No announcement yet.

Sorcerous Workings: Where We Make Judgments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No offence , and I do appreciate the replies, but have any of you actually read the specific effect I wanted because what you are describing is not what I’m making.
    Last edited by Beast of Bitter Oblivion; 06-15-2019, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beast of Bitter Oblivion View Post
      No offence , and I do appreciate the replies, but have any of you actually read the specific effect I wanted because what you are describing is not what I’m making.
      I have, but I don’t know what mechanism this spirit or sidereal is using to enter your dreams and thus have trouble judging the effect.

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5 , Vol 6
      Many Limbed Manual
      Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
      San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here
      My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Thing is we are not just talking about securing the dreamscape but detecting them preventing escape physically dragging them out of it transporting them across creation and holding them captive. I personally thought it would be a solar working.
        Alternative would be trapping their mind in the dreamcatcher so their body just withers away and dies eventually.
        Last edited by Beast of Bitter Oblivion; 06-15-2019, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Thing is we are not just talking about securing the dreamscape but detecting them preventing escape physically dragging them out of it transporting them across creation and holding them captive. I personally thought it would be a solar working.
          Alternative would be trapping their mind in the dreamcatcher so their body just withers away and dies eventually.
          Part of the problem is that would be a boring way to die.
          The rules try to put some effort to making it hard for exalts and similarly powerful beings to die without a dramatic death, so the list of sorcerous workings doesn't have any examples of that sort of thing.

Comment

No offence , and I do appreciate the replies, but have any of you actually read the specific effect I wanted because what you are describing is not what I’m making.
            From what you explained your opponent may as well be just using the Terrestrial Spell : "Silent Words of Dreams and Nightmares", so without further details it's hard to have an idea. But I don't think protecting your dreams and setting a trap in it should be higher than Celestial 3 in any way.

Comment

• How much defence does he get against the trap? A roll? Spend wp?

And there probably is a difference between if he's sending you nightmares, or actually coming into the dream.

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                How much defence does he get against the trap? A roll? Spend wp?

And there probably is a difference between if he's sending you nightmares, or actually coming into the dream.
                Considering that he doesn’t give me any way way of defending against him invading my dream or leaving I don’t think he should get any chance of resisting either otherwise it defeats the point.

Comment

• That's going to be much higher then.
                  What does he do in the dreams? Just talk to you, or do damage, inflict social influence, etc?

I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                    That's going to be much higher then.
                    What does he do in the dreams? Just talk to you, or do damage, inflict social influence, etc?
                    He was trying to teach my character a moral lesson. In a spirit of the ghost of Christmas future etc. And I couldn’t do anything to stop him lecturing me or had a choice to leave or wake up. Safe to say he made an enemy for life. I won’t stop till I hunted him down and put him down like a moralising dog that he is. Putting down Shitbreath is now on the list of my major intimacies. My dreams should be my characters safe space not a lectern for some moralising prick. And there are no charms I could use to defend myself while sleeping so dreamcatcher is my last and only hope to stop this dick coming back next Christmas.
                    Last edited by Beast of Bitter Oblivion; 06-17-2019, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• I don't think there is really a defense written against the spell "Silent Words of Dreams and Nightmares" so you would have to prepare a Working of Terrestrial 3 to stop it, and certainly Celestial 2-3 to trap your dream so you can do some reverse counter attack while he is invading your dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Chausse View Post
                        I don't think there is really a defense written against the spell "Silent Words of Dreams and Nightmares"
                        Sure there is; if it's not the sorcerer's control spell, he's got to get his hands on something of yours (and since casting the spell burns it up, he's got to keep on getting stuff of yours). Every time you shave, burn the hair; every time you buy new clothes, burn the old ones. You catch anyone with their hands on your stuff, burn them.

If you continue to have this difficulty but nothing of yours is going missing, then it's probably his control spell... which means he's one of the people around you in your day-to-day life. See if you can get him to slip up and reveal himself.

​Sure, you end up looking like a paranoid dingus, but it's not paranoia when they really are out to get you.
                        Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 06-17-2019, 02:47 PM.

Comment

He was trying to teach my character a moral lesson. In a spirit of the ghost of Christmas future etc. And I couldn’t do anything to stop him lecturing me or had a choice to leave or wake up. Safe to say he made an enemy for life. I won’t stop till I hunted him down and put him down like a moralising dog that he is. Putting down Shitbreath is now on the list of my major intimacies. My dreams should be my characters safe space not a lectern for some moralising prick. And there are no charms I could use to defend myself while sleeping so dreamcatcher is my last and only hope to stop this dick coming back next Christmas.
                          If he’s there, in your head, and you make a trap that catches him and pulls him out (or stops him from getting in) Celestial 3. If hes somewhere else and projecting Solar 1. I will say this sounds more like a ST problem then a working one—I assumed this was a weird joke ask at first because Shitbreath is an awful name and the scenario sounded very strange.

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5 , Vol 6
                          Many Limbed Manual
                          Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                          San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here
                          My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Chausse View Post
                            I don't think there is really a defense written against the spell "Silent Words of Dreams and Nightmares"
                            There are actually Lunar Charms (Nightmare Beast Soul and Midnight Guardian Territory) that specifically defend against it, as well as any other dream-affecting magic.

Comment

• Your St sounds terrible.

Ask him more questions like how it's done. Is it actual astral travel or a spell?

Comment

• The character wasn't called Shitbreath, that's just what Beast calls him.
                                It was a comedy session like 2 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X