide for doing it.

Comment

Working...
          X