No announcement yet.

Sorcerous Workings: Where We Make Judgments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone else can eat the food, but the Willpower will only be converted to food if the person spending the Willpower is hungry.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
      Someone else can eat the food, but the Willpower will only be converted to food if the person spending the Willpower is hungry.

I'd still peg that at Celestial 1, yeah. It's a little too easy to produce food in large-scale quantities for me to be comfortable calling it Terrestrial.

Comment

• Sorcerous workings can add merits to humans.

I presume this applies to weapons as well. Probably easier, since it isn't stuff like giving someone superhuman strength or durability.

Terrestrial 1 allows things like one-handed claymores and other things. Or silent heavy armour. Terrestrial 2 gets you things like rocket launchers that you can hide in your pants or jacket, like you conceal a hold-out pistol.

Alternatively, I'm totally wrong, and this requires a celestial working.

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
          Sorcerous workings can add merits to humans.

I presume this applies to weapons as well.
          Well, there aren't any rules for giving objects Merits, but I could see modifying equipment to gain Tags.

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
          Probably easier, since it isn't stuff like giving someone superhuman strength or durability.
          Depends on what you're trying to imbue it with.

Terrestrial 1 allows things like one-handed claymores and other things. Or silent heavy armour.
          I mean, in both of these cases you're still effectively granting the wielder a supernatural power (albeit one minor enough that I'd probably let it squeak by at Terrestrial 3, especially if there were some interesting drawbacks attached).

Terrestrial 2 gets you things like rocket launchers that you can hide in your pants or jacket, like you conceal a hold-out pistol.
          In the Exalted Modern shard, perhaps; either way, this definitely feels more in-keeping with Celestial 2.

Comment

Sorcerous workings can add merits to humans.

I presume this applies to weapons as well. Probably easier, since it isn't stuff like giving someone superhuman strength or durability.

Terrestrial 1 allows things like one-handed claymores and other things. Or silent heavy armour. Terrestrial 2 gets you things like rocket launchers that you can hide in your pants or jacket, like you conceal a hold-out pistol.

Alternatively, I'm totally wrong, and this requires a celestial working.
            I dislike three things about this concept:

First it completely bypasses the craft system to imbue objects with supernatural powers and second, there's already a way to do things like this: Special Materials (Exalted page 590). Things like making armor out of feather steel gives it the silent tag. Third, the higher level stuff are things that straight up artifacts can do. You should never be able to just slap an enchantment on something the size of a rocket launcher so you can hide it in your pants. That's a three dot artifact at the very least.

Check out my homebrew exalt: The Fabulists - Chosen of the Raksha here

Comment

• Originally posted by armyofwhispers View Post
              I dislike three things about this concept:

First it completely bypasses the craft system to imbue objects with supernatural powers and second, there's already a way to do things like this: Special Materials (Exalted page 590). Things like making armor out of feather steel gives it the silent tag. Third, the higher level stuff are things that straight up artifacts can do. You should never be able to just slap an enchantment on something the size of a rocket launcher so you can hide it in your pants. That's a three dot artifact at the very least.
              Yeah. Probably right.

Probably needless too. What with the benediction of water

Comment

Graaaggghh!!!

Have I ever mentioned how I really hate 3e's crafting system?

How about this? An automated factory. Meant to build anything and everything a city needs. Meant for sieges and support a desert town.
                Really? I absolutely LOVE the crafting system in 3E.

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. - James. D. Nicoll

Comment

• Originally posted by Tymeaus Jalynsfein View Post
                  Really? I absolutely LOVE the crafting system in 3E.
                  I know, right? I’ve made a lot more characters in this system with one or two dots of Craft than I ever did in 2e.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                    I know, right? I’ve made a lot more characters in this system with one or two dots of Craft than I ever did in 2e.

Character I am playing now has multiple Crafting Skills, none above 2, but oh so very, very useful in so many ways
                    I am always coming up with little projects to occupy my time and gain small benefits from. I absolutely Love It...

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. - James. D. Nicoll

Comment

• There is a pesky sidereal Or a god called Shitbreath the ST used to invade my twilight characters dreams as a twisted version of a ghost of Christmas past . And I felt defenceless against with no way of defending against the moralising prick . I want to make a magick dream catcher I’d hang above my bed which would drag the pesky shit kicking and screaming out of my dream as soon as he invades it and traps him hanging in it immobilised so I can give him a good kicking to teach him the error of his ways. How difficult a working would it be to do that ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beast of Bitter Oblivion View Post
                        There is a pesky sidereal Or a god called Shitbreath the ST used to invade my twilight characters dreams as a twisted version of a ghost of Christmas past . And I felt defenceless against with no way of defending against the moralising prick . I want to make a magick dream catcher I’d hang above my bed which would drag the pesky shit kicking and screaming out of my dream as soon as he invades it and traps him hanging in it immobilised so I can give him a good kicking to teach him the error of his ways. How difficult a working would it be to do that ?
                        Celestial 2 or 1

Comment

Celestial 2 or 1
                          Thanks but doesn’t that seem a little low?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beast of Bitter Oblivion View Post
                            Thanks but doesn’t that seem a little low?
                            Celestial 2 I think is the one that prevents scrying on your room, so this is pretty close (depending if it only keeps out this invader, the actual scale of the invader, etc)

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5
                            Patreon, with my own games, horror stories, and folklore research here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                            San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here
                            My free folklore research and horror writing blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Well, to counter the effect of a Circle Spell, it's advised to do a maximum ambition working of the same Circle of Sorcery, so for the spell of speaking in dreams in question would be Terrestrial 3. However, you wish to prevent the spell from happening, which would be stronger I guess, so yeah Celestial 1 or 2 seems fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Epee102 View Post

Celestial 2 I think is the one that prevents scrying on your room, so this is pretty close (depending if it only keeps out this invader, the actual scale of the invader, etc)
                                Terrestrial 2 wards a chamber against scrying, teleportation, or intrusion by a certain kind of spirit. So, arguably that's high enough. Celestial 1 can ward a chamber or structure against all intruders with magical traps and barriers, while Celestial 2 can strengthen fortifications against supernatural powers.
                                Being broad enough to be sure to work against an unknown method might bring it past Terrestrial 2, and being able to trap the attacker brings it past that, depending on how powerful a trap it is.

If you feel like it, Solar 2 can alter laws of physics on a city-wide scale - you could probably make dreams physical within whatever city you're in, which surely is a responsible and efficient means of dealing with the problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X